It is currently 05/04/24 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/21/14 3:34 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

Although I'm not sure if the thieves got away with anything. The story isn't clear about that, but I assume "interrupted" signals a failed attempt.

Owner watches from outside the country as thieves enter NW home

Calgary police are searching for two suspects following a Sunday morning break-and-enter in the Hamptons which was interrupted by advanced technology in home security.

According to police, at 10:15 a.m., a 911 call was placed by a Calgarian who was travelling outside of Canada. The homeowner had received an electronic alert indicating a security breach at their residence on Hamptons Green N.W. The homeowner was able to access a security video feed originating from within the property.

The Calgary Police Service HAWCS helicopter was deployed and officers observed a pickup truck parked outside of the residence.Two suspects entered the vehicle and HAWCS tracked the vehicle as it made its way across the city.

A passenger in the pickup truck was dropped off at an undisclosed location in the southeast. The driver of the suspect vehicle continued to the Sunridge Mall parking lot. The suspect abandoned the vehicle and entered the mall on foot.

The two suspects remain at large.

Officers are working with Sunridge Mall security and the homeowner’s alarm company to secure video footage of the suspects.

Anyone with information about the break-and-enter is asked to contact the Calgary Police Service, 403-266-1234, or Crime Stoppers.

Read more: http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/owner-watches ... z3MZQXzC4K

PostPosted: 12/21/14 3:38 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

(Please note: I am trying to be as careful as possible so as not to demean anyone).

Interesting story, but what's your take on it Rose? Why the inverted commas?

PostPosted: 12/21/14 4:07 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

To indicate the word used in the article and ponder the significance of that word being used. It either means they got away with nothing.........or they got a lot less than they would have had the security system not been in place. It's ambiguous.

Sarcasm noted CM and very unnecessary.

PostPosted: 12/21/14 4:32 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

Unnecessary?

Oooops, failed again!

PostPosted: 12/21/14 5:44 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

Your self-deprecating act is growing tiresome. Since you persist, I will refrain from responding to you in the future. As I was reminded quite harshly yesterday, life is too short for any negativity. :)

PostPosted: 12/21/14 9:00 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

I was joking. (both times)

Sheeesh .....

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply