It is currently 04/19/24 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: 02/04/19 10:41 am • # 1 
Administrator

my Facebook feed where several people posted: "Both teams are playing like the winner has to go to the White House." ~ :b

I confess I did not watch the game, but I did watch the Maroon Five half-time show given the controversy surrounding their appearance ~ the combination of rap and gospel was "interesting" ... but I also confess I didn't understand what it was trying to represent ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 02/04/19 12:08 pm • # 2 
Administrator

That was this weekend?

PostPosted: 02/04/19 12:20 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

The only sports finale in the world where the commercials and the half time show are more important than the game itself.

PostPosted: 02/04/19 5:55 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

sooz06 wrote:
my Facebook feed where several people posted: "Both teams are playing like the winner has to go to the White House." ~ :b

I confess I did not watch the game, but I did watch the Maroon Five half-time show given the controversy surrounding their appearance ~ the combination of rap and gospel was "interesting" ... but I also confess I didn't understand what it was trying to represent ~

Sooz

I didn't watch the game, but did turn it on for the half-time as it was supposed to be controversial. Adam Levine did an interview that implied surprises when asked if he thought he should perform. I waited and nothing. I think though, I am official old fuddy-duddy now. I could not understand the overwhelming majority of the words in all the songs, the music all sounded the same and not fond of rap, least I think some of it was rap lol. I thought it all pretty awful for a half-time show. I also think Adam's overwhelming body tattoos were disgusting - he looked like he stepped out of a coal mine and needed a shower.

PostPosted: 02/04/19 7:41 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

Hahaha I love the comment! It was not a very exciting game and certainly even Kraft, Bellichick and Brady, who Trump calls friends, have tried to put distance between themselves and Trump. The Patriots fan base are New England liberals. And LA- also democrat, liberal central.

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply