It is currently 04/19/24 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: 04/24/19 3:27 pm • # 1 
Administrator

is done! ~ everything was fine for a few hours early this morning ~ then, due to a scheduled 2-hour "no power" mandate from ComEd, I completely powered off my computer ~ when I powered back up, everything EXCEPT the router came back on line ~ no router/no internet ~ called my provider, went thru the exercises with the router, then was offered a tech coming out between 2-4p ~ he just left, after switching out the router power cord ~ so ... I'm baaaaack! ~ :b

Sooz

PostPosted: 04/24/19 9:32 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

Gotcha beat by seven days. Last Thursday we left with in-laws to make a trip to Edmonton. Somewhere a couple of hundred miles down the road I realized my computer was sitting on the couch at home just coming to the realization it had gone from excited expectations of a road trip to a "Home Alone" situation.

No problem, I thought. I had my Kobo with me. I could at least read my e-mails although responding to them would be a pain. No such luck. First hotel, connected just fine. Second through last night no such luck. It wouldn't connect to anything.

The amazing thing is I didn't even miss it. No e-mails, no news, no nothing. I couldn't even get my cel phone to hook up to anything so I didn't even get my What's Ap Messages. It was actually pretty cool. I got so unelectroniked I didn't even bother with the tv. The closest thing was my Kobo Book which I enjoyed immensely until it finished and had no way of downloading a new one. So I wound up reading a real book from my niece's bookshelf called "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck". It was a good book and I learned some neat things about myself. I would tell you about them but I don't give a f*uck.

PostPosted: 04/24/19 11:57 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

sweet!

PostPosted: 04/25/19 3:27 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

You got a tech to come through the door the same day you called? WOW!!

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply