It is currently 06/18/24 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: 03/04/15 6:19 am • # 1 
Editorialist

Sigh.

Iowa Class Teaches How To Openly Carry A Baby While Carrying A Gun

An Iowa woman is leading a baby-wearing, gun carrying workshop, because there’s nothing cuter than Second Amendment babies and we all know that guns and toddlers are a great combination.

“If you’re a mother, and if you’re an armed mother, they have to. You have no choice,” said Melody Lauer/mother-gun instructor, as if she really feels there is no other choice.

“I was actually working at both a gun store and a parenting center at the same time,” Lauer said.

She’s not trying to convince parents that they should carry a gun. Simply encouraging them to do it safely, if they choose to, according to WATE.

“We have seen a huge insurgence in young mothers – mothers of young children, wanting to get into firearms. And what’s happening is we don’t have instructors that are addressing their needs. So they just do it. They don’t do it right and then they end up having an accident,” Lauer said.

Who are these ‘insurgent’ mothers who are rising up against the government? She may not know the definition of actual words, but you can put the safety of your children in her crazy hands.

“If you have baby on one side, it’s best to have gun on the other side,” Lauer said as if no one knew about this concept before.

“To our knowledge, nobody is doing this yet. The interest was so great that she actually had to turn off or shut off the registration. Otherwise, we would have had two-three times as many people here,” said Barry Snesll, Crossroads Shooting Sports.

“When we first had Margaret, and I just had this overwhelming desire, that I need to protect this child. And it’s really made me take it a lot more seriously,” said Eric Tull, a student.

“That makes me feel a little bit more better that we’ve had at least a few more people that are less likely to have accidents because I’ve helped them along that way,” Lauer said.

In one county in Texas in just a few days: A 5-year-old boy was shot and critically injured by his 6-year-old brother at their home. A three-year-old fatally shot himself in the head after finding a loaded gun in his mother’s purse.

A four-year-old boy who got his little hands on a loaded gun and shot himself. He’s dead, too.

But I’m sure this woman will change all of that by openly carrying a baby and weapon at the same time. That’s right. Instead of keeping guns away from children, let’s move them closer to the weapons. That’ll learn ‘em!

USA! USA! USA!

http://freakoutnation.com/2015/03/iowa- ... ing-a-gun/

PostPosted: 03/04/15 6:42 am • # 2 
Administrator

Still breastfeeding their guns, eh?
Be careful when you burp tha gun, ladies.

Woman fatally shoots herself while adjusting bra holster
A woman in Michigan died after accidentally shooting herself in the eye while securing her handgun
By David Lawler, Washington
10:39PM GMT 18 Feb 2015

Police in Michigan have determined that a mishap involving a bra holster led to the death of a local politician and pageant champion.

Christina Bond, a 55-year-old mother of two, fatally shot herself in the eye while attempting to secure her handgun.

"She was having trouble adjusting her bra holster, couldn't get it to fit the way she wanted it to," said St. Joseph Public Safety Director Mark Clapp. "She was looking down at it and accidentally discharged the weapon."

Bond was rushed from her home on Lake Michigan after the incident, but succumbed to her injuries at a local hospital.

She was a local Republican official, and an obituary printed in the Herald-Palladium newspaper said she served two tours as a member of the United States Navy.

The obituary also describes Bond as having been "on fire for the lord", and an active member of the Christian Motorcycle Association. She also won the 2013 Miss Michigan Figure Overall body-building championship.

Carrie Lightfoot, owner of the Well Armed Woman store, told the USA Today last year that bra holsters were growing in popularity.

"It's kind of a natural location depending on the size of the gun and the size of the 'guns,'" said Ms Lightfoot. "Women just need options because one day a woman is wearing a dress, the next day a suit and the next day exercise clothing."

While the incident which led to Bond's death occurred on New Year's Day, police just released the details surrounding the shooting on Wednesday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... lster.html

PostPosted: 03/04/15 8:44 am • # 3 
Editorialist

The obituary also describes Bond as having been "on fire for the lord"...Because you can get a lot more with a prayer and a gun than with just a prayer.

"and an active member of the Christian Motorcycle Association..." I think that's carrying piety a little too far, insisting that your motorcycle be Christian. Maybe it had been repossessed, and she'd just redeemed it. Maybe she ran into a sheep, so it had some blood of the lamb on the windshield. Can't figure it out.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply