It is currently 04/24/24 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Serious question
PostPosted: 10/17/18 8:01 am • # 1 
Administrator

Who do you see as the more evil/dangerous: the DiC or Mitch McConnell?

Sooz

Post subject: Re: Serious question
PostPosted: 10/17/18 9:00 am • # 2 
Editorialist

sooz06 wrote:
Who do you see as the more evil/dangerous: the DiC or Mitch McConnell?

Sooz

That is not any easy question, but will answer best as I can. My opinion though, is not set in stone.

I think Mitch McConnell is the more evil of the two, because he knows what he is doing. While trump has obvious mental issues he can be manipulated and dissuaded from his actions and opinions. McConnell on the other hand stays firm, and he does the manipulating.

As for more dangerous, that is a toss-up imo. Trump can go off the rails and cause great harm, while I believe McConnell knows he may be doing others great harm, he doesn’t care.

PostPosted: 10/17/18 9:05 am • # 3 
Administrator

I agree with kb. McConnell is totally immoral/unethical/corrupt but he is neither ignorant nor stupid.

PostPosted: 10/17/18 10:12 am • # 4 
Administrator

Mitch is a snake.
Remember KYnect, the Kentucky's version/name of Obamacare?
He was one of the first to implement the whole shebang while at the same time, under pressure from his kynect-loving constituents to get rid of Obamacare, led the charge against it in the Senate.

PostPosted: 10/17/18 5:53 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

I think Mitch McConnell is the more evil of the two, because he knows what he is doing. While trump has obvious mental issues he can be manipulated and dissuaded from his actions and opinions. McConnell on the other hand stays firm, and he does the manipulating.

I agree with you as far as new shiny objects being able to pull Grabem off his focus. But I still consider Grabem to be the most dangerous of the two simply because McConnell will do whatever Grabem orders him to do. This Congress or the Congress before it hasn't been able to accomplish anything on it's own. The previous Congress just set its focus on derailing Obama and this one on fulfilling Grabem's many wishes. There hasn't been anything original coming out of Congress in at least six years. This is the sign of a Senate and House being led by a mob of unthinking ideologues rather than evil men. These people can see what Grabem is doing to the United States but they are so wrapped up in having their majority that they don't care. Even when Grabem steps out of line and does something atrocious the most you hear from them is some weak protests, what would be in Hansard, our transcript of the daily doings of Parliament, as - "Some Honorable Members: Oh, Oh"

PostPosted: 10/19/18 9:16 am • # 6 
Administrator

It would be nice if I answered my own question ~ :o

I'm dithering on the answer ~ I agree with KB that this is "not an easy question" ~ I lean towards agreeing that McConnell is the more venal ... simply because, while the DiC acts out in anger/frustration on his whims, McConnell KNOWS what he wants/is forcing will hurt millions of people ~ :ey

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/19/18 11:05 am • # 7 
Editorialist

I think they are both dangerous and evil in equally disturbing but different ways. McConnell is smashing through an agenda that hurts millions of people but pleases his conservative allies. It's a way of thinking. The other one is posing a huge danger to democracy, morality, and civility by simply being who he is and acting out himself. Both postures are very dangerous to our country.

PostPosted: 10/19/18 11:36 am • # 8 
Editorialist

I see Trump as more evil because that's *who he is* and always has been, McC as more dangerous because he gleefully works to turn every evil thought Trump has into legislation that can't be corrected/overturned.

PostPosted: 10/21/18 8:56 am • # 9 
Editorialist

queenoftheuniverse wrote:
I think they are both dangerous and evil in equally disturbing but different ways. McConnell is smashing through an agenda that hurts millions of people but pleases his conservative allies. It's a way of thinking. The other one is posing a huge danger to democracy, morality, and civility by simply being who he is and acting out himself. Both postures are very dangerous to our country.

Well said, Queen. I totally agree.

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ] New Topic Add Reply