It is currently 04/19/24 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 20 posts ]
 Post subject: Omarosa
PostPosted: 08/03/18 7:03 am • # 1 
Administrator

Omarosa's credibility is "iffy" at best ... and she's boosting her own book on the eve of publication ~ having said that, we've all seen and commented on the DiC's obvious "mental decline" and emotional instability ~ :ey ~ Sooz

In New Book, Omarosa Says That Trump Showed Signs Of Mental Decline
By Associated Press | August 3, 2018 7:46 am

WASHINGTON (AP) — A former White House staffer is claiming in a new book that President Donald Trump has exhibited a “mental decline that could not be denied.”

An excerpt from Omarosa Manigault-Newman’s new book was published Thursday by DailyMail.com.

The former reality television star, who appeared on Trump’s “The Apprentice” and later served as an assistant to the president, says she was disturbed by a famous interview Trump gave to Lester Holt.

She writes that, while watching the interview on television, she “realized that something real and serious was going on in Donald’s brain” and that his “mental decline could not be denied.”

She says, “I kept thinking, ‘Oh no! Oh no! This is bad!”

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/in-new-book-omarosa-says-that-trump-showed-signs-of-mental-decline

Post subject: Re: Omarosa
PostPosted: 08/03/18 7:11 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Unfortunately, while she may be accurate in her assessment - she does not have much credibility so it will easily be dismissed. Her elevator does not quite go to the top floor either lol

PostPosted: 08/03/18 9:31 am • # 3 
Editorialist

That was my thought too. I wonder if anybody actually paid her to write this book although I suppose a few people will buy it. Frankly, I think if you look up "Disgruntled Employee" in the dictionary you will find her picture - along with several thousand others who entered the Grabem Administration with stars in their eyes and sugar plums for brains.

PostPosted: 08/12/18 8:21 pm • # 4 
Administrator

Omarosa learned well from the master if she pissed off/scared this many others in the WH ~ :ey ~ Sooz

Jonathan Swan 3 hours ago
Inside Omarosa's reign of terror

Want to know the secret behind Omarosa's wild, largely unchallenged, run in the White House, during which she would swan in and out of the Oval Office, secretly recording the president and his chief of staff?

It’s simple: Some of the most powerful men in government were terrified of her.

What they're saying:

"I'm scared shitless of her... She's a physically intimidating presence," a male former colleague of Omarosa's told me. (He wouldn't let me use a more precise description of his former White House role because he admitted he's still scared of retribution from Omarosa. Other senior officials have admitted the same to me.)

"I never said no to her," the source added. "Anything she wanted, 'Yes, brilliant.' I'm afraid of her. I'm afraid of getting my ass kicked."

Three other former officials shared that sentiment: “One hundred percent, everyone was scared of her,” said another former official.

The big picture: Trump has nobody to blame but himself for Omarosa's raucous book tour, in which she calls him a racist and a misogynist, and says he's in mental decline. Trump brought her into the White House at the senior-most level with the top salary. In many ways, two former senior administration officials pointed out, what Omarosa is doing now is pure Trump.

"She may be the purest of all the Trump characters," one told me. "She may be the most Trumpian. She knows media, she knows about physical presence, like Trump does...that's why I think he's rattled."

"The only reason Trump works is because he gives less of a crap than anybody in the world," the other source told me. "That's where she's at. She's totally undeterred by things that would freak out most people."

"She's out-Trumping Trump right now," the source added, before losing his train of thought in a fit of laughter.

Behind the scenes: Former chief of staff Reince Priebus made valiant efforts to keep Omarosa out of the Oval. And former press secretary Sean Spicer kept having to rebuff administrative officials who were lugging desks over to the West Wing to set up a personal workstation for Omarosa at her command.

But Omarosa answered to nobody. And senior staff told me last year they felt paralyzed because she was the only top-level official in the White House who was African-American.

On a weekend last April, Omarosa caused a security and ethics stir when she dropped into the White House in full bridal attire and with members of her bridal party to try to hold a wedding photoshoot in the Rose Garden and throughout the West Wing.

