It is currently 04/19/24 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 04/17/20 10:38 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

(Trying regain the hang of this, posted on wrong thread.)

In Wisconsin: Governor yesterday extended “SAFER AT HOME” until May 26. Repub legislators claim it’s illegal, prepare lawsuit, of course. Medics applaud governor. Republicans advertise for participants in “spontaneous” street protests, demanding business closing measures be lifted, since nobody they know has died yet.

Grammatom and I agreed after we both retired that I would need not to be in the house very much. No exception for plagues. So some days I drive back roads to the shop, where the doors are locked, nobody to catch anything from. I’m noticing increasing daily vehicle traffic, regardless of shutdown.

Yesterday gloomy local right wing talk radio host declared that if election were held today Trump would lose. Well duh.

PostPosted: 04/18/20 1:19 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

it is unlikely to get better for him by November.

PostPosted: 04/18/20 3:28 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

grampatom wrote:
Yesterday gloomy local right wing talk radio host declared that if election were held today Trump would lose. Well duh.

We can only hope

PostPosted: 04/20/20 12:29 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

With the weather improving here I've noticed more people outside walking than ever before but they all seem to be keeping to the social distance guidelines. This lockdown may wind up having a societal benefit just from a fitness point of view. People are noticing the joys of just going for a walk.

Our mayor opened the beach this weekend but said if he saw any pattern of non-compliance with social distancing he would close it again.

I feel bad for the shop keepers down there. They only get three or four months to get a year's worth of sales in and this is the second year in a row they're not getting a chance to make it. This year it's the Covid lockdown and last year the pier, which is a big attraction, was torn in two by a storm and was only opened again in January. Also much of the parking was restricted partly because of the pier reconstruction and partly because of an already scheduled upgrade.

PostPosted: 04/21/20 9:09 am • # 5 
Editorialist

".....I would need not to be in the house very much. No exception for plagues"

:rollin

PostPosted: 04/22/20 8:57 am • # 6 
Editorialist

My poor dog has walked extra every day wondering what we are doing home all the time. Poor thing is 12 years old.
Some places the police are charging people for being out illegally if they get in an accident or pick up a traffic ticket. Are you riding the bike Gramps or is it too cold yet up there? I'm askeered to take out the red drop top although a nice long airy ride would be nice distraction...

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply