It is currently 04/24/24 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 61  Next   Page 12 of 61   [ 1507 posts ]
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: 04/04/20 10:29 am • # 276 
Editorialist

Quote:
There are crazies. Then there are these people ....

Despite warnings, churchgoers explain why they're still going to services

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/ ... 60-vpx.cnn

Quote:
Know what was missing? Guns! But now here they are. Thanks NRA!

Militia Leader Vows To Defend Lockdown Violators

https://www.joemygod.com/2020/04/militi ... violators/

PostPosted: 04/04/20 10:35 am • # 277 
Editorialist

Citizens who lost health coverage in past 2 weeks due to economic collapse:

USA 3,500,000
Australia 0
Belgium 0
Canada 0
Chile 0
Denmark 0
Finland 0
France 0
Germany 0
Greece 0
Hungary 0
Italy 0
Japan 0
New Zealand 0
Norway 0
Portugal 0
S Korea 0
Spain 0
Sweden 0
Turkey 0
UK 0

PostPosted: 04/04/20 10:37 am • # 278 
Editorialist

From my FB feed

How history will record this era in the USA.

Dec 18th - House Impeaches Trump
Jan 8th - First CDC warning
Jan 9th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 14th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 16h - House sends impeachment articles to Senate
Jan 18th - Trump golfs
Jan 19th - Trump golfs
Jan 20th - first case of corona virus in the US, Washington State
Jan 22nd - “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
Jan 28th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 30th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 1st - Trump golfs
Feb 2nd - “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."
Feb 5th - Senate votes to acquit. Then takes a five-day weekend
Feb 10th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 12th - Dow Jones closes at an all time high of 29,551.42
Feb 15h - Trump golfs
Feb 19th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 20th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 21st - Trump campaign rally
Feb 24th - “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
Feb 25h - “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
Feb 25h - “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
Feb 26th - “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
Feb 26th - “We're going very substantially down, not up.” Also "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
Feb 28th - “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
Feb 28th - Trump campaign rally
March 2nd - “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
March 2nd - “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
March 5th - “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”
March 5th - “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
March 6th - “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
March 6th - “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
March 6th - “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
March 6th - “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
March 7th - Trump golfs
March 8th - Trump golfs
March 8th - “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
March 9th - “This blindsided the world.”
March 13th - [Declared state of emergency]
March 17th - “This is a pandemic,” Mr. Trump told reporters. “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
March 18th - "It’s not racist at all. No. Not at all. It comes from China. That’s why. It comes from China. I want to be accurate."
March 23th- Dow Jones closes at 18,591.93
March 25th - 3.3 million Americans file for unemployment
March 28th - "Because the ‘Ratings’ of my News Conferences etc. are so high, ‘Bachelor finale, Monday Night Football type numbers’ according to the @nytimes, the Lamestream Media is going CRAZY."
March 30th - Dow Jones closes at 21,917.16
April 2nd - 6.6 million Americans file for unemployment

PostPosted: 04/04/20 12:38 pm • # 279 
Editorialist

First to die in my town. :drfl

How a South Jersey family made a difficult life-ending decision for woman with the coronavirus

https://www.inquirer.com/news/nj-corona ... OF2RO3MOIQ

"She was relatively healthy without any underlying medical conditions, he said. The family believed she would recover with treatment at the hospital. She was given oxygen, which seemed to help.

Unable to see her, relatives got regular updates from hospital officials. They suggested a trial drug; doctors said she was already getting it and others. A nurse arranged for the family to speak with her.

”You could tell she was in pain. It sounded scary to me,” said Bruce, an eighth-grade math teacher. He ended the conversation by telling his mother, “I just want to let you know I love you.”

He said his mother’s condition deteriorated, and after a week on a ventilator the prognosis was grim. Her doctor asked his father, “What do you want to do?”

The family anguished over the decision and decided to stop life support on Tuesday. Jewelle Sutherland, a pulmonologist who considered Shirley like a big sister, volunteered to sit at her bedside because the family could not. She reviewed her chart and reassured the family that they had made the right decision, that there was little chance of recovery.

She died minutes after the machines stopped, and Sutherland immediately called to tell the family “it was peaceful.”

PostPosted: 04/04/20 2:08 pm • # 280 
Administrator

PostPosted: 04/04/20 8:07 pm • # 281 
Editorialist

Trump loses it .....

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v= ... live_video

PostPosted: 04/05/20 7:27 am • # 282 
Editorialist

Just a reminder - the rest of the world has it's own set of problems dealing with this

Keep a distance from each other. Work from home. Or rely on a social safety net. The measures against the coronavirus pandemic are made by and for those parts of the world that can afford to retreat in individualism. But for millions of people in cities like Lagos, Nigeria, there’s no such thing as socially distancing yourself.

Why social distancing won’t work for us

https://thecorrespondent.com/378/why-so ... 0-5409cfb5

A long read but worth it.

PostPosted: 04/05/20 7:44 am • # 283 
Editorialist

PostPosted: 04/05/20 7:49 am • # 284 
Editorialist

PostPosted: 04/05/20 11:53 am • # 285 
Editorialist

devistating

PostPosted: 04/05/20 2:40 pm • # 286 
Editorialist

Watch this

https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemocrat ... live_video

PostPosted: 04/05/20 4:55 pm • # 287 
Editorialist

I don't do FB.

PostPosted: 04/05/20 5:46 pm • # 288 
Editorialist

shiftless2 wrote:
Just a reminder - the rest of the world has it's own set of problems dealing with this

Keep a distance from each other. Work from home. Or rely on a social safety net. The measures against the coronavirus pandemic are made by and for those parts of the world that can afford to retreat in individualism. But for millions of people in cities like Lagos, Nigeria, there’s no such thing as socially distancing yourself.

Why social distancing won’t work for us

https://thecorrespondent.com/378/why-so ... 0-5409cfb5

A long read but worth it.

Wow. Powerful and distressing read. Makes me so thankful that all of my loved ones are in N. America...although I still worry about the US contingent. You know why.

PostPosted: 04/06/20 12:09 pm • # 289 
Editorialist

Trump busted for cynical reasons behind scheduling his COVID-19 press conferences at the same time everyday
Tom Boggioni

An MSNBC panel discussing the coronavirus task force’s daily press briefing that have been hijacked by Donald Trump so he can be on television every day turned to explaining why they held at the same time every day.

With “Am Joy” host Joy Reid explaining that the nation’s media is doing their best to try and “normalize” the president’s behavior, she also called out the president for cynically scheduling the briefings to keep the public ignorant about how the coronavirus is devastating their own communities.

CONTINUED>

Two vids at source

PostPosted: 04/07/20 4:14 am • # 290 
Editorialist

Stealing masks and stockpiling hydroxychloroquine — what America has become during this epidemic is deeply worrying
Under Trump's crisis leadership, the US has been accused of modern piracy on the airport tarmac, considered denying medical supplies to Canada and taken medication off lupus patients. Meanwhile, New York has to take donations off China

Hannah Selinger

Last night, in the most recent of several long and strange press conferences, President Trump announced that the United States had amassed 29 million pills of hydroxychloroquine, a yet-unproven treatment that may assist in improving outcomes with Covid-19. Shortly after Trump spoke, Dr Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, was prevented from answering any questions pursuant to the drug and its uses.

The reason that Fauci was not permitted to speak at that presser was because there is still much debate about whether or not this drug can even be used to treat Covid-19 — and a whole other host of ethical considerations about removing from circulation a drug that is already useful in treating lupus, since now those patients will no longer have access to it. Unlike what Trump claimed, the FDA has not actually approved hydroxychloroquine as a coronavirus treatment. Fauci has already made clear his reluctance to kowtow to the president, as many other administration sycophants have done in the past, and was likely to have mentioned that if he’d been allowed to speak. But Trump hates a dissident, so Fauci was forced into silence.

The stockpiling of hydroxychloroquine presents a darker truth about the American methodology in the era of Covid-19, however. We shouldn’t just be concerned about the way President Trump is personally conducting himself. Seen as part of a whole, what Americans have committed — and are continuing to commit — is, essentially, modern piracy.

On April 2, it was reported that ....

CONTINUED>

PostPosted: 04/07/20 8:56 am • # 291 
Editorialist

Florida Megachurch That Held Services During Coronavirus Pandemic Loses Insurance
MICHAEL STONE

Good News: The River Church, a Florida megachurch led by controversial Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne, has lost their insurance after ...

CONTINUED>

PostPosted: 04/07/20 9:02 am • # 292 
Editorialist

No surprises here

Donald Trump Has Stake In Hydroxychloroquine Drugmaker: Report
The president has repeatedly touted the anti-malaria drug as a coronavirus treatment despite a lack of medical evidence.
headshot

By Ron Dicker

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-t ... d10a696280

PostPosted: 04/07/20 10:32 am • # 293 
Editorialist

shiftless2 wrote:

Florida Megachurch That Held Services During Coronavirus Pandemic Loses Insurance
MICHAEL STONE

Good News: The River Church, a Florida megachurch led by controversial Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne, has lost their insurance after ...

CONTINUED>

Not that I'm vengeful or anything........but now would be a good time for the building to burn to the ground. That would "sanitize" it. Right?

PostPosted: 04/07/20 10:36 am • # 294 
Editorialist

I'm thankful to be here right now:

Why is B.C. starting to flatten the curve while other provinces aren’t? Some of it may be luck

Henry said the province’s promising numbers stem from finding early cases of community transmission and implementing restrictive measures that were sparked, in part, by reports from provinces with an earlier spring break.

March break in Quebec and Ontario occurred two weeks earlier than in B.C., Henry said, and both provinces experienced reports of spring break travellers falling ill after returning from destinations like France, where the virus had taken hold.

On the Friday before most B.C. schools went on March break, Henry formally banned large gatherings and told to avoid non-essential travel outside of Canada. Not long after the start of spring break, the province indefinitely suspended all kindergarten to Grade 12 classes.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6786185/bc-f ... -covid-19/

PostPosted: 04/07/20 10:39 am • # 295 
Editorialist

One new COVID-19 death but hospital numbers encouraging, B.C.’s top doctor says

A man in his 40s is the latest person in B.C. to die from the novel coronavirus, but there continues to be encouraging signs at the province’s hospitals.

The patient, who was the only new COVID-19 death reported on Monday, died at home in the Fraser Health region, said provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry at her daily news conference.

She also confirmed 63 new cases of the illness, bringing the provincial total to 1,266.

“Our percentage of new cases, as you can see, has been slowing, has been bending, and it’s a testament to the effort that everybody here in British Columbia has been making over these past few weeks,” Henry said. “But we must keep that firewall strong.”

The number of people in hospital with COVID-19 dropped by nine to 140 since the last update on Saturday, though the number in intensive care went up by four, to 72 patients.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6784099/bc-c ... e-april-6/

PostPosted: 04/07/20 10:42 am • # 296 
Editorialist

I have to add two things: Not only was our province "lucky", but I commend our leaders (political and medical) for acting quickly. Also, our recovery rate is at about 50% mostly because they are putting people on ventilators much earlier here. The low infection rate has allowed that to happen. Would we have had (or should we have) huge numbers that might not have happened.

PostPosted: 04/07/20 11:20 am • # 297 
Editorialist

Had a customer who said my sanitizing was useless. He then figuratively pulled out his tin foil hat and stared spouting the 5G conspiracy claim. Since he's a customer, I could only say "That's interesting"...lol
Further conversation revealed that he is also an anti-vaxxer. He and his ilk will kill us. :eyes

PostPosted: 04/07/20 12:36 pm • # 298 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
Had a customer who said my sanitizing was useless. He then figuratively pulled out his tin foil hat and stared spouting the 5G conspiracy claim. Since he's a customer, I could only say "That's interesting"...lol
Further conversation revealed that he is also an anti-vaxxer. He and his ilk will kill us. :eyes

PostPosted: 04/07/20 6:28 pm • # 299 
Editorialist

Sorry, just need to vent here:

Family member on Facebook comparing US deaths from Covid-19 to "deaths" from abortions. Dammit to hell. Can these zealots NOT politicize every fucking thing? What fucking difference does it make? I'm fast losing my patience with this family member.

PostPosted: 04/07/20 8:22 pm • # 300 
Editorialist

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 61  Next   Page 12 of 61   [ 1507 posts ] New Topic Add Reply