It is currently 03/28/24 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 1 of 4   [ 78 posts ]
PostPosted: 02/04/20 1:15 pm • # 1 
Administrator

No clue how this sh*tshow works (if it works) but I guess Nate does.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... -forecast/

PostPosted: 02/04/20 2:50 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

I think it is interesting that he only gives a 1/6 chance to a brokered election.

PostPosted: 02/04/20 3:01 pm • # 3 
Administrator

What is a brokered election?

PostPosted: 02/04/20 5:24 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

oskar- it is where no candidate has enough votes to win the nomination.

what happens is similar to the caucuses. those that are in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th have the opportunity to change their votes. it can get really messy.

PostPosted: 02/04/20 7:49 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

So she voted in favor of someone she knew nothing about???

Homophobic Iowa Caucus-Goer Shocked To Learn Pete Is Gay, Demands To Change Her Vote

https://thegailygrind.com/2020/02/04/ho ... -her-vote/

PostPosted: 02/04/20 7:53 pm • # 6 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:
oskar- it is where no candidate has enough votes to win the nomination.

what happens is similar to the caucuses. those that are in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th have the opportunity to change their votes. it can get really messy.

Oh, still referring to nominations. "Election" got me a bit confused. Easily done, ya know.

PostPosted: 02/05/20 12:04 am • # 7 
Editorialist

mmhmm. same thing can happen with the EC, but it is very rare.

PostPosted: 02/05/20 10:52 am • # 8 
Administrator

Iowa caucuses: Pete Buttigieg and Bernie Sanders take lead

Really?

Quote:
Iowa Democratic Party Chairman Troy Price told a news conference on Tuesday evening the fiasco had been "simply unacceptable".

"I apologise deeply for this," he added of the turmoil, which has provoked calls for Iowa to lose its coveted spot atop the presidential voting calendar.

"This was a coding error," he said, while insisting the data was secure and promising a thorough review.

But...

Quote:
The app was developed by tech firm Shadow Inc., run by veterans of Hillary Clinton's failed 2016 presidential campaign.

It was put together in just two months and had not been independently tested, the New York Times reported, quoting people briefed on the matter by the Iowa Democratic Party.

The party in Nevada, where caucuses will be held on 22 February, has reversed a decision to use the company's software.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51380686

PostPosted: 02/05/20 1:28 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

Quote:

And there you have it. Uneducated/uninformed voters. I think there are more of those than we realize.

PostPosted: 02/05/20 3:12 pm • # 10 
Editorialist

actually, it is worse than that- uninformed CAUCUS-GOERS.
they are supposed to be the cream of the crop in terms of voters.

#torpedoiowa

PostPosted: 02/08/20 4:03 pm • # 11 
Administrator

Biden probably lost a few vote with this one.

Biden campaign mocks Buttigieg's experience in new attack ad

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/08/politics ... Stories%29

PostPosted: 02/08/20 10:15 pm • # 12 
Editorialist

the chances of a brokered election are up to 1/4

PostPosted: 02/08/20 11:37 pm • # 13 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
Quote:

And there you have it. Uneducated/uninformed voters. I think there are more of those than we realize.

Sounds like she belongs in the Republiasshole camp anyway.

PostPosted: 02/13/20 8:18 am • # 14 
Editorialist

Trump Says Bloomberg Had a ‘Bad Night,’ Gets Told He Wasn’t Even on New Hampshire Primary Ballot
Numerous reporters used the president’s tweet to remind followers that Bloomberg wasn’t in the running in New Hampshire’s Tuesday primary

President Donald Trump mocked Democratic presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg Tuesday, tweeting that the former mayor of New York City had “a very bad night” and calling him “Mini Mike.”

Trump’s tweet came as results from the New Hampshire primary were being discussed across Twitter and cable news, but Bloomberg wasn’t actually on the ballot in that state. Numerous reporters, like CNBC’s Christina Wilkie and local DC anchor Jim Lokay, were quick to point that fact out.

Earlier in the day ....

MORE>

PostPosted: 02/13/20 11:57 am • # 15 
Editorialist

odds of a brokered convention are now 1/3

PostPosted: 02/24/20 7:55 pm • # 16 
Editorialist

Have to say that I like this guy ....

9-year-old boy asks Pete Buttigieg advice for coming out as gay

BY CAITLIN O'KANE

Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg held a rally in Denver on Saturday night, where a young attendee submitted a serious question for the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana.

"The next question comes from Zachary, aged 9," Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold announced during the question-and-answer portion of the event. "He says, 'Thank you for being so brave, would you help me tell the world I'm gay too? I want to be brave like you.'"

The question came from Zacahary Ro, and Buttigieg invited the boy up on stage. As Ro made his way to the platform, attendees chanted "Love is love," CBS Denver reports. He handed Buttigieg a rainbow-colored bracelet, a symbol of LGBTQ pride and acceptance.

Then, Buttigieg answered Ro's heartfelt question, which probably took a lot of guts to ask in the first place. "I don't think you need a lot of advice from me on bravery," Buttigieg said. "You seem pretty strong."

As the crowd cheered Buttigieg – who is openly gay and married to his husband, Chasten – continued to give advice to Ro.

"I was afraid that who I was might mean that I could never make a difference and what wound up happening instead is that it's a huge part of the difference I get to make," the former mayor said. "I never could have seen that coming and you'll never know whose life you might be affecting right now, just by standing here. Right now. There's a lot of power in that."

"Even if I can't promise it will always be easy, I can promise you that I'm going to be rooting for you and I think there's a whole bunch of people here who are going to be rooting you every step of the way," Buttigieg said.

At the start of the rally, before the touching question from Ro, Buttigieg told the crowd he "might have to come to Denver more often."

"You're making me feel pretty good," he said.

The candidate said he was there to "make a case for a politics that invites everyone in, instead of saying it's my way or the highway," he said. It appears Buttigieg did more than that — he made an impact on Ro's life and on countless others who were watching, and let them know they were invited in.

SOURCE

Vid of his full answer to the question at source

PostPosted: 03/01/20 8:05 pm • # 17 
Editorialist

Shit

Pete Buttigieg Drops Out of Democratic Presidential Race
The first openly gay major presidential candidate, Mr. Buttigieg rose to the primary’s top tier, but was unable to build a broad coalition of voters, and lost badly in South Carolina Saturday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/01/us/p ... s-out.html

PostPosted: 03/02/20 12:14 am • # 18 
Editorialist

odds of a brokered convention are up to 60%

PostPosted: 03/02/20 10:27 am • # 19 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:
odds of a brokered convention are up to 60%

Have the Dems found another way to lose?

PostPosted: 03/02/20 2:37 pm • # 20 
Editorialist

It's starting to look like the Dem candidate is going to be Bernie. What a fucked-up campaign that will be. It'll be surprising if the U.S. survives the campaign let alone the next four years no matter who wins.

PostPosted: 03/02/20 3:12 pm • # 21 
Editorialist

Klobuchar is dropping out and appearing in Dallas tonight with Biden to endorse him (confirmed) Buttegieg is appearing and endorsing him too (not confirmed)

PostPosted: 03/02/20 3:16 pm • # 22 
Editorialist

Why do people think that having Bernie as the candidate would be such a disaster? Or Bernie as President for that matter?

PostPosted: 03/02/20 4:37 pm • # 23 
Administrator

Cattleman wrote:
Why do people think that having Bernie as the candidate would be such a disaster? Or Bernie as President for that matter?

Beats me. Other than USians have become right wing, even unconsciously.

PostPosted: 03/02/20 6:04 pm • # 24 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
It's starting to look like the Dem candidate is going to be Bernie. What a fucked-up campaign that will be. It'll be surprising if the U.S. survives the campaign let alone the next four years no matter who wins.

I would not be so sure. I doubt that Bernie will have enough votes going into the convention, jim.

if it is close between him and Biden, it will come down to superdelegates, and you can pretty much count on them to vote for Biden.

if that happens, I am not sure we can count on Bernie voters this time, just like last time.

so, yeah, it is going to be tough for Democrats either way, imo.

PostPosted: 03/02/20 7:43 pm • # 25 
Editorialist

It's going to be Biden.

Trump may win again.

god help us all.

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 1 of 4   [ 78 posts ] New Topic Add Reply