It is currently 05/18/24 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next   Page 9 of 12   [ 279 posts ]
 Post subject: Re: Bruce says ...
PostPosted: 04/01/17 12:20 pm • # 201 
Administrator

grampatom wrote:
Good

That was rhetorical.

PostPosted: 04/01/17 6:55 pm • # 202 
Administrator

4.) Re-run of The Apprentice started right this moment.

PostPosted: 04/11/17 8:30 am • # 203 
Administrator

Righteous anger from one of my all-time favorite muses ~ :st ~ Sooz

Bruce Lindner wrote:
Bruce Lindner
25 mins ·

We lefties often forget that righties aren't the only ones who sometimes live in bubbles. We have several models to choose from:

1) Protective,

2) Moonbat-Filtration,

3) Impenetrable.

I have an acquaintance (an actual in the flesh human being) who was so jazzed when Barack Obama got elected in 2008, she flew to Washington to witness the inauguration. Eight years later, she can't say a nice thing about him because "Obama turned out to be just another conservative." She gets her information EXCLUSIVELY from far left websites. When I suggest to her that she might consider broadening her horizons by listening to the BBC or NPR, she rejects that outright. In her opinion, any source of news that's funded by a corporate parent company or accepts advertising, cannot be trusted. To her, the only difference between NPR and Fox News is whose pocket the advertising revenue goes in. I wouldn't call her a conspiracy theorist, but she's on the cusp. And the sad thing is, she's absolutely convinced she's right and everyone else has been duped. Any suggestion that she's walled herself in is met with a chuckle... "Bruce, if anyone's walled himself in, it's you." She lives in one of the Model 3 bubbles. She's no more reachable than someone who listens to Alex Jones 24/7.

I still to this day see friends on Facebook blaming Bernie supporters and Hillary supporters for the loss of the election -- which makes me grind my teeth. If we're going to apply an absolute purity test to our candidates, then we'd better find someone who can walk on water in 2020, because I can find something about ANYONE that would disqualify them (except for Zoe Saldana... let's not be dissing my Zoe).

There's a saying attributed to Voltaire that says; "Don't let the perfect become the enemy of the good." If it were up to me, I'd modify that; "Don't let imperfections empower evil." Because that's what the demand for ideological purity does, every damned time. Say what you will about the Republicans, but once they've reached their goals, they generally bury the hatchet. One day Donald Trump is calling Rick Perry "dumb," the next day Perry's sitting in Trump's cabinet. Mitt Romney called Trump just about every name in the Big Mormon Book of Approved Harsh Words, three months later they're sharing a lunch of frog's legs and caviar.

When the internecine bickering begins, I put down my iPad and go listen to music. I've had it up to my cloaca with it. IMHO, these folks are living in their own self-destructive bubbles. They're welcome to do so, but I'll have no part of it. To those who persist, I have a question for you: Don't you feel a little silly about it right now? Are you paying attention to what's going on? Stop and smell the napalm. If this were an any less modern society, we'd be on the verge of a civil war.

The Republican Party just flat-out STOLE a seat on the Supreme Court. They got caught red-handed trying to corrupt a government investigation into what may turn into the biggest scandal of all time: The very real possibility of an election rigged by a foreign power. They've pulled the plug on legislation signed by that "conservative" Barack Obama that might have protected us from ourselves... from the threat of Climate Change. And you're worried about something Bernie Sanders said to Wolf Blitzer last summer?

Get a life.

PostPosted: 04/11/17 10:09 am • # 204 
Administrator

What Mr. Lindner (and many, if not most Americans) sees when looking at the Democrats is "progressives" while many of us outside the US see them as small "c" conservatives, not progressives.

PostPosted: 04/23/17 10:06 am • # 205 
Administrator

Bruce snaps this into perspective ~ we know the DiC is thin-skinned and vindictive ~ but now his insecurity with himself is going public ~ :g ~ Sooz

Bruce Lindner wrote:
Bruce Lindner
2 hrs · Saint Helens, OR

So not only is Trump NOT going to attend the White House Correspondents Dinner next week, but he's going to hold a rally in Pennsylvania on the same day, at the same time as the annual event in Washington. Stop and consider the machinations that probably went on in his mind that led to this:

"If I go to the dinner, I'll be powerless to shout down the fake media when they roast me. I'll be at the mercy of Mexican, Muslim, black and women comedians, who've all conspired against my greatness. I won't be in control! Image and the worst part? Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly won't be there to defend me. Screw that, I'm not going! In fact, I think I'll host another YUUUUGE rally somewhere where I know I'm admired. But where? Image Oh, I know! Image The liberals in the fake media predicted I'd never win Pennsylvania, but thanks to Vladi... I mean thanks to my greatness, I did. I'll hold it there. Then I'll tweet to all my followers that the people who love America can watch my rally on Fox, while the LOSERS can watch that liberal sideshow on that commie network, CNN. Yeah, that's what I'll do. I'll show them who's numéro uno!"

How ironic is it that the one person in American history who's done more to undermine the greatness of this nation, has adopted the slogan "Make America Great Again?" Greatness doesn't run away from the one night of the year when the Fourth Estate and the Chief Executive set politics aside to toast one another. Being "great" means you're above petty jealousies and insecurity. To the contrary Donald, the GREAT presidents are the ones with the self-confidence to go to the banquet, let the comedians take their shots, you'd then be free to take a few at them, everyone would laugh, and go home for the night with a little more respect for each other than when they arrived. The last time a sitting president skipped out on the WHCD was 36 years ago; Ronald Reagan. But he had a pretty good alibi—he was recovering from a bullet in his lung. And even at that, he phoned it in.

It takes a certain caliber of person who can't take a little barbing at his/her expense. But only an outright COWARD would use the power of the presidency to try to undermine an event that everyone in Washington D.C. and nation-wide looks forward to. Everyone except for that coward himself.

Trump Will Hold Rally Instead of Attending White House Correspondents’ Dinner
by Phil McCausland
nbcnews.com | by NBC News

PostPosted: 04/26/17 2:17 pm • # 206 
Administrator

LOVE Bruce's mind ~ :st ~ Sooz

Bruce Lindner wrote:
Bruce Lindner
7 hrs · Saint Helens, ORLOVE

Well this is awkward.

The Trump administration plans to slap a 20% tariff on softwood imports from Canada. From Canada! Why Canada? Well, everyone knows how aggressive and ruthless they are up there. Always trying to take America down with their sneaky methods for undercutting our maple syrup and Bourbon monopolies. We're on to them. And now our timber too! Who knew? This means (trade) war!

Not surprisingly, the Canucks are displeased with this surprisingly stupid development and are weighing their options. And by the way, should the U.S. follow through on imposing this tariff on Canadian lumber, try to guess who will pay the price. American new home buyers, that's who. To say nothing of our historic relationship with an ally that's always been there for us.

Image 1
Image 0

And then there's this:

Back during the Bush administration, the government filed a complaint against Mexico with the World Trade Organization. They insisted Mexico wasn't following the guidelines for tuna fishing that certified their fishing methods were "dolphin safe." Mexico insisted they were in compliance, we said they weren't, and we retaliated by putting restrictions on them... restrictions that added up to $163 million in lost income.

So just yesterday, the WTO issued the findings of their investigation: Mexico is in compliance with the required dolphin safe fishing methods. We were wrong.

Image 1
Image 0

Since Mexico lost $163,000,000.00 due to the America's penalizing them over this for nine years, they're now within their rights to reclaim that lost income through sanctions against us and other methods.

In defense of the Trump administration, this scuffle began nine years ago. But how ironic is it that Mexico, of ALL countries scores a win against the U.S. during the Trump era over a dispute over tuna? And that Trump will have to pony up $163 million to Mexico in one form or another? What's he going to do, offer Mexico a $163 million discount off the wall that he insists they have to pay for? The wall that will NEVER be built?

Pissing off our neighbors to the north and to the south. I'd say the Donald's been hitting nothing but sour notes during his first Image days. One unnecessary incident of disharmony over timber, the other over tuna. Good luck to Trump in getting us back in their good graces. Because it's not easy to tuna fish Image or get wood Image when you're 70 years old. :b

PostPosted: 04/26/17 2:57 pm • # 207 
Administrator

Christia Freeland, Foreign Affairs, remarked that while Canadians go out of their way to be polite and act civilized, it must be remembered that our national sport is hockey. (Hint: Our other national sport is lacrosse and both make the NFL look like a tea party for wimps)

PostPosted: 05/07/17 9:31 pm • # 208 
Administrator

So sayeth Bruce ~ :angel ~ FTR, I'm pleased/relieved that LePen lost ~ Sooz

Bruce Lindner wrote:
Bruce Lindner
1 hr · Saint Helens, OR

Let's see... :ey

November 2016: A Russian dictator hacks the American election by exposing dirt on the candidate challenging his preferred demagogue — and the demagogue wins.

During the first 100 days of that presidency, its revealed that he's been under a criminal investigation since last summer, he scores the lowest approval ratings, the lowest legislative accomplishments of any president in modern times, and is consumed by scandal.

May 2017: That same Russian dictator hacks France's election by exposing dirt on the candidate challenging his preferred demagogue — and the demagogue loses.

Here's my prescription for Making America Great Again:

Be more like France.

#MAGA #ViveLaFrance

PostPosted: 05/10/17 4:17 pm • # 209 
Administrator

LOVE how this man processes thoughts/ideas ~ :st ~ Sooz

Bruce Lindner wrote:
Bruce Lindner
9 hrs · Saint Helens, OR

Dear Republicans:

Last November, you took us all in an entirely new direction. You said you were tired of politicians always screwing everything up, and felt the nation would be better served by a businessman. Someone "who knows how to get things done." So you hired a celebrity Chairman of the Board over the career politician.

The thing is, when you're the boss of a business empire, you have every right to expect your orders to be carried out to the letter. That's the nature of the business environment. But by now I'm sure you've probably figured out that the United States Government isn't a business. It's three co-equal branches of human beings dedicated to very different tasks, and we didn't elect one man to run roughshod over all three. Trump may be used to his orders being obeyed in Trump Tower, but that isn't how it works in Washington. There are checks and balances in place to guard against tyranny.

If you're a Republican, what happened yesterday should be setting off klaxons inside your head. Contrary to what they're reporting on Fox News this morning, this has nothing to do with Hillary Clinton and everything to do with Russia. Five Republican Senators have thus far criticized Trump's decision to fire Comey, and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet.

I was in my twenties during Watergate. That (and the Vietnam War) was the event that got me interested in politics. What's happening today with Trump is potentially much worse than Watergate. Nixon used the power of the presidency to cover up a botched burglary, whereas Trump appears to be using the power of the presidency to cover up an act of espionage. Let that sink in. ESPIONAGE. That's spying on America by and for a hostile government. And if we are to believe the circumstantial evidence, aided by persons at the highest levels within the Trump administration.

Again -- let that sink in.

As with Watergate, this president will be frustrated to learn that this thing isn't going away. By firing Director Comey, he wrote his own epitaph. Remember that famous saying by George Santayana? “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” Donald Trump knows nothing of the past. He was 27 years old when Nixon resigned, and already immersed in his wheeling & dealing lifestyle. He's spent his entire life chasing after money. I doubt he's even heard that saying before. But Trump set the mechanisms in motion yesterday that will have a very déjà vu quality for those of us of a certain age.

I can't predict the future, but if I were a betting man, I'd lay 10:1 odds that this isn't going to end well for your team. The damage he's done to the nation, to the presidency and to your party—a mere four months in—has only begun.

So I'm asking you as Americans, as patriots, as the standard bearers of the Party of Lincoln, to stand with us in resisting this man's corruption and madness. You'll still hold power under President Pence and you'll still hold Congress. But please admit what the whole world already knows: That you've made a terrible mistake by electing this man and the longer he remains in power, the worse it'll be for the country... and for the Republican Party. If in fact Trump were to get away with firing those empowered to expose the truth, it would be the end of Democracy as we know it.

And lastly, I call upon the Intelligence Community to remember that they swore an oath to the Constitution, NOT the Chief Executive. You have it within your power to engineer this man's exit. No, I'm not calling for violence. (That's so 1960s.) But I AM calling upon you to look inside that bag of tricks you've used so many times before in far-flung places. No blood. No tanks in the streets. Nobody gets hurt. Just an exposé of otherwise classified material that would persuade this madman to seek out other interests. I'll leave it at that.

Illegal? Sure. So is espionage. But someone has to take a stand, and We the People are powerless. You on the other hand, are not.

It's time.

PostPosted: 05/15/17 8:53 am • # 210 
Administrator

It's no secret that I love Bruce's mind ... INcluding his quirky sense of humor ~ :b ~ Sooz

Bruce Lindner wrote:
Bruce Lindner
15 :rolleyes mins

God, I love this town. The Paydirt Bar up at 28th and Sandy Blvd is getting national attention for this. I wonder how well this would go over 400 miles east of here in Idaho? :rolleyes

PostPosted: 05/26/17 4:01 pm • # 211 
Administrator

For me, this is an especially powerful "stream of consciousness" from Bruce ~ :st ~ Sooz

Bruce Lindner wrote:
Bruce Lindner
8 hrs · Saint Helens, OR

This is the crowd that turned out to see our president in Germany yesterday. No, not the current president. The previous one. What do you suppose the rest of the world sees in Barack Obama that Republicans can't? Maybe it's this:

The current president is on the final leg of his first international trip, where he's not exactly making new friends. Sure, Bibi and the Saudis liked him, but that's a given. They're bound by the same "Iran is evil" rhetoric while downplaying human rights violations at home.

During the Obama years, we never had to worry about him doing anything like this:

• At the Vatican a few days ago, the Pope... yes, the POPE gave Trump a copy of his encyclical, and he asked him to please pay special attention to the part about the science of Climate Change. Again, a religious leader had to school our elected leader on the dangers that await mankind, NOT from the rapture, or Satan, or sin... but from ourselves—based on the consensus of 97% of climate scientists.

• According to Der Spiegel, during a closed meeting with the leaders of NATO, Trump went off script and singled out Germany: "The Germans are bad, very bad. Look at the millions of cars they're selling in the U.S. We will stop that." Separately, Trump also said; "I would tell them, don't waste their time and money unless they want to sell to other countries. But I would tell BMW if they think they're gonna build a plant in Mexico and sell cars into the U.S. without a 35% tax, it's not gonna happen."

• When Trump met with Merkel one on one, he tried to get her to commit to a stand-alone US/German trade deal, circumventing the very purpose of the European Union. Again, according to German sources: “Ten times Trump asked Merkel if he could negotiate a trade deal with Germany. Every time she replied, ‘You can’t do a trade deal with Germany, only the EU,’” the official said. “On the eleventh refusal, Trump finally got the message, ‘Oh, we’ll do a deal with Europe then.’”

• Next, Trump gave a terrible speech where he lectured the assembled leaders of NATO for not paying their bills (all the more ironic, coming from a man who shafted literally hundreds of small businesses and contractors over the years). And of course, there was the disgraceful way Trump shoved aside the newest NATO member, Prime Minister Duško Marković of Montenegro.

Meanwhile, back home, Tom Brokaw is asking for what will probably be the final curtain call for the Greatest Generation... the men and women who shipped off to fight the Nazis 75 years ago. For those who don't appreciate history, let me spell it out for you:

Our parents and grandparents sacrificed everything to ship off to Europe to defeat Fascist Germany.

This week, We the People sent a Fascist over to Europe, who while there, lectured the children and grandchildren of those Germans on the advantages of protectionism and nationalism.

You can't make it up!

And he's not done yet. Trump is meeting right now with the leaders of the G7 in Taormina. One can only speculate on how he might embarrass us there.

If I live to be a hundred years old, I will NEVER forgive the Republicans for inflicting this pestilence upon us. Is it any wonder that Barack Obama would be treated like a returning hero?

America will either learn from our mistake or we won't. But if we don't, then we'll follow in the footsteps of every other failed World Power. It's not possible to predict with any certainty where we're headed, but we're in the glide path right now for what just might be a global ecological catastrophe. Oh, what I'd give to have Barack Obama back in the White House. Or even the Pope.

PostPosted: 05/26/17 4:19 pm • # 212 
Quote:
According to Der Spiegel, during a closed meeting with the leaders of NATO, Trump went off script and singled out Germany: "The Germans are bad, very bad. Look at the millions of cars they're selling in the U.S. We will stop that." Separately, Trump also said; "I would tell them, don't waste their time and money unless they want to sell to other countries. But I would tell BMW if they think they're gonna build a plant in Mexico and sell cars into the U.S. without a 35% tax, it's not gonna happen."

America will eventually find itself without allies at a time in their history when they will need them the most. You may get lucky. It may well turn out that the only person in the world who has no friends will be Trump. But with all the shifts and slipping away of many social and political constructs around the world, it'll take decades for America to rebuild what it had prior to 2016.

PostPosted: 05/26/17 4:26 pm • # 213 
Administrator

If another 9/11 occurred I have to wonder at the level of support from the rest of the world. I'd wager it would very subdued compared to the first time.

PostPosted: 05/26/17 4:31 pm • # 214 
All those planes would still land at Gander and the passengers would be greeted with open arms, because that's just who we are as Canadians - but - I doubt there would be much stomach for sending in the troops like we did in Afghanistan.

PostPosted: 05/26/17 5:29 pm • # 215 
Administrator

Sidartha wrote:
All those planes would still land at Gander and the passengers would be greeted with open arms, because that's just who we are as Canadians - but - I doubt there would be much stomach for sending in the troops like we did in Afghanistan.

The people, for sure, but DC?.. not too damn sure at all.

PostPosted: 05/28/17 9:28 am • # 216 
Administrator

Proof that truth is stranger than fiction ~ a bit of explanation: Bruce has a popular/successful coffee service ~ he strongly dislikes anything related to Starbucks, which of course encourages folks to tease him about the "competition" ~ Bruce has been known to say "St*rbucks sucks" more than once or twice ~ a mutual Facebook friend just posted this picture for Bruce ~ I confess it forced me to spit coffee at my monitor ~ :b ~ Sooz

PostPosted: 06/13/17 9:18 am • # 217 
Administrator

As much as I love/respect Bruce's words and mind, sometimes a photo says it all ~ :st ~ Sooz

Bruce Lindner wrote:
Bruce Lindner
1 hr

Ivanka Trump said yesterday that she's surprised by the "viciousness" of the media's coverage of her father. Would you prefer they only cover your daddy's kindness, Ivanka? Kindness like this?

PostPosted: 06/19/17 5:20 pm • # 218 
Administrator

Bruce spreading his "charm" ~ :b ~ Sooz

Bruce Lindner wrote:
Bruce Lindner
10 hrs

If a fairy princess were to show up at my doorstep and grant me three wishes, this is what I'd wish for:

A 1965 Aston Martin DB6 (British racing green, of course).

A case of Lagavulin Whisky bottled in 1907.

A free, unedited, gloves-off, live televised debate with this smarmy asshole.

(Okay, I lied. I'd forego the Aston Martin and request three additional wishes—then I'd ask for Donald Trump to be kidnapped by aliens and returned to Earth transformed into Rosy O'Donnell's door mat, all the guns and weapons of war on the planet turned into ginormous marshmallows, then the fairy has to turn herself into Zoe Saldana. I don't ask for much, but I'm not one to waste an opportunity. :b)

But this guy... THIS GODDAMN GUY!!! Man, what I'd give to go tête à tête with this lying, beady-eyed tool of Trump's fascism.

PostPosted: 07/06/17 3:24 pm • # 219 
Administrator

From the wondrous mind of my pal Bruce ~ :st ~ Sooz

Bruce Lindner wrote:
Bruce Lindner
1 hr · Saint Helens, OR ·

"I think it very well could be Russia but I think it could very well have been other countries. I think a lot of people interfere. I think it was Russia but I think it was probably other people and or countries. I see nothing wrong with that statement. Nobody really knows. Nobody really knows for sure."

~ Donald Trump in Warsaw, today, July 6th 2017

List of countries specifically named by the FBI, NSA, CIA and 14 other intelligence services as having interfered with the 2016 election:

- Russia

List of countries NOT specifically named by the FBI, NSA, CIA and 14 other intelligence services as having interfered with the 2016 election:

- Afghanistan
- Albania
- Algeria
- American Samoa
- Andorra
- Angola
- Anguilla
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Argentina
- Armenia
- Australia
- Austria
- Azerbajan
- Bahamas
- Bahrain
- Bangladesh
- Barbados
- Belarus
- Belgium
- Belize
- Benin
- Bermuda
- Bhutan
- Bolivia
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Botswana
- Brazil
- Brunei Darussalam
- Bulgaria
- Burkina Faso
- Burundi
- Cambodia
- Cameroon
- Canada
- Chile
- China
- Colombia
- Costa Rica
- Cuba
- Cyprus
- Czech Republic
- Democratic Republic Congo
- Denmark
- Djibouti
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- Ecuador
- Egypt
- El Salvador
- England
- Eritrea
- Estonia
- Ethiopia
- Faroe Islands
- Fiji
- Finland
- France
- French Polynesia
- Gambia
- Georgia
- Germany
- Gabon
- Ghana
- Greece
- Greenland
- Grenada
- Gouadeloupe
- Guam
- Guatemala
- Guernsey
- Guyana
- Guyane
- Haiti
- Honduras
- Hong Kong
- Hrvatska (Croatia)
- Hungary
- Iceland
- India
- Indonesia
- Iran
- Iraq
- Ireland
- Israel
- Italy
- Jamaica
- Japan
- Jordan
- Kazakhstan
- Kenya
- Korea Republic
- Kosovo
- Kurdistan
- Kuwait
- Kyrgyzstan
- Laos
- Latvia
- Lebanon
- Lesotho
- Liberia
- Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
- Liechtenstein
- Lithuania
- Luxembourg
- Macau
- Macedonia
- Malawi
- Malaysia
- Mali
- Malta
- Marshall Islands
- Mauritania
- Martinique
- Mauritius
- Mexico
- Micronesia
- Moldova
- Monaco
- Mongolia
- Morocco
- Mozambique
- Namibia
- Nepal
- Netherlands
- Netherlands Antilles
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Nicaragua
- Nigeria
- Niue
- Norfolk Island
- Northern Ireland
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Norway
- Oman
- Pakistan
- Palau
- Palestina
- Panama
- Papua New Guinea
- Paraguay
- Peru
- Philippines
- Portugal
- Puerto Rico
- Qatar
- Reunion
- Romania
- Rwanda
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Samoa (American Samoa)
- Samoa (Western Samoa)
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- Scotland
- Senegal
- Seychelles
- Sierra Leone
- Singapore
- Slovakia
- Slovenia
- Solomon Islands
- Somalia
- Somaliland
- South Africa
- Spain
- Sri Lanka
- Sudan
- Suriname
- Svalbard and Jan Mayen
- Swaziland
- Sweden
- Switzerland
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Taiwan
- Tanzania
- Thailand
- Tibet
- Togo
- Tonga
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Tunisia
- Turkey
- Turkmenistan
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- Uganda
- Ukraine
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- Uruguay
- Uzbekistan
- Vatican City State
- Venezuela
- Viet Nam
- Virgin Islands (British)
- Virgin Islands (U.S.)
- Wales
- Yemen
- Yugoslavia
- Zambia
- Zimbabwe

But you know...? I don't like the way Niue and Hrvatska have been so silent lately. Maybe it was them! :angry

PostPosted: 07/08/17 9:20 am • # 220 
Administrator

There is no question in my own mind that the DiC's "accomplishments" so far have been focused on dismantling Obama's legacy ~ :ey ~ Sooz

Bruce Lindner wrote:
Bruce Lindner
2 hrs

And there you have it folks, in the fine print at the bottom; "Trump's efforts to dismantle Obama's legacy." An admission by none other than Lou Dobbs himself, that Trump's goal is overcompensation for Mitch McConnell's failure to keep his promise of making Barack Obama a one term president. Thanks for this rare moment of clarity Lou. It has less to do with policy, and everything to do with the continued hatred of Obama.

To an extent, the GOP can, and has been successful in dismantling Obama's legacy. And I have no doubt that they'll keep chipping away at it. But here's what they can't dismantle:

• The arrest and reversal of the Republican Great Recession of 2008.

• Unemployment rate cut in half.

• The stock market tripled.

• The deficit cut by 68%.

• The longest streak of job growth in history.

• 13 million jobs created.

• 1.5 million jobs saved in the car industry alone.

• The lowest uninsured rate ever.

• Osama bin Laden sleeps with the fishes.

• Torture outlawed once again.

• Exports up by one-third.

• Restored RESPECT for America (now dissipating like a fart in a hurricane).

• Iran's nuclear program being monitored.

• Lily Ledbetter Act now the law of the land.

So go ahead and boast about how you're dismantling ObamaCare, the clean air and water act, a woman's constitutional right to choose their own healthcare. Go ahead and try to claim credit for the economic prosperity and growth we're presently enjoying. And go ahead and merge your party with the NRA, the neo-fascist Breitbart and Fox News. But there are some things that can't be dismantled, because the American people won't allow it. Not even those who voted for Trump.

Namely, this: All of the above are carved in granite as the Obama legacy. Sure, you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time (and Fox News viewers EVERY time). But history has a funny way of sorting out the raisins from the rabbit droppings. And long after Lou Dobbs, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Donald Trump are dead and buried, history will still record that it was Barack Hussein Obama who did all that. And that the only recourse his political opponents had was to try to dismantle it — by their own words — and steal credit for his many, many accomplishments.

Is it any wonder that Obama was voted most admired person in the world 9 years in a row? And that Donald J. Trump is the least admired president this soon into his administration EVER?

In closing, please kiss my ass Lou Dobbs. :k

PostPosted: 07/08/17 9:57 am • # 221 
Editorialist

Is it any wonder that Obama was voted most admired person in the world 9 years in a row? And that Donald J. Trump is the least admired president this soon into his administration EVER?

There is one person who is happy about Grabem's performance. Baby Bush! No longer is he at the top of the most incompetent list.

PostPosted: 07/21/17 5:55 am • # 222 
Administrator

Bruce's words/thoughts resonate deeply with me ~ Sooz

Bruce Lindner wrote:
Bruce Lindner
22 hrs · Milwaukie, OR ·

When I look at the damage Trump has already done, both to this Republic and on the world stage, and when I hear his idiotic statements and how obvious it is to anyone with two firing synapses that this man is in bed with Russian power and oligarchy, I can't decide which Donald Trump repulses me the most; the greedy, vindictive CEO or the spoiled rotten, narcissistic lump of flesh whose main goal as president is to erase the legacy of his predecessor—because he once mopped the floor with Trump's carcass at a White House Correspondent's Dinner. And don't kid yourself into believing Trump brushed that off. It tears at him to this day.

I read the New York Times piece on Trump's remarks about Jeff Sessions, Jim Comey, etc., and it boggles my mind how transparent, and well... how obtuse this man is. He's pissed off at Sessions for recusing himself from the Russia scandal, because he no longer has Sessions as a bulwark between himself and the wheels of justice. And he's just STUPID enough to say it outright:

"Jeff Sessions takes the job, gets into the job, recuses himself. I then have ― which, frankly, I think is very unfair to the president. How do you take a job and then recuse yourself? If he would have recused himself before the job, I would have said, ‘Thanks, Jeff, but I can’t, you know, I’m not going to take you.’ It’s extremely unfair, and that’s a mild word, to the president.” ~ Donald Trump

Hello? As Attorney General, the highest law enforcement officer in the land, Session's first obligation is to uphold the LAW, not your disintegrating presidency. Sessions has already bent it into a pretzel, but in this occasion where his recusal threatens to expose Trump's corruption, Trump openly accuses him of disloyalty! You can't make it up.

Like you, I'm still amazed at where America stands today. It's as if we went to sleep in Oz six months ago today and woke up in a hybrid Tom Clancy/H.G. Wells novel. The Morlocks of the GOP have commandeered our Democracy, in a digitally engineered coup launched by an ex-Colonel of the KGB. And together, they've managed to install the most flawed man imaginable in the People's House. It's positively surreal.

I read the conservative blogs every morning over my coffee. The Fox News chat boards are probably the closest to the "mainstream" as any of them. That, and Tucker Carlson's Daily Caller. But even in those two examples, you'll notice a marked difference in dialogue *style* from even here on Facebook, as well as substance. There's very little "intelligence" in the comments. They read like they're written by middle school kids. And the racism and bigotry is simply unbelievable. The moderators are careful not to allow the N word or similar epithets, but they have no problem with one guy whose avatar is a photoshopped image of Barack Obama with exaggerated lips. Or a woman whose avatar is Michelle Obama's head on a gorilla's body. No, that's not racist, right? And the moderators don't lift a finger to delete anti-Islamic comments. It's open season on Muslims in the era of Trump, after all.

These are the people, 85% of whom, approve of the job Donald Trump is doing. When he targeted Muslims, Mexicans, women, etc. during the campaign, those of us left of center were horrified. And we WRONGLY assumed mainstream America would be too. But man, were we wrong. To those who voted for him, they were either indifferent to Trump's message of hate, or it was music to their ears. In my opinion, based on what I read online and what I see in the polling data, for the vast majority of them, it's the latter.

On my Facebook Timeline, my cover picture is a quote by the Sage of Baltimore, H. L. Mencken. It reads:

"As Democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." ~ A Carnival of Buncombe, 1956

Folks, we've arrived. The collective IQ of this nation dropped 10 points last year and another 20 points on Inauguration Day. The "plain folks of the land" have one of their own in office, at long last. Compliments of a Soviet era spy and a complicit GOP. I'm still confident that we'll survive our detour through Buncombe, but I'm less so that we'll ever return to the America we were before January 20th, 2017.

PostPosted: 07/21/17 7:41 am • # 223 
"Folks, we've arrived. The collective IQ of this nation dropped 10 points last year and another 20 points on Inauguration Day. The "plain folks of the land" have one of their own in office, at long last. Compliments of a Soviet era spy and a complicit GOP. I'm still confident that we'll survive our detour through Buncombe, but I'm less so that we'll ever return to the America we were before January 20th, 2017."

Welcome to the Canadian experience with the aftermath of a neo-fascist government. We won't get back the Canada we had - BUT - that doesn't mean we can't build our nation into something greater. Welcome Prime Minister Trudeau.

PostPosted: 07/25/17 6:55 am • # 224 
Administrator

Sometimes/often, it feels like Bruce has invaded my own mind and given my jumbled thoughts context and perspective ~ this is one of those times ~ :st ~ Sooz

Bruce Lindner wrote:
Bruce Lindner
Yesterday at 5:44am · Milwaukie, OR ·

When synapses misfire: His assertions that 1) he can pardon himself, 2) that the Intelligence Community has conspired with the media against him, 3) that the Russia story is "FAKE NEWS," and 4), that the White House insiders who are leaking his descent into a Hieronymus Bosch nightmare are the REAL criminals, not those within his family who have colluded with a foreign power in an effort to corrupt an election... All in one tidy, 140 character catharsis.

Query: Why would someone even mention pardoning ANYONE over what you insist is a fake story?

Have you ever tried to imagine yourself in his shoes right now? What the world looks like from behind those puffy, shifty eyes?

• Everyone who challenges my story is my enemy. (CIA, FBI, NSA, non-Moonbat media, Democrats, dogs & cats, rest of the civilized world).

• Everyone who backs me up 100% is my friend. (Hannity, Limbaugh, Dobbs, Coulter, Gingrich, Breitbart, Alt-Right, KKK, Reich-wing media, Russians, tweakers, Kid Rock, Palin, MD 20/20 guzzlers, mustelids).

• Those who support me but don't agree with everything I say *to the letter* are "disloyal," and on the path to enmity. (Jeff Sessions for recusing himself, Jeff Flake, Red State, Shep Smith, etc).

• If I throw enough money at this and just keep firing people, I can beat it. Because I'm a winner. If I wasn't, I wouldn't be here.

#TrumpMöbiusIllogicLoop

PostPosted: 07/26/17 9:59 pm • # 225 
Editorialist

sooz06 wrote:
There is no question in my own mind that the DiC's "accomplishments" so far have been focused on dismantling Obama's legacy ~ :ey ~ Sooz

Bruce Lindner wrote:
Bruce Lindner
2 hrs

And there you have it folks, in the fine print at the bottom; "Trump's efforts to dismantle Obama's legacy." An admission by none other than Lou Dobbs himself, that Trump's goal is overcompensation for Mitch McConnell's failure to keep his promise of making Barack Obama a one term president. Thanks for this rare moment of clarity Lou. It has less to do with policy, and everything to do with the continued hatred of Obama.

To an extent, the GOP can, and has been successful in dismantling Obama's legacy. And I have no doubt that they'll keep chipping away at it. But here's what they can't dismantle:

• The arrest and reversal of the Republican Great Recession of 2008.

• Unemployment rate cut in half.

• The stock market tripled.

• The deficit cut by 68%.

• The longest streak of job growth in history.

• 13 million jobs created.

• 1.5 million jobs saved in the car industry alone.

• The lowest uninsured rate ever.

• Osama bin Laden sleeps with the fishes.

• Torture outlawed once again.

• Exports up by one-third.

• Restored RESPECT for America (now dissipating like a fart in a hurricane).

• Iran's nuclear program being monitored.

• Lily Ledbetter Act now the law of the land.

So go ahead and boast about how you're dismantling ObamaCare, the clean air and water act, a woman's constitutional right to choose their own healthcare. Go ahead and try to claim credit for the economic prosperity and growth we're presently enjoying. And go ahead and merge your party with the NRA, the neo-fascist Breitbart and Fox News. But there are some things that can't be dismantled, because the American people won't allow it. Not even those who voted for Trump.

Namely, this: All of the above are carved in granite as the Obama legacy. Sure, you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time (and Fox News viewers EVERY time). But history has a funny way of sorting out the raisins from the rabbit droppings. And long after Lou Dobbs, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Donald Trump are dead and buried, history will still record that it was Barack Hussein Obama who did all that. And that the only recourse his political opponents had was to try to dismantle it — by their own words — and steal credit for his many, many accomplishments.

In closing, please kiss my ass Lou Dobbs. :k

"Dobbs is irrelevant today"

macroscopic

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next   Page 9 of 12   [ 279 posts ] New Topic Add Reply