It is currently 06/26/24 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 46 posts ]
PostPosted: 07/07/16 4:38 pm • # 1 
Administrator

Philando Castile in a Twin Cities [Minnesota] suburb and Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge [Louisiana] ~ :tearhair ~ I'm sorting through articles now and will have more to post soon ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/07/16 5:44 pm • # 2 
It is aggravating, isn't it?

PostPosted: 07/07/16 9:33 pm • # 3 
According to MSNBC right now, 10 officers have been shot - 3 are dead - they were shot by two snipers.

PostPosted: 07/07/16 10:17 pm • # 4 
Administrator

Reckon the civil war is on?

PostPosted: 07/08/16 12:36 am • # 5 
Editorialist

I just made a little bet with myself about the reaction ...

PostPosted: 07/08/16 6:13 am • # 6 
Editorialist

The total is 5 officers dead, several injured. It appears to be an ambush with snipers.
I honestly don't know what to say about any of this. :(

PostPosted: 07/08/16 6:20 am • # 7 
Administrator

War between white cops and black men.

PostPosted: 07/08/16 6:52 am • # 8 
Editorialist

police chief says lone shooter so no doesnt sound like this is the beginning of a civil war. More like a continuation of the of killing of black men by cops and a psycho sniper

PostPosted: 07/08/16 7:01 am • # 9 
Administrator

The protest where the cops were shot was in Dallas ~ there were enormous protests in the streets in most big US cities yesterday ... including in Chicago ~ more protests are planned for this weekend ~

I still need to read thru the commentaries I've "saved to read/maybe post later" but I'm getting too upset reading each of them ~ the one thing that stands out starkly for me is that neither man did anything to provoke the police into shooting ~ even Mark Dayton, governor of Minnesota, publicly said the shooting there would not have happened to a white man ~ :tearhair

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/08/16 7:03 am • # 10 
Multiple suspects - one dead - several others being sought.

5 officers dead - several others wounded.

Is is a civil war? Well... civilians are openly fighting their authorities, so you decide.

PostPosted: 07/08/16 7:37 am • # 11 
Administrator

Most of the [alleged] updates I'm reading contradict each other and it will take time to sort thru and get to the truth ~

What I do know is that too many police seem to be employing 2 different standards of "law" and "justice" ~ one for blacks and the other for whites ~ :g

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/08/16 7:40 am • # 12 
Editorialist

Well, it didn't even take as long as I expected:

Apparently only black lives are suppose to matter at least to blacks. This is a what liberals want to happen.

JoeBanker

PostPosted: 07/08/16 8:01 am • # 13 
Administrator

Cattleman wrote:
Well, it didn't even take as long as I expected:

Apparently only black lives are suppose to matter at least to blacks. This is a what liberals want to happen.

JoeBanker

Deeply disgusting, but then consider the source ~ :s

I still believe JoeBanker is someone we all knew by a different nic ~ he's just spewing to raise hackles, just like someone else over there ~ :ey

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/08/16 8:52 am • # 14 
Editorialist

what he doesnt understand is that officers lives have always mattered. Not so for Black lives

PostPosted: 07/08/16 9:10 am • # 15 
Editorialist

I found it necessary to write the following on another site;

Racism: When the bad actions of one black person is seen as representing all black people.

PostPosted: 07/08/16 9:35 am • # 16 
Administrator

blueeyedpupil wrote:
what he doesnt understand is that officers lives have always mattered. Not so for Black lives

That's a primo example of "white privilege" [common to all racists], BEP ~ he, and all other racists, choose to not understand ~ blacks don't register on their "give a damn scale" ~ :g

I've posted this story a long time ago ~ some years ago, I was working with [if memory serves, a 2d grade] girl at school ~ we were taking a break from reading and just chatting ~ both of us had our hands on the table ~ she put her hand on top of mine and asked "what do you see?" ~ I answered "two hands" ~ we push kidlets to keep asking questions, so she asked "what else do you see?" ~ I answered "your hand is a little darker than mine" ~ she started to tear up and said "yeah, I'm black and you're white" ~ so I went on by saying something along the lines of "there are some things we can't change, but what really matters is what's in here" [putting my hand on my heart] ~ her tears turned into a big grin ~ and then she threw her arms around my neck and said "I love you, Ms Sooz" ~ I said "I love you, too" ... and we went back to reading ~ that exchange was both heartbreaking and extremely meaningful/endearing ~

Sooz

Edited to add: what the racists refuse to recognize is that blacks [and all others who don't share "white privilege"] are human, just like us ~ they want the same things in life that we want ... they just get less opportunity to achieve their wants because of the stunted mindsets of people like JoeBanker ~

PostPosted: 07/08/16 9:48 am • # 17 
Administrator

John59 wrote:

Racism: When the bad actions of one black person is seen as representing all black people.

It's a sad commentary on some mindsets that we need to keep reminding "some" of that, John ~ :g

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/08/16 9:57 am • # 18 
Editorialist

sooz06 wrote:
John59 wrote:

It's a sad commentary on some mindsets that we need to keep reminding "some" of that, John ~ :g

Sooz

Indeed it is, Sooz. Some things never change.

PostPosted: 07/08/16 10:00 am • # 19 
Administrator

The more I read and think about this current spate of cops killing blacks/blacks killing cops, the sadder and angrier I get ~ where do we even being to heal the 3 distinctly disparate things in play: the "rogue cop" [or sometimes "scared cop"] mentality, the easy access to guns [of all kinds], and the mind-bending influence of "revenge"? ~ :g

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/08/16 10:14 am • # 20 
Administrator

Don't forget the legal system (as opposed to justice system) that allows this to continue.

PostPosted: 07/08/16 10:19 am • # 21 
Administrator

Pat Costa, a very wise and astute Facebook friend, just posted this, which sums it up neatly:

Quote:
Black lives matter. White lives matter. Blue lives matter. All lives matter. There is no argument here; all of those statements are true. Moreover, the corollary is also true, that black lives don't matter less. Keep that in mind. Life is sacrosanct and society is diminished when one subset of society is repeatedly persecuted. Think about that. All lives matter but black lives don't matter less.

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/08/16 10:26 am • # 22 
Administrator

Another Facebook friend just posted this ~ it too fits neatly here ~ Sooz

PostPosted: 07/08/16 10:43 am • # 23 
:g

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/08/politics/joe-walsh-obama-war-tweet/index.html

PostPosted: 07/08/16 11:04 am • # 24 
Administrator

Sidartha wrote:

I saw that. He's one sick S.O.B.

PostPosted: 07/08/16 4:20 pm • # 25 
Editorialist

And guess who came out pointing the finger at "Black Lives Matter".

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 46 posts ] New Topic Add Reply