It is currently 09/27/24 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: "... anti-gun ad ..."
PostPosted: 03/21/15 6:23 am • # 1 
Administrator

YOWZAAAAA! ~ powerful, indeed ~ and a VERY interesting "character study" ~ :st ~ Sooz

The Rachel Maddow Show 3/20/15
Powerful anti-gun ad panics gun rights groups

Rachel Maddow reports on an anti-gun publicity stunt that is so powerful in making its point that gun rights groups are freaking out, voicing their objections and attacking States United to Prevent Gun Violence any way they can.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/powerful-anti-gun-ad-panics-gun-rights-groups-416162371569

PostPosted: 03/21/15 9:06 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Thanks for posting this, Sooz.

Here is the website http://gunswithhistory.com/

As Rachel said, gun groups are upset...

The New York State Rifle and Pistol Association is calling upon state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman to investigate the producer of the video for potential violations of state and local laws.

"First off, the firearms and accessories hanging in the background do not appear to comply with either New York City law or the so-called SAFE Act," said NYSRPA President Thomas King in a statement.

"Second, it felony violation of the Sullivan Act for a person to posses a handgun anywhere in New York without a license. The video clearly shows individual 'customers' handling various handguns and doing so in an unsafe manner," King said.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/03/19/nra-affiliate-is-so-scared-of-this-gun-safety-v/202962

The irony and hypocrisy of pro-gun groups claiming that people are breaking NY gun laws is amazing.

PostPosted: 03/21/15 10:30 am • # 3 
Editorialist

I was thinking yesterday re guns, concealed carry, etc: I have seen (and been in, many many years ago) bar fights where, if someone had been carrying a sidearm, someone would have been dead, instead of just walking away with bruises.

PostPosted: 03/21/15 12:12 pm • # 4 
Administrator

grampatom wrote:
I was thinking yesterday re guns, concealed carry, etc: I have seen (and been in, many many years ago) bar fights where, if someone had been carrying a sidearm, someone would have been dead, instead of just walking away with bruises.

Besides, guns take all the fun out of a good bar brawl.

PostPosted: 03/21/15 12:27 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
grampatom wrote:

Besides, guns take all the fun out of a good bar brawl.

Au contraire!

What could be more fun than shooting someone that likes a different football team than you do?

PostPosted: 03/22/15 6:37 pm • # 6 
I remember a documentary series called "Connections" and one episode was about the invention of nitro glycerine. Apparently, getting pure ivory billiard balls was impossible in the wild west of the 1800's so nitro glycerine was added to some compounds to give clay balls added hardness. But... there was a problem.... if two balls collided at just the right velocity - they would make a loud crack similar to a gun shot. Next thing you know . . . out came the "Peacemakers" and the bar would break out into gun fight.

Guns are just a tool. It's the tools who use them that I wonder about.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply