It is currently 03/28/24 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: 04/23/19 9:11 am • # 1 
Administrator

Can a full psychic break be far behind? ~ :ey ~ Sooz

Trump spent the morning in a white-hot Twitter meltdown — here are the 6 most unhinged moments
Travis Gettys / 23 Apr 2019 at 08:21 ET

President Donald Trump evidently woke up angry Tuesday morning, and spent the first hours of his day airing his grievances on Twitter.

The president fired off 11 tweets before 8 a.m. attacking specific members of the media, while praising “Fox & Friends” and a friendly Fox Business reporter, and urging the U.S. Congress to get involved in monitoring Twitter for political content.

Here are the six most bizarre tweets Trump posted — in just one morning.

Trump inadvertently called attention to a scathing New York Times column by Paul Krugman, whom he called “stupid” and “obsessed with hatred.”

Quote:
Paul Krugman, of the Fake News New York Times, has lost all credibility, as has the Times itself, with his false and highly inaccurate writings on me. He is obsessed with hatred, just as others are obsessed with how stupid he is. He said Market would crash, Only Record Highs!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 23, 2019

Trump followed that up with an attack on Krugman’s employer, which he denounced as “the enemy of the people,” and repeated his false claim that the newspaper apologized to him for its 2016 election coverage.

Quote:
I wonder if the New York Times will apologize to me a second time, as they did after the 2016 Election. But this one will have to be a far bigger & better apology. On this one they will have to get down on their knees & beg for forgiveness-they are truly the Enemy of the People!

Next he moved on to an attack on his Democratic opponents and the news media, in general, which he claimed had been driven “totally insane” by the Republican agenda, and Trump promised more of that.

Quote:
The Radical Left Democrats, together with their leaders in the Fake News Media, have gone totally insane! I guess that means that the Republican agenda is working. Stay tuned for more!

Less than 10 minutes later, Trump whined that he should be “immune from criticism” because the economy was doing well, and apparently forgot that President Bill Clinton was impeached during an economic boom 20 years ago.

Quote:
In the “old days” if you were President and you had a good economy, you were basically immune from criticism. Remember, “It’s the economy stupid.” Today I have, as President, perhaps the greatest economy in history…and to the Mainstream Media, it means NOTHING. But it will!

Trump next roared at MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough, who he derided as “dumb and sick” for pointing out the president’s poll numbers had sunk after the Mueller report to levels he hadn’t plumbed since he had praised neo-Nazi supporters following the deadly Charlottesville rally.

Quote:
Sorry to say but @foxandfriends is by far the best of the morning political shows on television. It rightfully has BY FAR the highest ratings, not even close. Morning Psycho (Joe), who helped get me elected in 2016 by having me on (free) all the time, has nosedived, too Angry…

The president then turned his attention to Twitter itself, quoting Daniel Ives, a guest who appeared on Maria Bartiromo’s show on Fox Business. Trump threatened congressional oversight of the social media service in an apparent effort to boost conservative content.

Quote:
“The best thing ever to happen to Twitter is Donald Trump.” @MariaBartiromo So true, but they don’t treat me well as a Republican. Very discriminatory, hard for people to sign on. Constantly taking people off list. Big complaints from many people. Different names-over 100 M…..

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/trump-spent-morning-white-hot-twitter-meltdown-6-unhinged-moments/

PostPosted: 04/23/19 9:17 am • # 2 
Editorialist

How anyone with even the remotest sense of decency can still support this man - let alone a whole political party and base - boggles the mind.

PostPosted: 04/23/19 11:25 am • # 3 
Administrator

IMO, Trump is running scared of something. McConnel & Co. are running scared as well because if Trump goes down they go down in a heap with him.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply