It is currently 09/27/24 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: 03/20/15 4:35 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

Republican, of course.

arktimes.com wrote:
HB 1424: This bill — by Rep. Justin Harris — would complicate the judicial bypass procedure for minors seeking an abortion, perhaps to the point it would be unconstitutional (as if that matters to legislators.) It would restrict access, redefine consent; strip the exception of parental notice in cases of rape or incest; require seeking a bypass in a woman's home county. Justin Harris purports to look out for the safety of young women? Please. It's on a House committee agenda today.
http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2015/03/10/the-war-on-womens-medical-rights

If his name sounds familiar, perhaps it is because of this...

arktimes.com wrote:
On April 4, 2014, a 38-year-old resident of Bella Vista named Eric Cameron Francis was arrested by the Arkansas State Police for the rape of a 6-year-old girl in what the police said was his temporary care. Sexual crimes against children always attract a certain horrified attention, but this particular case earned additional scrutiny because Francis had recently worked as head teacher at a Christian preschool in West Fork owned by state Rep. Justin Harris (R-West Fork) and his wife, Marsha.

In February, the Arkansas Times asked Rep. Harris to comment on the case and explain what became of the girls he and his wife had adopted. He refused, and stated that the Times was attempting to "smear" him. "It's evil," he said, becoming visibly upset.

When asked whether he rehomed his adoptive children with another family, he replied, "I'm not confirming that." When asked about the statements made in the State Police report in the Francis case, Harris said he hadn't read the file because of the disturbing descriptions of sexual abuse that they contain.

Harris then quoted Isaiah 54:17: "No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you."

"You don't know what we've been through this past year. You have no idea what my family has been through," he said emphatically. "I don't care what the people of Arkansas think about me. I don't care if I lose my position. I care what my wife thinks about me, and I care what my three sons think about me."
http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/a-child-left-unprotected/Content?oid=3691164

I think Rep Harris' biblical view of women is obvious.

PostPosted: 03/21/15 1:41 am • # 2 
Administrator

Not from the State of Retardation?

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply