It is currently 06/26/24 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
PostPosted: 03/20/15 2:47 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

"Federal govt has no business sticking its nose in education. We need to repeal every word of Common Core!" - Sen. Ted Cruz

http://thinkprogress.org/education/2015/03/20/3636884/every-claim-ted-cruz-statement-completely-false/

PostPosted: 03/20/15 3:00 pm • # 2 
Administrator

Those people are against an informed, educated voter. They can't get elected otherwise.

PostPosted: 03/21/15 9:16 am • # 3 
Editorialist

It took until March 16 for a progressive voice to ask what the heck Cruz was talking about. At ThinkProgress, Judd Legum reported on a Cruz tweet—"We need to repeal every word of Common Core!"—with the headline "Ted Cruz Makes Impassioned Plea For Repeal Of Federal Legislation That Does Not Exist." Matter-of-factly, Legum explained that "Common Core is not, in fact, a federal law," that its standards were "developed by the states," and that the federal government played "no role" in writing them.
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-03-19/what-ted-cruz-talks-about-when-he-talks-about-common-core

In short, the standards are meant to get every student in America on the same page. Right now, the Common Core standards cover two areas: math and English language arts (writing and reading). They were developed by a group of governors, chief state school officers and education experts from 48 states. To date, 44 states and the District of Columbia have formally adopted the new standards. By Spring of 2015, most of these states plan to administer state tests that have been aligned to the new standards.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/ed/2014/05/27/307755798/the-common-core-faq#q1

PostPosted: 03/21/15 9:53 am • # 4 
Administrator

Slick Obama got so many states to sign up for it and is now closer than ever to turn our free market economy into Communism. "Common" is code for Communism.
I heard it on the Alex Jones show and he has a website. So it must be true..

PostPosted: 03/21/15 10:25 am • # 5 
Editorialist

Ted Cruz - The bargain lot used car salesman of the US Senate.

PostPosted: 03/22/15 6:25 pm • # 6 
From Harper's home town - Calgary, no less. Did he get his edjukashon from "The Calgary School"?

If he did... don't let that son-of-a-bitch anywhere near the White House.

PostPosted: 03/23/15 9:49 am • # 7 
Editorialist

Let's keep in mind that it isn't Cruz that is the problem, it's the people that elected him.

It's that a huge number of people can listen to the man and think, "He makes sense! I'm voting for him".

PostPosted: 03/23/15 9:57 am • # 8 
Administrator

John59 wrote:
Let's keep in mind that it isn't Cruz that is the problem, it's the people that elected him.

It's that a huge number of people can listen to the man and think, "He makes sense! I'm voting for him".

True, John ~ but I'm not cutting Cruz any slack ~ yes, he's "playing" to his audience ~ but he's just another loud, obnoxious TPer who will say/do anything to "win" and the hell with reality ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 03/23/15 10:41 am • # 9 
Editorialist

sooz06 wrote:
True, John ~ but I'm not cutting Cruz any slack ~ yes, he's "playing" to his audience ~ but he's just another loud, obnoxious TPer who will say/do anything to "win" and the hell with reality ~
Sooz

No argument here, Sooz.

My point is that if people support what he stands for then it's more than just Cruz that is the problem.

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ] New Topic Add Reply