It is currently 03/28/24 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: YOU be the judge
PostPosted: 12/31/14 8:43 am • # 1 
Administrator

A friend posted this on Facebook ~ I'm amazed no one at Hasbro noticed the "resemblance" ~ :ey ~ Sooz

Hasbro, Makers of Play-Doh, Is Super Sorry About Selling Your Children All Those Dildos
It's been a bad day on Facebook for the toy maker.
By Eric Spitznagel

Is there anything worse than having your company's Facebook page covered in photos of what appears to be dildos? There is, actually. It's worse if those dildos are actually toys that your company sold to children for Christmas.

As Scooby-Doo would say, "Ruh-roh."

To be fair, Hasbro—the toy and board game manufacturer that's been in business for close to 100 years—can't claim they never saw it coming. Back in November, parents started complaining that the Play-Doh "Cake Mountain" toy more than vaguely resembled a glass dildo. Hasbro didn't take much notice, other than offering replacement parts to disgruntled parents.

It looked like the whole thing would blow over. Until today, when customers shared photos on Hasbro's Facebook wall that made it pretty obvious that they weren't being humorless puritans prone to seeing sexual corruption everywhere. This was no "there are subliminal sexual messages hidden in Disney films" conspiracy theory. Seriously, look at this thing.

That's a penis, right? What else could it be but a penis?

It gets worse the more you learn about the Sweet Shoppe Cake Mountain Playset (retail price $20). The "2-piece extruder" is apparently used for squeezing "icing" onto Play-Doh cakes. Yes, you read that correctly. Icing.

Whatever sick mental image that created in your mind is entirely your doing. Don't put this on us!

We kinda have to agree with the mob on this one, Hasbro. What's surprising isn't that your customers are so mad about the dildos you sold them. What's surprising is that somebody in your company—somebody in a position of authority, we would assume—looked at this toy before it was shipped to stores and thought, "Yep. Nothing about this reminds me of a big, veiny cock. Let's sell it to children immediately!"

Hasbro has been taking down customer photos all afternoon, so you won't be able to find a Christmasy gallery of dongs on their Facebook wall anymore. They even issued an apology, saying that they've "heard some consumer feedback about the extruder tool in the Play-Doh Cake Mountain playset and are in the process of updating all future Play-Doh products with a different tool."

Because we are extremely mature adults, we're not going to laugh like Beavis and Butthead just because Hasbro said "tool."

http://www.menshealth.com/best-life/play-doh-dildo?adbid=10154958090510207&adbpl=fb&adbpr=56916320206&cid=socBL_20141230_38110187

Post subject: Re: YOU be the judge
PostPosted: 12/31/14 8:52 am • # 2 
Editorialist

How many children young enough to enjoy playing with Play-doh will even know what a dildo is? Seriously. Damn adults sexualize (and ruin) crap for children all the time. Let them be kids and keep your nasty thoughts to yourself.

PostPosted: 12/31/14 8:56 am • # 3 
Administrator

So where's the real problem? Hasbro or adults who see "sex" everywhere they look?

PostPosted: 12/31/14 9:52 am • # 4 
Editorialist

"Completely ruined Christmas...." my ass! Next time just buy your kid a Bible and really screw-up her life.

PostPosted: 12/31/14 10:19 am • # 5 
Editorialist

i am still trying to figure out why this is such a problem. is there something wrong with penises?

PostPosted: 12/31/14 10:58 am • # 6 
I dunno-- when I first saw it I thought it looked like a syringe--siigh-- shows how old I'm getting! Must be this flu bug that the shot didn't protect me from that's addled my thinking. Looking at the toy, I am quite sure at least one of my corrupt little innocents would have snickered ...

PostPosted: 12/31/14 11:04 am • # 7 
Editorialist

Cannalee2 wrote:
I dunno-- when I first saw it I thought it looked like a syringe--siigh-- shows how old I'm getting! Must be this flu bug that the shot didn't protect me from that's addled my thinking. Looking at the toy, I am quite sure at least one of my corrupt little innocents would have snickered ...

I thought "syringe" at first too. LOL, that's what happens when you have or do work in the healthcare industry. But, shhhhh. Don't say that out loud. You'll have the naysayers also saying that it promotes drug use. :lol

PostPosted: 12/31/14 11:05 am • # 8 
Editorialist

I cracked up when I read about this. People get so uptight!

Some of the play-dough equipment we had was very hard to clean out, so I see this design as an improvement. Especially using clear plastic, so you can see any bits left behind before they dry out and get stuck.

PostPosted: 12/31/14 12:06 pm • # 9 
This is what a real cake icing gun looks like. Not getting the outrage, but I seldom do.

PostPosted: 12/31/14 1:16 pm • # 10 
Administrator

Looks more like a caulking gun, kathyk. Or maybe it's a cocking gun. :angel

PostPosted: 12/31/14 2:38 pm • # 11 
Administrator

No silos but clearly a syringe to get the little types excited about their future. Heroin addiction. What's wrong with people?

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply