It is currently 03/28/24 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
PostPosted: 10/22/18 11:20 pm • # 1 
Administrator

It's time for the men in white hospital outfits to come and take this dangerous fool away.

Quote:
Trump says he's terminating a major nuclear treaty with Russia.

As National Security Adviser John Bolton was in Moscow, where he's expected to inform Russian officials of the Trump administration’s intention to withdraw from a major nuclear arms agreement -- the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces treaty -- President Trump himself said Monday it definitely would happen.

"I’m terminating the agreement because they violated the agreement," Trump told reporters in Washington. "I’m terminating the agreement," he repeated for emphasis.

Asked whether he was threatening Russian President Vladimir Putin, Trump said, "It’s a threat to whoever you want. And it includes China, and it includes Russia, and it includes anybody else that wants to play that game. You can’t do that. You can’t play that game on me."

The INF treaty was a key to the end of the Cold War, reducing decades of nuclear tensions between the Soviet Union and the United States.

The dismantling of the INF Treaty could have major implications for U.S. foreign policy not just with Russia, but around the world. The treaty’s end would mark another step into a new world order, one less characterized by the détente and cooperation of the post-Cold War era.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-t ... d=58661973

PostPosted: 10/23/18 7:30 am • # 2 
Editorialist

I am anxious to know what others think is behind this as I am not sure what to make of it. I can see it benefiting Russia in some way or giving trump more of an excuse to spend more money on arms and take away more from so called entitlements, but it seems way out there all of a sudden, even for him.

PostPosted: 10/23/18 7:38 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Well after all he's a "nationalist". Right? His "rallies" seem more and more Hitler like. Also a lot like a religious revival. The leader gets the sheeple all riled up.

Donald Trump: ‘I’m a nationalist, OK? Nationalist. Use that word, use that word’

“A globalist is a person that wants the globe to do well, frankly, not caring about our country so much,” Trump said.

“And you know what? We can’t have that. They have a word, it sort of became old-fashioned, it’s called a nationalist, and I say really, we’re not supposed to use that word.
“Nationalist. Use that word, use that word.”

The crowd responded by chanting, “U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!”

Trump’s remarks generated a flood of commentary on social media, with many apparently aghast — or even scared — that he declared himself a nationalist.

Writing for Foreign Policy magazine, Miller picked apart Trump’s nationalism, focusing heavily on his claim that “the nation-state remains the best vehicle for elevating the human condition.”

Miller went on to say that Trump’s claim that people can only be fulfilled when they live in nation-states is “morally corrupt and, frankly, silly.”

He also noted that certain states are better at alleviating the lives of their people than others.

“The nationalist delusion is that we can unify our attachments under the umbrella of a single, overarching, holistic identity,” Miller wrote.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4584546/dona ... paign=2014

PostPosted: 10/23/18 8:03 am • # 4 
Editorialist

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world...

Putin unveils new Russian nuclear missile, says it renders defenses 'useless'

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/vladimir-putin-set-state-union-speech-election-looms-n852211?icid=related&fbclid=IwAR3V5hOmgjdNMQTTd15YMDUx2OYA-BaATp1DGt7E90qAQTEy-WKza4CTfpE

PostPosted: 10/23/18 9:11 am • # 5 
Administrator

John59 wrote:
Meanwhile, on the other side of the world...

Putin unveils new Russian nuclear missile, says it renders defenses 'useless'

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/vladimir-putin-set-state-union-speech-election-looms-n852211?icid=related&fbclid=IwAR3V5hOmgjdNMQTTd15YMDUx2OYA-BaATp1DGt7E90qAQTEy-WKza4CTfpE

Intercontinental ballistic missiles are not covered in the treaty our idiot in chief and warmonger Bolton wants to scrap.

PostPosted: 10/23/18 9:40 am • # 6 
Administrator

I'm as leery and uncomfortable with anything/everything the DiC might try to pull in a fit of anger as anyone else ~ and maybe it's just me, but this sounds like a "mine is bigger than yours" temper tantrum ~ :ey

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/23/18 2:11 pm • # 7 
Administrator

I see drastic cuts in the near future to our barely existing social net to finance new and improved land based missiles.

PostPosted: 10/24/18 10:06 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

this was a very quiet but landmark achievement for Obama.

it figures that Trump would want to undo it.

PostPosted: 10/25/18 12:18 am • # 9 
Editorialist

This is a dumb as his stunt with the Iranians. Just like he was afraid the Iranians were developing nuclear weapons, he's afraid the Russians are developing intermediate rage nukes - so he's clearing the way to allow them to do it.

PostPosted: 10/25/18 6:52 pm • # 10 
Administrator

jimwilliam wrote:
This is a dumb as his stunt with the Iranians. Just like he was afraid the Iranians were developing nuclear weapons, he's afraid the Russians are developing intermediate rage nukes - so he's clearing the way to allow them to do it.

The Great Pumpkin wants his little war and dammit he's gonna find some brown people to bomb before 2020.

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ] New Topic Add Reply