It is currently 03/29/24 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: 08/07/18 8:56 am • # 1 
Administrator

I'm waffling between asking what the hell took these people so long to recognize reality and relief that they finally are publicly doing so ~ :ey ~ Sooz

Fox News correspondent resigns amid reports that network staff are sick of being a Trump propaganda channel
Brad Reed / 07 Aug 2018 at 07:40 ET

A Fox News correspondent has abruptly resigned from his job amid reports that Fox staff members are tired of seeing the network transformed into a pro-Trump propaganda channel.

The Wrap reports that Fox News foreign correspondent Conor Powell stepped down this week after nine years reporting for the network.

“After nearly 9 years, I have decided to resign from Fox News,” Powell announced on his Facebook page. “Those of you who have spoken to me in recent months, you will understand why I am leaving FNC.”

While Powell himself hasn’t publicly stated why he’s stepped down, a source within the network tells The Wrap that he’s just one of many people on the news team who are frustrated with the network’s emphasis on supporting Trump-loving opinion hosts such as Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, and Laura Ingraham over more hard news reporting.

“Lots of reporters are very unhappy with directions of FNC right now,” the source explains. “Fewer news shows. More opinion shows. Less resources for reporters to report.”

Fox News military analyst Ralph Peters earlier this year similarly stepped down from Fox News, while specifically calling it out for being a “propaganda” operation for President Donald Trump.

“Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers,” Peters said in justifying his resignation.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/fox-news-correspondent-resigns-amid-reports-network-staff-sick-trump-propaganda-channel/

PostPosted: 08/07/18 10:01 am • # 2 
Editorialist

“Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers,” Peters said in justifying his resignation."

Ya'think. Took a long time for his integrity and backbone to show itself, but glad it finally did. if only as an example to the other Fox employees who think they are real newsmen, and not just following a prescribed propaganda agenda.

PostPosted: 08/07/18 10:11 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Yeah. Took him long enough. Hopefully more will follow his example. Can't wait to see the tweets from the DiC about this. :popcorn

PostPosted: 08/07/18 1:42 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

Journalists have degrees which teach them about this stuff.

now, mind you, a lot of what FOX does is NOT Journalism.
but some of it is.

PostPosted: 08/07/18 5:32 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

Being a foreign correspondent, his job may have taken him beyond the gravitational pull of the usual prevarications of Fox's black heart.

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply