It is currently 03/29/24 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next   Page 6 of 9   [ 224 posts ]
 Post subject: Re: Minneapolis
PostPosted: 07/25/20 12:29 pm • # 126 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:

Fellow by the name of Adolph did the same thing to Jewish people.

a fellow by the name of FDR did the same thing to Japanese people.

just sayin.

PostPosted: 07/25/20 2:19 pm • # 127 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:
oskar576 wrote:

Fellow by the name of Adolph did the same thing to Jewish people.

a fellow by the name of FDR did the same thing to Japanese people.

just sayin.

True dat. Canada did the same.

Lest we forget, eh?

PostPosted: 07/25/20 4:57 pm • # 128 
Editorialist

New ‘wall’ of military veterans protects Portland protesters
By Vincent Barone

Quote:
Mike Baker @ByMikeBaker

Another huge crowd tonight in Portland, including a new "wall" on the front lines: a Wall of Vets.

Here's a look at the line of military veterans getting set up here in front of the federal courthouse. Behind them, the Wall of Moms and the Wall of Dads are arriving.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1286884473934503936

First, there was a “wall” of moms protecting Portland protesters — now there’s a wall of vets doing the same.

A group of military veterans joined protesters in the city for the first time Friday night, standing with their hands clasped behind their backs or holding Black Lives Matter signs, according to a New York Times reporter and others from the scene.

“Disabled veterans 4 BLM,” one vet’s sign read.

“I am an American patriot. Federal troops defend property, but this does not give them the right to take away my constitutional freedom,” another sign from a veteran read.

Federal officers have been dispatched to the city since July 4, earning criticism for “kidnapping” protesters and tear-gassing crowds that have held demonstrations over the police killing of George Floyd for more than 50 days.

On Friday night, the federal police used tear gas to try to disperse a large crowd in front of the federal courthouse after multiple fireworks were shot toward the building, the Associated Press reported.

Earlier in the week, federal agents teargassed a crowd that included Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler, who was attending a demonstration.

Wheeler said the troops were grossly overstepping their authority.

But President Trump has praised the federal police there for doing a “great job” in fighting off what he described as “anarchist” arsonists trying to damage the city’s federal courthouse.

On Thursday Trump mocked the mayor over his tear-gassing.

“[Wheeler] made a fool out of himself,” Trump said during a Fox News interview.

“He wanted to be among the people so he went into the crowd and they knocked the hell out of him. That was the end of him. So it was pretty pathetic.”

Large crowds gathered again Friday night as the officers stood their ground in front of the federal courthouse.

“Walls” of moms — and walls of dads — were also reportedly in attendance.

SOURCE

live links at source

PostPosted: 07/25/20 7:03 pm • # 129 
Administrator

Civil war

PostPosted: 07/26/20 4:58 am • # 130 
Editorialist

"Biden will destroy your neighborhood and your American Dream." ~ Trump

PostPosted: 07/27/20 5:42 am • # 131 
Editorialist

From FB

One sentence stands out

Since the feds arrived the protests have grown to almost 30x the size they were when the feds showed up.

Hey all,

So update from the Portland front. Before I go any further I want to say that I'm gonna be ok and it was close but I am luckily not critically injured. And Black Lives Matter. Feel free to share this post.

A little after 1 AM last night the feds decided to try and push Portland out of the park across from the courthouse (which has been the focal point of the demonstrations since the feds arrived).

They came out hard with tear gas, pepperballs, and baton rounds and people scattered. I ended up down the street from a line of them, and began moving my way back and forth across the front line of protestors, helping evac a couple injured people and checking on others. I was clearly marked as a medic, with red crosses on both my legs, both my shoulders, two different places on my hat and across my med-pack. After a few minutes of standoff the Feds tossed a tear gas canister at a group of reporters and LOs that were at the corner of 3rd and Salmon filming them, about 15' away from the Feds line. I doused the canister with water from my bottle and stood up and began to check if any of them had been hit by the gas. I straightened up and was immediately struck directly in the chest just above the heart by a launched and burning tear gas canister. It took me off my feet and knocked the air out of my lungs.

My crew saw me go down and came and got me and carried me a block away to where other medics could start checking me out (get yourself some comrades who will run through a teargas cloud and a hail of rubber bullets to come get you, they're the best kind of friend in the world) and quickly determined I needed to go to the ER.

One of my boys was livestreaming when it happened, and while you can't see me get hit you can see me in the video before hand several times and then you can hear them running to me and moving me after he stuffed his phone into his pocket. It's intense but not overly graphic, so I think I encourage people to watch (and maybe more importantly listen as most of the video after I'm hit is just sort of indiscernible motion but the audio is super clear), so you can understand what is happening here and what the government of our country is unleashing on its people. If you don't want to watch the whole 10 minute clip I'd start it around the 7:30 mark.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CDGUFMgpVS ... hare_sheet

One of the Wall-of-Moms Mom's bundled me into her car and drove me across the river to the ER at Legacy Emanuel (god love
a mom). I got an extensive check-up, xrays and ekgs and the good news is nothing is broken or permanently damaged (and my heart held up like a champ and is all good for those of you worried about that!) so the official diagnosis is a severe chest wall contusion. I'm in a lot of pain but managing it (shoutout to vicodin), and immensely grateful it hit me where it did and not a couple of inches higher. Shoutout to James Krane for riding it out with me in the ER in the midst of a pandemic. And the photos below are his too, his insta is ripcityview (some of the best protest pics in the biz if you're looking!). First is me after I got hit, then the ER last night and the injury this morning.

I also want to note that I was one of at least five medics who was injured by the feds last night. They are clearly going after us incredibly intentionally, and they are using weapons that aren't designed to be shot at people to shot us with. There was absolutely no reason for them to view me as a threat. I wasn't yelling, I wasn't being aggressive, I wasn't doing anything threatening. I was standing off to the side on the sidewalk with some journalists holding a water bottle in my hand.

It was terrifying and scary. But here's the thing. Portland is kicking these fuckers ass right now. Since the feds arrived the protests have grown to almost 30x the size they were when the feds showed up. They come out with batons and pepper-balls and portlanders show up with hundreds of shields and form phalanxes and hold the line. They launch tear gas and people scoop the cans up with lacrosse sticks and toss them back at the feds while other people blow the gas back at them with leaf blowers and industrial fans. Gas masks and respirators are out of stock at every major supplier on the west coast (I got this from a hardware store owner in town who is trying to help supply demonstrators and is having to source his respirators from a company in Ohio because so many Portlanders are buying them up). They put snipers on the roof and they get chased down with flashlights and lasers. We are having ABSOLUTELY NONE of their white supremacist fascist bullshit. The RiotRibs people fire up the grills around 6 every night and they keep cooking til 4 or 5 AM and when the tear gas comes out they just put on respirators and keep on grilling, bumping old-school hip hop tunes on a portable sound system. The Feds are in way over their heads. There are 114 of them, and there are thousands and thousands of us. Every night I've been out they've escalated the scale and ferocity of their attacks and Portland just keeps showing up harder and harder, and staying clear and loud on the message that we are out here because Black Lives Matter. Despite all the violence and injuries and pain, people aren't scared. We believe that we will win, and there is solace in that certainty.

What scares me is these officers have no clue what they're doing. They are highly trained Border Patrol tactical troops and US Marshals, but most of them don't have protest training, and most of them haven't been trained on the weapons they're being asked to use either (this is per an internal DHS Memo by the way, not just random hearsay). Many of them at any given time are carrying live-round AR-15s. It makes them unpredictable, not because they are being clever but because they are doing shit that is illogical and makes no tactical sense. They're shooting weapons designed to explode overheard directly at people's chests. They're firing into crowds with things they can't aim. And they're doing it to black youth, and vets, and moms, and clergy members, and reporters, and medics. The first night I was there a vet at the fence around the courthouse went into a PTSD-induced catatonic attack when the first flashbang went off. Another medic and I ran to him and when we realized we couldn't move him (he was a big dude and clenched up tight in a ball), we tried to cover him with our bodies as the tear gas was going off. The feds response was to toss 7 more grenades over the fence directly at us, even though we were clearly no threat to them. All seven exploded within five feet of me. Later that evening I was treating a young woman who'd been hit in the hand with a canister. She told me she'd been hit in the head with a baton round two days before but came back because "what they don't understand is I'm ready to die for this shit. It's been too long, we're not letting it go away this time. I don't want to die, but if these fuckers kill me I'll know I died for something that fucking matters." It made me cry and she and I held each other for a minute as we moved out of the advancing cloud of tear gas. Despite Chad Wolfe's claim in a recent press conference that there were "no reports of injuries to demonstrators" hundreds of people each night are requiring medical care for gas, and dozens more for impact and burn injuries. But we keep coming. I've been treating anywhere from 15-50 people a night and I'm just one of the dozens of medics out here. You can taste the tear gas as soon as you get within a few blocks of the courthouse, it's been used so much it's just lingering in the air now. (Someone out there with an environmental or public health degree, there is a case study here with your name on it!)

These guys are out of control, they have no clear end goal, and they're losing. That's a scary combo.

So what is there to do?

1) If you can show up, show up. If you've never been before shoot me a message and we can talk safety. But if you can't show up on the ground (and there are a million valid reasons that may be) find another way to help. Every little bit counts.

2) Donate to orgs doing the work. Don't Shoot Portland is the best social justice group in town, the ACLU and Rosehips Medic collective are both doing powerful work. I'm also happy to take money directly and I'll make sure it goes to medical supplies and protective gear for folks on the ground. We're going through N95s and respirator filters faster than we can keep up with, and we keep running out of stuff like gauze and cold packs. (The first night I was here I actually ran out of supplies in my med bag, which has never happened to me before in the hundred some odd protests I've been to). My venmo is Nate-Cohen-3.

3) Call your congressional reps. The city of Portland gov isn't super useful at the mo, as the feds are just ignoring them, but call your congresspeople and senators and beg them to do something before these fuckers kill someone. The Oregon Congressional Delegation is working on various tactics to try and get it to stop, ask your reps to support whatever Senator Ron Wyden Senator Jeff Merkley and Congressmen Earl Blumenauer are working on.

4) Find Black-led orgs and businesses in your area and support them however you can. The big media narrative at the moment has been about the federal occupation, but on the ground for us this fight has always and continues to be a fight for Black Lives.
I'm gonna be out of commission for a couple days probably, but I'm gonna be back out as soon as I can. I'm so fucking proud of this city I could weep. Stay together stay tight, we'll do this every night. Black Lives Matter.

PostPosted: 07/27/20 7:27 am • # 132 
Administrator

How soon before a Tiananmen Square type incident?

PostPosted: 07/27/20 7:36 am • # 133 
Editorialist

PostPosted: 07/27/20 4:39 pm • # 134 
Editorialist

Quote:
Police: Richmond riots instigated by white supremacists disguised as Black Lives Matter

Riots in downtown Richmond over the weekend were instigated by white supremacists under the guise of Black Lives Matter, according to law enforcement officials.

Protesters tore down police tape and pushed forward toward Richmond police headquarters, where they set a city dump truck on fire.

Police declared the event an “unlawful assembly” and ordered people to leave, later deploying tear gas.

Six people were arrested. The mayor of Richmond thanked the Black Lives Matter protesters he said tried to stop the white supremacists from spearheading the violence.

“Their mission is simple, not the Richmond we know,” said Mayor Levar Stoney.

Besides the police department, damage also occurred in and around the VCU campus.

SOURCE

Quote:
Police chief believes Antifa, Boogaloo boys were at Richmond riot
'The origin of the flyer came from outside of Richmond'

The chief of police believes members of Antifa and the Boogaloo boys were part of the hundreds of people who marched to Richmond Police Headquarters Saturday night during a demonstration in support of protesters in Portland, Oregon. That group continued marching leaving a path of destruction that included windows shattered at restaurants, businesses and a Virginia Commonwealth University dorm.

"We have identified some individuals who have been seen with the Boogaloo boys and some Antifa groups around the area," Richmond Police Chief Gerald Smith said during a news conference Sunday afternoon. "The majority of those individuals who were there last night were Caucasian."

Smith also said that he believed some in the crowd were Antifa-influenced.

"And some of the individuals that we encountered were from outside of Richmond, Virginia, and some of the surrounding area," Smith noted.

Smith said ...

MORE>

PostPosted: 07/28/20 7:17 am • # 135 
Editorialist

From FB

Josh Fielder

I haven’t stood or marched in a formation in 22 years but tonight, I stood shoulder to shoulder with veterans from every service, of varying ages, and backgrounds. One was a Navy Captain who taught at the War College. One was a young Marine Captain who was in Afghanistan six months ago. There was an Army Infantry Major who wore her dress blues jacket. An ex Coast Guard skipper stood to my left. There were close to 75 of us and we formed a platoon sized group in column of threes. My muscle memory snapped to when I heard, “Detail, attenSHUN!!” By that time, right face and forward harch were already cued in my mind and my chest stuck out when we began to march.

When we entered the protest area, cheers erupted, and they made space for us up front, against the fence. When we were called to halt, and then left face, I was staring directly at the door they said the federal agents had been coming through previously when they’ve decided to disperse the crowds. My brothers and sisters and I stood silently at the position of parade rest for 90 minutes.
I had plenty of time to hear the chants, see the protestors, read their signs, see their eyes, hear their words. Union workers, moms, teachers, dads, hospital workers, veterans, press, young, old, every color under the sun and every walk of life were represented in solidarity. Their voices were loud and their message was clear.

I love that I got to be there and participate, even if it was silently. We were not there to speak for anyone. Only to make sure those who needed to be heard were allowed to speak. I love that I got to see firsthand what was going on in this city I’ve adopted as home. And I’m proud to have been part of it, even when the tear gas and explosions began.

They estimated 5000 people in attendance tonight and I’m proud to count myself as one of them. And I’ll be proud to do it again.

PostPosted: 07/29/20 6:43 am • # 136 
Administrator

Umbrella Man: Minneapolis suspect linked to white supremacists

Police in Minneapolis say a man known as "Umbrella Man", seen damaging property in the city during the Black Lives Matter protests, has links to white supremacy groups.

People took to the city's streets following the death there in May of George Floyd, an unarmed black man.

Police say Umbrella Man helped turn the largely peaceful protests violent.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53579099

PostPosted: 07/29/20 9:58 am • # 137 
Editorialist

Watch Rep. Pramila Jayapal Expertly Cut to the Heart of William Barr’s Hypocrisy
“I’m starting to lose my temper,” Jayapal said as the attorney general tried to interrupt her

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... y-1035254/

PostPosted: 07/30/20 5:15 am • # 138 
Editorialist

On July 21, Federal Protective Service (FPS) Deputy Director of Operations Richard Cline said that three federal agents had been blinded by demonstrators who directed laser pointers into the agents' eyes. However, ProPublica reports that by July 24, "the most serious injury detailed in federal charging documents was an agent who reported seeing spots in his eyes for 15 minutes after the laser attack."

Jailed Portland Protesters Must Agree to Stop Going to Protests to Be Freed
BY DANIEL VILLARREAL

At least 12 Black Lives Matter protesters arrested during the ongoing demonstrations in Portland, Oregon have been told not to attend protests as a condition of their release from jail, something which may be a violation of their First Amendment rights to free speech and assembly.

"Defendant may not attend any other protests, rallies, assemblies or public gathering in the state of Oregon," states a document entitled "Order Setting Conditions of Release." The document is given to arrested protesters to sign before they're allowed out of jail.

Though the conditional release orders were signed by Magistrate Judges John V. Acosta and Jolie A. Russo of the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, it's unclear whether the magistrates or Justice Department officials added the condition forbidding arrestees to attend future protests or public gatherings.

Several of the orders had the condition written on it before being given to a magistrate for signing, according to the investigative journalism nonprofit ProPublica.

Some of the orders forbid defendants from attending protests in all of Oregon, while others only forbid protests in Portland or don't specify any geographic area whatsoever, stating, "Do not participate in any protests, demonstrations, rallies, assemblies while this case is pending."

Several protesters told ProPublica that they felt they had to accept the conditional release or else remain imprisoned indefinitely. Many of the protesters facing these conditional releases were often charged with petty offenses such as "failing to obey a lawful order" or "disorderly conduct."

Protesters not specifically banned from protesting are either given ...

MORE>

PostPosted: 07/30/20 5:28 am • # 139 
Administrator

Quote:
remain imprisoned indefinitely

First, it was alleged terrorists in GITMO....

PostPosted: 07/30/20 9:53 am • # 140 
Editorialist

Trump says veterans’ ‘wall’ of protectors and ‘line of innocent mothers’ were ‘anarchists who hate our country’
Sarah K. Burris

President Donald Trump is desperately trying to win a “law and order” campaign, but to do so he has to paint Black Lives Matter protesters as a group of violent anti-American attackers. The video footage not only doesn’t support it, it’s working against him.

Over the weekend in Portland veterans from every branch of service lined up to protect Black Lives Matter protesters as Trump’s federal troops tear-gassed and beat protesters....

MORE>

PostPosted: 07/30/20 10:21 am • # 141 
Administrator

Must be why the feds are quietly withdrawing those troops.

PostPosted: 08/04/20 4:16 am • # 142 
Editorialist

Why the US Military Usually Punishes Misconduct but Police Often Close Ranks
No ‘blue wall of silence:’ A military lawyer explains why the US armed forces take accountability and justice seriously.

Dwight Stirling

Many U.S. military members publicly disavowed President Trump’s decision to pardon Edward Gallagher, the former SEAL commando convicted of killing a teenage detainee in Iraq in 2017.

Gallagher’s alleged war crimes were nearly universally condemned up the chain of command, from enlisted men to Navy Secretary Richard Spencer. Indeed, it was Gallagher’s SEAL colleagues who reported the former commando’s actions.

This insistence on holding fellow service members accountable for bad behavior sharply differentiates the military from the police.

When police are revealed to have killed an unarmed suspect or used excessive force during arrest, police generally defend those actions. Cops who report wrongdoing are routinely ostracized as “rats” and denied promotions, according to a 1998 Human Rights Watch study. Researchers identify this so-called “blue wall of silence” – the refusal to “snitch” on other officers – as a defining feature of U.S. cop culture today.

Yet both soldiers and police officers put their lives on the line for their team every day. So what explains ...

MORE>

PostPosted: 08/04/20 12:17 pm • # 143 
Editorialist

Pretty hard to argue this isn't murder

EXCLUSIVE: Police bodycam footage shows moment-by-moment arrest of George Floyd for the first time - from terror on his face when officer points gun at his head, sobbing before he's shoved into squad car and begging to breathe as his life drains away

WARNING: DISTURBING CONTENT
    The terror on George Floyd's face as a rookie cop points a gun at his head while he sits in his car can be seen today for the first time
    DailyMail.com has exclusively obtained video from the bodycams of officers Thomas Lane and Alex Kueng, who were part of Floyd's fatal arrest on Memorial Day in Minneapolis

Floyd died after Officer Derek Chauvin kneeled on his neck for nearly nine minutes on May 25

The tapes show in minute detail how Floyd begs 'Mr. Officer, please don't shoot me. Please man,' before the struggle that ended with his death

It also shows how Floyd resisted as the cops tried to force him into the back of the squad car, telling them he suffers from claustrophobia and anxiety

The video begins with Lane knocking on Floyd's car window with a flashlight and once Floyd opens the door, Lane pulls out his gun and points it at Floyd's head

Floyd, 46, begs him not to shoot, saying: ''I'll look at you eye-to-eye. Please don't shoot me man. I just lost my mom, man'
    He sobs as the officers pull him out of the car and handcuff him, as his ex suggests he was undergoing mental problems and was afraid of police

After the struggle to get Floyd in the cop car, he is suddenly on the sidewalk with Chauvin's knee on his neck
    Floyd says he can't breathe over and over again and calls for his 'momma' but his voice slowly gets weaker as his life drains away, even saying 'I'll probably just die this way'

By MARTIN GOULD

Bodycam footage from two cops accused in the murder of George Floyd is revealed exclusively by DailyMail.com today — and it shows a rookie officer terrifying Floyd by pointing a handgun at his head and another callously picking a pebble from the squad car tire just inches from the dying man and seconds before he draws his last breath.

The tapes show in minute detail how a very distressed Floyd begs 'Mr. Officer, please don't shoot me. Please man,' before the struggle that ended with his death on May 25.

It also shows how ...

MORE including pics and vid

PostPosted: 08/04/20 1:55 pm • # 144 
Administrator

So Mr. Floyd was murdered.

PostPosted: 08/04/20 3:52 pm • # 145 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
So Mr. Floyd was murdered.

Hard to argue he wasn't

PostPosted: 08/04/20 3:54 pm • # 146 
Editorialist

Quote:
Racist cops? Teen girl snatched from black guardians by Houston PD

In what looks yet another cut and dry case of racial profiling by uniformed officers, Houston police snatched a white 13-year-old girl away from her black teachers -her legal guardians at the time- and whisked her away to child protection services.

Landry Thompson and dance instructor Emmanuel Hurd, both from Oklahoma, had travelled to Houston to attend a dance workshop and had stopped in to a gas station in the evening, on the way back to their hotel.

As they were getting their bearings on the car's GPS, Hurd dozed off. Moments later police arrived and surrounded the group's car.

Thompson and Hurd say police then yanked them from the vehicle without warning or explanation. According to Hurd, both dance teachers were ordered to put their hands behind their backs.

Officers then put handcuffs on Thompson and sat her in the back of a patrol car before taking her to state child protection services.

After repeated calls to authorities from her her mother, Thompson was eventually released back to Hurd. Houston police have not offered an explanation for their actions.

PostPosted: 08/27/20 5:08 am • # 147 
Editorialist

Quote:
... for North American pro sports, this is new. This is groundbreaking, whether you agree with the efforts or not. This has never happened before.Rather than start a new thread I'm going to post this here

SIMMONS: Boycotts over Wisconsin shooting a groundbreaking moment in pro sports

Steve Simmons

The giant men of professional basketball took a sports-altering leap on Wednesday afternoon, beginning with the Milwaukee Bucks’ boycott of an NBA playoff game — the team’s way of protesting the Wisconsin police shooting of Black man Jacob Blake.

The postponement of Game 5 of the Bucks-Orlando Magic playoff series was followed by the cancellation shortly thereafter of the rest of the NBA schedule for Wednesday night.

It isn’t known at this time if Game 1 of the Toronto Raptors-Boston Celtics playoff series, scheduled for Thursday night, will be played.

The NBA issued a release late Wednesday afternoon indicating all cancelled games will be rescheduled.

None of the players on the Bucks were available for comment yesterday. But veteran George Hill told Marc Spears of ESPN: “We’re tired of the killings and the injustice.”

The boycott by the Bucks — followed in line by other teams in the NBA and then followed in line by the cancellation of the Milwaukee Brewers baseball game and possibly other MLB games — represented a first of its kind in North American professional sports. There have been individual games cancelled throughout history for a variety of reasons, from weather to politics to health. But never anything player-endorsed, political, by a team or by a league’s players.

This was what NBA players expressed recently: They are tired of talking about Black Lives Matters, about anti-Black police brutality in America, and wearing Black Lives Matters T-shirts and representing a cause, but not really acting in any issue-altering way.

Most social and political protests made by athletes over the years have come in individual sports. Boxer Muhammad Ali was best known for taking his stance against the Vietnam war in the 1960s and went on to become one of the most beloved athletes in history.

American Olympic sprinters John Carlos and Tommie Smith became best-known or infamous for their salute of Black Power at the 1968 Olympic Games in Mexico City. Countries such as Canada and the U.S. have boycotted the Olympics as recently as 1980, when the Summer Games were held in Russia. And, certainly, quarterback Colin Kaepernick took a knee during the American national anthem in recent years, which cost him his career in the NFL.

But for North American pro sports, this is new. This is groundbreaking, whether you agree with the efforts or not. This has never happened before.

“This is bigger than ...

MORE>

PostPosted: 08/27/20 11:16 am • # 148 
Editorialist

Quote:
BrooklynDad_Defiant! @mmpadellan

Some folks are upset because the #NBABoycott will cause them to miss some playoff games.

Meanwhile, other folks are upset because they are missing their children, due to them being killed by cops.

You'll see the make-up games.

They won't see their kids again.

https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/1 ... 2CZowaLX3s

Quote:
Grateful Seconds @gratefulseconds

Replying to
@mmpadellan
If you are unarmed and black with your 3 little kids in your car, you can get shot seven times in the back

If you are white and murder two people with a big gun, you can simply walk past multiple police cars and go home

Something needs to be done

PostPosted: 09/01/20 3:56 am • # 149 
Editorialist

Trump storms out of press conference after pressed on his support for alleged Kenosha shooter
WATCH: Trump grilled on supporter Kylen Rittenhouse

TOM BOGGIONI

President Donald Trump on Monday was grilled about why he has not condemned supporter Kyle Rittenhouse, who has been charged for murder after traveling across state lines to confront Black Lives Matter protesters, allegedly shooting three and killing two.

Trump, however, defended Rittenhouse.

"That was an interesting situation," said Trump. "He was trying to get away from them … and then they very violently attacked him."

CNN's Kaitlan Collins attempted to question Trump on the topic, but was cut off. Reporters shouted after Trump as he left the room.

"I couldn't even really ask him a fully-formed question," Collins said on CNN, following the press conference:

vid at source

MORE>

PostPosted: 09/01/20 4:06 am • # 150 
Editorialist

Quote:
Trump did not acknowledge that in the video he describes, Rittenhouse had already killed someone, which prompted protesters to pursue him.

When Trump Was Asked to Condemn Kyle Rittenhouse's Murder of Two Protesters, He Defended Him Instead

Evan Brechtel

On the third night of protests against Jacob Blake's shooting by police in Kenosha, 17 year old Trump supporter Kyle Rittenhouse drove across state lines with an assault weapon and killed two protesters, injuring a third.

Rittenhouse was permitted by police to leave the scene after the shooting—demonstrating for many the preferential treatment law enforcement extends to white people. He was arrested at his home in Illinois the following day.

Details of the shooting are still unfolding, but it's confirmed that Rittenhouse shot protester Joseph Rosenbaum before running away. He was pursued by protesters attempting to disarm him. Among them was Anthony Huber, who hit Rittenhouse with his skateboard before Rittenhouse opened fire, killing Huber.

At a press conference on Monday, President Donald Trump condemned the killing of Trump supporter Aaron 'Jay' Danielson in Portland, Oregon this past Saturday.

After attributing Danielson's murder to Democrats, Trump condemned the violence against Danielson at length.

Almost immediately after, he was asked ...

MORE>

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next   Page 6 of 9   [ 224 posts ] New Topic Add Reply