It is currently 03/28/24 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/24/14 9:23 am • # 1 
Administrator

Something is not adding up here.

Woman at scene suburban St. Louis identifies dead man as her son, Antonio Martin, 18

The Associated Press
Posted: Dec 24, 2014 5:40 AM ET|
Last Updated: Dec 24, 2014 10:12 AM ET

Violent protests broke out again in suburban St. Louis after another fatal shooting of a black 18-year-old by a white police officer.

The shooting happened around 11:15 p.m. Tuesday at a convenience store in Berkeley, Missouri, just a few miles from Ferguson, where Michael Brown, an unarmed black 18-year-old, was killed by a white officer in August.

St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar says the Berkeley shooting victim was black and the officer white.

Belmar says police were called about a theft and as the officer questioned two men, one pointed a gun at him. The officer fired three shots. One hit the gunman.

A violent protest broke out. Two officers were injured, police cars were damaged and fire was set at a QuikTrip store. Four people were arrested.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/police-sho ... -1.2883251

PostPosted: 12/24/14 11:08 am • # 2 
Don't read any of the comments on this shooting. People sound so incredibly racist,

There is a post going around facebook saying BLUE LIVES MATTER,

I was going to post ALL LIVES MATTER, but didn't know if I could stomach all the awful comments.

If this kid pointed a gun at a police officer, the officer had no recourse. Sad.

PostPosted: 12/24/14 11:12 am • # 3 
Editorialist

This whole series of events has created a mess. The blacks who are "gunning" for any police officer and the police officers who have a hair trigger response. A black man could approach a police car/officer with just a finger pointing like a gun and I don't doubt that he'd be shot, especially if it was dark. It's sad.

They found this victims gun at the scene.....

PostPosted: 12/24/14 11:25 am • # 4 
Administrator

Did the cop already have his gun out when the alleged thief pulled his? That doesn't make sense. Why would the kid pull his gun under such circumstances?
If the kid drew his gun first, how can a cop get his gun out after the kid and get 3 rounds off before the kid has time to shoot?

Stuff like that only happens in cowboy movies.

PostPosted: 12/24/14 11:53 am • # 5 
There's a clip in this link, oskar. The kid did a stupid thing and he paid with his life.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /20849045/

PostPosted: 12/24/14 12:02 pm • # 6 
Administrator

So they post a video that they stop short of the shooting?

PostPosted: 12/24/14 12:19 pm • # 7 
Editorialist

Yes, out of respect for the family. And? It clearly shows the young man had a gun pointed at the officer before he was shot. What did you expect the officer to do? Talk to him?

I know that if someone pointed a gun at me, I'd shoot and ask questions later.

PostPosted: 12/24/14 12:22 pm • # 8 
Administrator

If I was the family I'd insist on seeing the entire tape and having it analyzed by independent experts. In the current mood nothing but complete proof can allay the mistrust.

PostPosted: 12/24/14 2:22 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
If I was the family I'd insist on seeing the entire tape and having it analyzed by independent experts. In the current mood nothing but complete proof can allay the mistrust.

Probably.

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ] New Topic Add Reply