The bottom line: By all accounts except her own, Omarosa Manigault-Newman did little substantive work during her almost 12 months in the White House. But for much of her time there, she maintained decent access to Trump. And while the White House is now dumping on her credibility — and in many cases they have solid ammunition — the reality is that she only got the tapes because she was in the room.

https://www.axios.com/omarosa-manigault-white-house-recording-tapes-5f385fe2-5c7c-425f-814b-8a27fb40843d.html

PostPosted: 08/12/18 8:30 pm • # 5 
Investigative

I'm waiting to hear the tape where he uses the "N" word. October surprise!

PostPosted: 08/13/18 7:16 am • # 6 
Administrator

JudyG wrote:
I'm waiting to hear the tape where he uses the "N" word. October surprise!

We might be waiting indefinitely on that, Judy ~ the [alleged] tapes have opened a humongous can of worms in the WH and amongst security experts ~ personally, I'm thinking the WH is pissed off because she refused a payoff by refusing to sign a NDA ~ :ey

Sooz

PostPosted: 08/13/18 8:56 am • # 7 
Administrator

This is a solid unraveling of what's what with Omarosa ~ :ey ~ some "live links" in original ~ Sooz

Like it or not, parts of Omarosa’s White House story actually matter
08/13/18 09:30 AM
By Steve Benen

I’ll confess to having mixed feelings about Omarosa Manigault Newman, her upcoming book, and the inherent news value of her purported experiences in Donald Trump’s White House.

On the one hand, a former high-ranking official on the president’s team is offering first-hand accounts of developments in the West Wing, while presenting rather aggressive criticisms of her former boss. Practically by definition, this seems newsworthy. On the other hand, at its core, this story is about the perspectives of two dubious reality-show personalities, neither of whom I find credible.

Trump and his allies have been quick to scoff at Newman’s latest claims, questioning her motives and trustworthiness. And while that may seem like a reasonable position, it leads to a fairly obvious follow-up question: if she’s such an unreliable joke, why did the president give her a lucrative and powerful position in the White House?

Perhaps it’s best to focus on the elements of the story that are both substantive and verifiable. It’s of legitimate interest, for example, if Trump World routinely uses hush money. The Washington Post reported over the weekend:

Quote:
The Post’s Josh Dawsey has a document verifying Manigault Newman’s claim that she was offered what amounted to $15,000 per month in hush money to keep quiet about the White House. It was technically for a job with the Trump campaign, but it was premised on her signing a nondisclosure agreement that dealt with her time in the West Wing. That, notably, isn’t generally how NDAs work; they usually involve the job you are getting, not the one you previously had.

The article quoted Larry Noble, a campaign-finance lawyer and former general counsel at the Federal Election Commission, saying, “As a policy and ethics matter, this is very disturbing. If the White House is using NDAs to prohibit government employees from talking about their experiences, it potentially deprives the public from access to otherwise non-secret, non-privileged, information about the operation of the government. Such a practice would also raise serious questions about whether it was intended to prevent the disclosure of potentially illegal activity.”

A separate Post report added, “Manigault Newman does not offer evidence for some of her most explosive charges but extensively recorded her conversations in the White House. The Post has listened to several of the recordings made by Manigault Newman, which match quotations recounted in the book excerpts.”

I care less about what Newman claims and more about what she can prove. The existence of the tapes opens up a meaningful line of inquiry. (While White House officials make the case that Manigault Newman’s claims are untrue, they’re also “looking into legal options to stop her from releasing more tapes.”)

One apparent audio recording from the Situation Room is already causing a stir.

Quote:
Newman also provided “Meet the Press” with an audio recording she said was made in 2017 when White House chief of staff John Kelly fired her. In it, Kelly argued that there have been “significant integrity issues” that prompted him to fire her. She claimed the recording was made when Kelly took her into the Situation Room, a specially secure room where the president and his top aides address major national security crises, and where personal cell phones are not allowed. Newman also said it was the only meeting she had with Kelly during her time at the White House.

Putting aside the question of why Kelly brought her to a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) in order to fire her, there’s a more alarming point to consider: if the recording was made in the Situation Room, it points to a very unusual breach and a possible security risk. It also raises questions about who else may have recordings of private deliberations in the Situation Room.

As for what Kelly said during the chat, if there were “significant integrity issues” with Omarosa Manigault Newman’s work, it leads us back to the question of why Trump World was prepared to pay her $15,000 a month in the wake of her parting ways with the White House.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/it-or-not-parts-omarosas-white-house-story-actually-matter

PostPosted: 08/13/18 9:10 am • # 8 
Administrator

If it's all b.s. why isn't she being sued?

PostPosted: 08/13/18 11:05 am • # 9 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:

Never sue someone for calling you and asshole. They might prove it.

PostPosted: 08/13/18 11:08 am • # 10 
Editorialist

She was with him for 10 years! I'm sure she has plenty of info (dirt) on the orange one. I'm thinking that it might have been a sexual thing and she got pushed aside more and more after he was elected. A woman scorned and all that.....
Maybe it takes a crazy person to bring down another crazy person. idk

PostPosted: 08/13/18 11:40 am • # 11 
Administrator

jimwilliam wrote:
oskar576 wrote:

Never sue someone for calling you and asshole. They might prove it.

Exactly my thinking.

PostPosted: 08/13/18 4:10 pm • # 12 
Administrator

This is exactly how/what a 72+yo schoolyard bully looks/acts/says ~ Sooz

Trump accidentally tells the truth about why he liked Omarosa
08/13/18 04:07 PM—Updated 08/13/18 05:26 PM
By Steve Benen

With Omarosa Manigault Newman going on the offensive against Donald Trump, it was only a matter of time before the president returned fire. This morning, Trump published a trio of tweets that probably say more about him than her. Here’s the whole series in its entirety:

Quote:
“Wacky Omarosa, who got fired 3 times on the Apprentice, now got fired for the last time. She never made it, never will. She begged me for a job, tears in her eyes, I said Ok. People in the White House hated her. She was vicious, but not smart. I would rarely see her but heard really bad things.

“Nasty to people & would constantly miss meetings & work. When Gen. Kelly came on board he told me she was a loser & nothing but problems. I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me - until she got fired!

“While I know it’s ‘not presidential’ to take on a lowlife like Omarosa, and while I would rather not be doing so, this is a modern day form of communication and I know the Fake News Media will be working overtime to make even Wacky Omarosa look legitimate as possible. Sorry!”

I won’t unpack all of this, but there are three things that jumped out at me as notable.

First, Trump’s preoccupation with talking about people “begging” him is a little creepy.

Second, the more the president describes Manigault Newman as someone who was disliked, “vicious,” “not smart,” and “nasty,” the more the White House should try to come up with some kind of explanation as to why Trump gave such a person a lucrative and high-ranking job in the White House.

And third, there’s the simple fact that Trump, according to his own version of events, kept on a White House adviser he knew to be toxic and incompetent, solely because she praised him.

In other words, according to the president, even if the White House chief of staff identified someone on the team as a “loser” who causes “nothing but problems,” that person remained in Trump’s good graces – since she said nice things about Donald Trump.

Indeed, by his own admission, the president instructed his chief of staff to keep her in place, not because of her job performance, and not because of her qualifications, but because of her compliments.

It’s amazing that Trump is oblivious to how bad his own tweets make him look.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-accidentally-tells-the-truth-about-why-he-liked-omarosa

PostPosted: 08/14/18 6:55 am • # 13 
Administrator

I'm sure WH personnel sign agreements relating to national security information, but this goes several steps beyond that norm ~ obviously, the DiC knows/understands/is desperate to hide his true self ~ :ey ~ Sooz

Read the $15k-A-Month 'Consulting' Offer the Trump Campaign Proposed to Omarosa in Exchange for Signing An NDA
The Washington Post published the document Sunday.
By Elizabeth Preza / AlterNet / August 12, 2018, 11:22 AM GMT

Omarosa Manigault-Newman, the former reality TV star turned White House director of communications for the Office of Public Liaison said she declined a $15,000 a month offer from the Trump campaign after she was fired from the White House.

The offer, published Sunday by the Washington Post, included a non-disclosure and non-disparagement agreement the former reality star said was “an attempt to buy her silence,” according to the Post.

According to the document, labeled the "Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. Companion Agreement", Manigault-Newman would have been prohibited from demeaning or publically disparaging Trump, Mike Pence, or any of their family members or companies. She also would not have been able to assist "any person that is a candidate or exploring candidacy for President of the United States other than Mr. Trump."

You can read the full document ... via the Washington Post.

https://www.alternet.org/read-15k-month-consulting-offer-trump-campaign-proposed-omarosa-exchange-signing-nda

PostPosted: 08/14/18 7:42 am • # 14 
Administrator

"Companion Agreement"????????????????
What's the nature of the "companionship"?

PostPosted: 08/14/18 8:26 am • # 15 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
"Companion Agreement"????????????????
What's the nature of the "companionship"?

See #10

PostPosted: 08/14/18 11:39 am • # 16 
Administrator

Round and round we go ~ the DiC's first reaction is always to insult/debase the current "enemy" publicly ~ and if/when that current "enemy" doesn't immediately fold, he proceeds to take legal action ~ I'm curious to see if he tries to finagle the DoJ into representing him ~ :ey ~ Sooz

LIVEWIRE
Reports: Trump Campaign Files Arbitration Against Omarosa
By Matt Shuham | August 14, 2018 11:37 am

The Trump campaign has filed an arbitration action against former campaign and White House staffer Omarosa Manigault Newman over her alleged breach of a nondisclosure agreement she signed in 2016, several outlets have reported.

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — AP source: Trump campaign files arbitration action against Omarosa Manigault Newman alleging breach of secrecy agreement.

— Zeke Miller (@ZekeJMiller) August 14, 2018

Quote:
JUST IN: Trump campaign has filed an arbitration against Omarosa alleging breach of confidentiality agreement with the campaign, Trump campaign official tells @NBCNews.

— NBC News (@NBCNews) August 14, 2018

Manigault Newman has a new tell-all book out about her time in the White House, and she’s promoted it by releasing new, secretly made recordings of her firing by White House chief of staff John Kelly, a call from President Donald Trump the day after her firing, and a campaign-era discussion with campaign spokesperson Katrina Pierson and then-Trump family adviser Lynne Patton. She reportedly has other recordings, including of Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump.

An unnamed senior Trump campaign official quoted by ABC News and the Washington Examiner said in a statement: “Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. has filed an arbitration against Manigault-Newman with the American Arbitration Association in New York City, for breach of her 2016 confidentiality agreement with the Trump Campaign. President Trump is well known for giving people opportunities to advance in their careers and lives over the decades, but wrong is wrong, and a direct violation of an agreement must be addressed and the violator must be held accountable.”

It’s unclear what specifically the arbitration alleges. The recording Manigault Newman released Tuesday, of Pierson and Patton, includes a discussion of an alleged tape in which Trump uses a slur for African Americans. Though no one on the call claimed to have heard the tape at the time (Manigault Newman has subsequently claimed to have heard it), Pierson is heard saying at one point on the call: “He said it. He is embarrassed.”

The President has responded predictably to Manigault Newman’s book and recordings, calling her “lowlife” and “a dog.”

He also revealed, as did White House staffer Kellyanne Conway on Sunday, the existence of a nondisclosure agreement that White House staffers must sign. The agreement is unenforceable and unconstitutional, experts say, but NDAs for campaign staffers are a different story.

Manigault Newman said Sunday that she’d rejected a $15,000 monthly salary from the 2020 Trump campaign, which she said would have required her to sign a strict nondisclosure agreement.

This post has been updated.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/reports-2016-trump-campaign-files-arbitration-against-omarosa-for-disparagement

PostPosted: 08/14/18 1:29 pm • # 17 
Administrator

Quote:
The President has responded predictably to Manigault Newman’s book and recordings, calling her “lowlife” and “a dog.”

She peed on him?

PostPosted: 08/14/18 5:45 pm • # 18 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
Quote:

She peed on him?

More likely humped his leg?

PostPosted: 08/19/18 2:57 pm • # 19 
Administrator

Time will tell, oskar and jim ~ this is from my Facebook feed and seems to fit neatly here ~ :b ~ Sooz

PostPosted: 08/19/18 7:33 pm • # 20 
Investigative

I bet soon that he'll be at a rally and say something like "Did I say the "N" word? Maybe I did once. I was joking. I was listening to rap music and said it because it was on the song. I love black people. They love me. Maybe not that Omarosa. She's a lowlife dog. Taping people without their knowledge. That's a crime and the FBI should be looking into it".....blah, blah, blah

He'll admit it and his base will love him more than ever.

Page 1 of 1   [ 20 posts ] New Topic Add Reply