It is currently 09/27/24 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 03/30/15 6:04 pm • # 1 
Administrator

blamed on Obama ~ :ey ~ there are a few "live links" to more/corroborating information in the original ~ Sooz

A Bunch of Idiots Took Selfies in Front of the East Village Fire in NYC—and Fox News Blamed Obama
—By Inae Oh | Mon Mar. 30, 2015 6:30 PM EDT

Back in February, President Obama recorded a short video of himself using a selfie stick—the elongated recording tool some critics warn is enabling a generation of self-absorbed millennials—with the obvious intention to promote Obamacare with a side of fun. The clip, recorded for Buzzfeed, instantly went viral and was largely well-received with a chuckle.

But according to one Fox News host today, Obama and his selfie stick-wielding video are to blame for encouraging ill advised photos such as the ones of New York City tourists snapping selfies in front of a large building fire.

Up in arms over the East Village selfies, "Outnumbered" host Harris Faulkner explained on Monday:

Quote:
When the president does it, you've got a whole new generation now. I’m not just picking on the older adults and protecting the little kids.

But you’ve got a bar that’s moving now. That gold standard isn’t what it used to be. You’ve got on a weekend, we’re talking Islamic state, we’re talking all sorts of things, and you’ve got a president with a selfie stick that’s as tall as I am taking pictures of himself, 'Can’t get my hand in the cookie jar!'

The Obama bashing aside, Faulkner and her co-hosts join a chorus of haters who fundamentally misunderstand what it is for millennials to take selfies. While photos such as the ones taken over the weekend probably aren't the best idea, the outrage over selfies is ultimately misplaced. And considering Faulkner clearly enjoys a bit of selfie-taking herself, this is particularly annoying.

As we've argued before, anyone worried a mere selfie is destroying our youth should really just chill and take a moment to consider Rembrandt.

http://www.motherjones.com/mixed-media/2015/03/fox-news-host-blames-obama-destroying-gold-standard-society-selfie-stick

PostPosted: 03/30/15 7:10 pm • # 2 
Administrator

"Not blaming Obama. Just saying..."
Sure.

I think the title above should be changed from "This is the dumbest thing Fox News...."
to "The usual dumb thing Fox News...".

PostPosted: 03/30/15 7:23 pm • # 3 
Administrator

jabra2 wrote:
"Not blaming Obama. Just saying..."
Sure.

I think the title above should be changed from "This is the dumbest thing Fox News...."
to "The usual dumb thing Fox News...".

Maybe so, Jab ~ but here's more information on this exchange that definitely puts it in the running for "dumbest" ~ Auschwitz? ~ really? ~ :g ~ Sooz

Thanks, Obama: Fox host blames president for teen taking inappropriate selfie at Auschwitz
David Edwards / 30 Mar 2015 at 14:18 ET

Fox News host Harris Faulkner suggested on Monday that President Barack Obama had spurred the recent trend of people taking inappropriate photographs of themselves at Auschwitz and sites of other tragedies.

Over the weekend, The New York Post blasted “self-absorbed jerks” who had posted “selfies” of themselves in front of the site of an explosion in East Village.

By Monday, Fox News had found a way to link the distasteful photographs to the president.

“When the president does it, you’ve got a whole new generation now,” Faulkner opined. “I’m not just picking on the older adults and protecting the little kids.”

“But you’ve got a bar that’s moving now,” she explained. “That gold standard isn’t what it used to be. You’ve got on a weekend, we’re talking Islamic state, we’re talking all sorts of things, and you’ve got a president with a selfie stick that’s as tall as I am taking pictures of himself, ‘Can’t get my hand in the cookie jar!’ Like, I’m not making this up.”

“But that’s different than a selfie in front of a burning building,” Fox News senior White House correspondent Ed Henry noted.

“I’m not blaming President Obama,” Faulkner insisted. “I’m just saying that it’s not happening in a vacuum. You have people in positions of authority doing all sorts of silly stuff. What about Nelson Mandela’s funeral? Selfie with the president!”

According to Fox News host Andrea Tantaros, the “self-celebration generation” was to blame.

“Everything is important,” she remarked. “So if everything is important then nothing is important. Right?”

“As Harris points out, the bar has been moved, and let me tell you something, we’re tripping over it,” Tantaros added.

“People should be smart enough to realize you don’t take a selfie at Auschwitz,” Henry agreed. “Why do we even have to tell someone that?”

Faulkner did not explain how President Obama’s use of a “selfie stick” in a video to promote the Affordable Care Act in February influenced a teen who had taken the smiling selfie at Auschwitz six months earlier.

Watch the video below from Fox News’ Outnumbered, broadcast March 30, 2015. [Same video as in op]

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/thanks-obama-fox-host-blames-president-for-teen-taking-inappropriate-selfie-at-auschwitz/

PostPosted: 03/30/15 7:49 pm • # 4 
Administrator

I'm sure Fox could make the case that Obama and Schickelgruber have some identical DNA and therefore a common ancestry.
Maybe on their next anti-Obama science session.

PostPosted: 03/30/15 9:20 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

is it just me, or is anyone else here sick and tired of the FOX News regulation "lady's uniform" (ie, skin tight skirt that shows at least 12" above the knee, unpatterend stockings, heels, and straight hair no shorter than shoulder length?

PostPosted: 03/31/15 6:49 am • # 6 
Editorialist

macroscopic wrote:
is it just me, or is anyone else here sick and tired of the FOX News regulation "lady's uniform" (ie, skin tight skirt that shows at least 12" above the knee, unpatterend stockings, heels, and straight hair no shorter than shoulder length?

Stepford Barbie.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply