It is currently 01/16/19 4:47 pm
WELCOME to Voices or Choices!
If you have no posts, please register for a new account.
If you are a former member rejoining VoC and wish to be reunited with your existing posts,
please email your username to reunite@voicesorchoices.com.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: 01/11/19 7:56 am • # 1 
Administrator

The House is gonna be VERY BUSY! ~ :tup ~ Sooz

Michael Cohen to give public testimony against Trump before Congress: CNN
Sarah K. Burris / 10 Jan 2019 at 15:18 ET

CNN’s Manu Raju announced Thursday that Michael Cohen, the former attorney to President Donald Trump will give public testimony to the House Oversight and Reform Committee in Congress on Feb. 7.

“This is according to Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD), the chairman of the committee releasing this statement, saying that Cohen will testify before this committee,” Raju said. “Of course, Cohen has been a central player, very close to this president, of course, he pleaded guilty and was sentenced to three years in prison for multiple charges including two campaign finance-related charges in which he allegedly admitted to being involved with payments to silence women who alleged affairs with this president in the days running up to the 2016 campaign.”

The hearing is one of many that the House chair is announcing.

“First, Elijah Cummings explaining this decision,” Raju said reading the letter. “He said this is ‘part of their efforts to oversee the Trump Administration.’ He said they’re trying to ‘restore accountability and transparency when it comes to looking into the executive [branch.’ They’re also announcing other hearings involving prescription drugs. He said that about the Cohen hearing, he said ‘I thank Michael Cohen for agreeing to testify voluntarily. I want to make clear we have no interest in inappropriately interfering with any ongoing criminal investigations and to that end, we are in the process of consulting with special counsel Mueller’s office so the committee will announce additional information in the coming weeks.'”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/michael-cohen-give-public-testimony-trump-congress-cnn/

PostPosted: 01/11/19 8:09 am • # 2 
Administrator

Things are really starting to unravel for the DiC now ~ :st ~ Sooz

Internet awaits Trump’s inevitable meltdown over Michael Cohen: ‘I barely know him!’
Tana Ganeva / 10 Jan 2019 at 15:50 ET

On Thursday, Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) announced that President Donald Trump’s former personal lawyer Michael Cohen has agreed to testify against him in February, in public, before Congress.

The internet, naturally, had a field day. Here’s a roundup of the best reactions.

Quote:
Will Michael Cohen be the Kool aid Man to Trump’s Wall Dream pic.twitter.com/Kku1suCegH

— Israel Rubio (@8bitlookbook) January 10, 2019

Quote:
Oh. My. God. Michael Cohen has agreed to testify publicly & tell all. Also, he’s going to show up in a Prague T-shirt. #TrumpRussia pic.twitter.com/ZYuZ3LAjeJ

— Power VO (@PowerVoiceOver) January 10, 2019

Quote:
Trumps cabinet: be cool be cool. Trump: ok I’m cool I’m cool. Trump Twitter at 4am: MICHAEL COHEN IS A LYING LIAR I BARELY KNOW HIM!

— june yoon (@juneyoon4) January 10, 2019

Quote:
Hey @realDonaldTrump let me save you some time…

“Michael Cohen is a liar. He only handled a few small for me things years ago.”

— Frank DiElsi (@FrankDiElsi1) January 10, 2019

Quote:
Michael Cohen Agrees to Publicly Testify Before Congress About Work for Trump https://t.co/ELP2h4qLhL pic.twitter.com/ha6lHEz7p8

— shauna (@goldengateblond) January 10, 2019

Quote:
Just make sure Michael Cohen is under oath when he testifies to the House Oversight Committee… so he can end up in jail.

— Tim Young (@TimRunsHisMouth) January 10, 2019

Quote:
Michael Cohen to testify publicly before Congress on Feb. 7.

Boy, I wanna front rowdy seat for this one. pic.twitter.com/qJUdglGoko

— Lcds (@lcds2702) January 10, 2019

Quote:
Coming soon: “You lied once before when testifying before Congress, Mr. Cohen. Did the president encourage you to do so?” https://t.co/nLItT4YsqG

— Allahpundit (@allahpundit) January 10, 2019

Quote:
*DC bartenders scramble to make Cohen themed drink names*

— Joe Perticone (@JoePerticone) January 10, 2019

Quote:
Big big day…
Michael Cohen will testify before the House Oversight Committee on February 7, 2019.

— Shimon Prokupecz (@ShimonPro) January 10, 2019

Quote:
.@RepAdamSchiff says he welcomes Michael Cohen’s testimony before House Oversight: “It will be necessary, however, for Mr. Cohen to answer questions pertaining to the Russia investigation, and we hope to schedule a closed session before our committee in the near future.” pic.twitter.com/kE87N7L5ks

— Emma Loop (@LoopEmma) January 10, 2019

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/internet-awaits-trumps-inevitable-meltdown-michael-cohen-barely-know/

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply