It is currently 04/28/24 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3   Page 3 of 3   [ 60 posts ]
PostPosted: 09/22/22 4:07 pm • # 51 
Editorialist

He's completely off the deep end - needs a serious psych eval and should be sectioned.

Alex Jones trial goes off the rails after he claims the "deep state" is behind Sandy Hook lawsuit
The InfoWars host used his court testimony to push new conspiracy theory

DAVID EDWARDS

onspiracy theorist Alex Jones testified to a court on Thursday that he believes the "deep state" is behind a defamation lawsuit over the Sandy Hook shooting.

After taking the stand for the first time in Connecticut, Jones was asked about claims made on his website that the FBI orchestrated a lawsuit brought by an agent who responded to the Sandy Hook shooting.

Attorney Chris Mattei quoted from Jones' website: "FBI sues Alex Jones to destroy First Amendment."

"You know the FBI hasn't sued you?" Mattei asked.

"I mean, I think that's a point of view," Jones replied. "I actually agree with that."

"Oh, you agree?" Mattei pressed. "The FBI is a plaintiff in this case that sued you here?"

"He's an FBI agent and he's up here in his capacity," Jones argued.

"I asked you if it's your testimony that the FBI is suing you in this case," the attorney said. "Is that your testimony?"

"I mean, I think this is a deep state situation," Jones insisted.

Although FBI agent Bill Aldenberg is also ...

https://www.salon.com/2022/09/22/alex-j ... k_partner/

PostPosted: 09/22/22 4:38 pm • # 52 
Administrator

"deep state or "deranged state"?

PostPosted: 09/22/22 4:43 pm • # 53 
Editorialist

deranged

PostPosted: 09/29/22 10:22 am • # 54 
Editorialist

Sandy Hook Parent Confronts Years of Abuse Tied to Alex Jones
Robbie Parker, who was a focus of years of attacks by Mr. Jones, is testifying about the consequences he and his family faced after the Infowars host’s lies.

Elizabeth Williamson

Here’s what to know about the Alex Jones damages trial.
WATERBURY, Conn. — Robbie Parker finished his testimony on Thursday by telling the jury in the Alex Jones damages trial about the years of online abuse, death threats and personal confrontations that resulted from Infowars broadcasts by Mr. Jones.

In the broadcasts, Mr. Jones replayed a news conference that Mr. Parker gave the night after his daughter Emilie’s murder at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012 and ...

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/09/29 ... hook-trial

FYI - there are a couple of times when you have to click on "show more" buttons

PostPosted: 10/07/22 8:45 am • # 55 
Editorialist

Alex Jones declines to put on a defense in defamation trial
By DAVE COLLINS and PAT EATON-ROBB

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones decided not present any defense Wednesday at his defamation trial in Connecticut and was back in Texas in advance of closing arguments over how much he should pay for promoting the lie that the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting was a hoax.

The jury of three men and three women is being asked to decide how much Jones should give the families of eight victims and an FBI agent who all testified they have spent almost a decade being targets of harassment by those who believe the shooting didn’t happen and that they are “crisis actors.”

Jones, who outside the courthouse insisted that he has never been linked to the direct harassment or threats against the families, was found liable by default last year for defaming them and intentionally inflicting emotional distress. The judge ruled that he had repeatedly violated court orders to ...

https://apnews.com/article/alex-jones-d ... 90dd33e843

I'll defer to the lawyers on this but does failing to offer a defense mean that he won't be able to appeal the verdict?

PostPosted: 10/13/22 3:28 am • # 56 
Editorialist

Alex Jones Must Pay $965 Million In Damages To Sandy Hook Victims' Families
Daniel Mitchell-Benoit

Alex Jones has become infamous across the internet for not only his extremely far-right views, but for his whole-hearted belief in unfounded conspiracy theories that have brought nothing but heartache and grief to those he's affected.

Now, he'll have to pay for that behavior, quite literally. The verdict of a defamation trial has him paying $965 million to families of the victims of the Sandy Hook school shooting, which he claimed never happened.

Alex Jones must pay almost $1 billion in damages to ...

https://crafty.diply.com/10015706/alex- ... ook-victim

note there is actually a sequence of articles at that link - just keep reading down

PostPosted: 10/14/22 5:39 am • # 57 
Editorialist

Quote:
Calling Alex Jones his “own worst enemy,” legal experts said Wednesday’s stunning $1 billion decision by a Connecticut jury was a “big surprise.”

Legal experts react to Sandy Hook jury awarding families $1B in Alex Jones defamation trial

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nation ... story.html

Quote:
How much will Sandy Hook parents actually get from Alex Jones?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/how-much-w ... -1.6107773

However much they receive all that matters is that Jones ends up living in a cardboard box under a bridge.

PostPosted: 10/14/22 7:22 am • # 58 
Administrator

Quote:
However much they receive all that matters is that Jones ends up living in a cardboard box under a bridge.

He'll just find another way to con money out of dumb people.

PostPosted: 10/14/22 7:26 am • # 59 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
He'll just find another way to con money out of dumb people.

He's already begging for money to fund his defense/

PostPosted: 10/16/22 12:33 pm • # 60 
Editorialist

Daughter of Sandy Hook victim rails against Alex Jones in op-ed
"Over time, I began to connect the dots and figured out who this Alex Jones guy was," she wrote

MEAGHAN ELLIS

The daughter of the slain principal of Sandy Hook Elementary School has penned an op-ed shedding light on the impact of Alex Jones' perpetuation of conspiracy theories about the mass shooting.

In a piece published by Newsweek, Erica Lafferty, the daughter of Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, recounted how it felt when conspiracy theorists like Jones began circulating claims about the shooting being a hoax. For Lafferty and family members of other victims, the shooting was anything but a hoax.

"Jones has been in my life for nearly a decade, but not by choice. I was in my late twenties when my mother, Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, the principal of Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, was killed on December 14, 2012," Lafferty wrote.

"Within days of the shooting, I heard people online saying ....

https://www.salon.com/2022/10/16/daught ... d_partner/

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3   Page 3 of 3   [ 60 posts ] New Topic Add Reply