It is currently 04/24/24 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 39  Next   Page 25 of 39   [ 961 posts ]
 Post subject: Re: Election "stuff"
PostPosted: 02/02/21 7:22 pm • # 601 
Editorialist

Sorry, Republicans, but there's no way to acquit Trump without endorsing his insurrection
Trump's new loyalty test makes it clear: Republicans who vote to acquit are siding with the insurrectionists

https://www.salon.com/2021/02/01/sorry- ... urrection/

PostPosted: 02/02/21 8:23 pm • # 602 
Editorialist

I heard someone interviewed about the prosecution's case against Trump. he claimed it was devastating. I have every reason to expect that it is.

PostPosted: 02/02/21 11:04 pm • # 603 
Editorialist

Lindsay Graham is screeching about how there can be no witnesses in the upcoming impeachment trial because it will lead to FBI investigations. Apparently in GOP circles this is not expected to be a good thing.

PostPosted: 02/03/21 8:05 am • # 604 
Editorialist

macroscopic wrote:
I heard someone interviewed about the prosecution's case against Trump. he claimed it was devastating. I have every reason to expect that it is.

But it really doesn't matter how strong the case is, does it? It should matter, but we already know the GOP will not allow a conviction. They've already targeted every house GOP member who voted in favor of impeachment.

PostPosted: 02/03/21 8:54 am • # 605 
Editorialist

Trump doubles down on false election claim in impeachment response
House impeachment managers said that the ex-president is unmistakably responsible for the Capitol attack.

The legal battle over Donald Trump’s impeachment trial kicked off Tuesday, with the House managers arguing the former president bears “unmistakable” responsibility for the deadly Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, and Trump’s team advancing his false claims about the election.

A week before the Senate is slated to put the former president on trial for a second time, the House’s first legal brief outlines a weekslong campaign by Trump to overturn President Joe Biden’s Electoral College victory based on unsubstantiated claims of election fraud — culminating in the insurrection at the Capitol while lawmakers were ...

MORE>

PostPosted: 02/03/21 8:59 am • # 606 
Editorialist

White privilege

Quote:
A woman arrested for breaching the Capitol during the riots and who said, “I would do it again in a heartbeat because I did not break any laws,” is being allowed by a judge to take a break from insurrection to go on a Mexican vacation...

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/statu ... 9878091779

Quote:
Under the conditions of her release, Jenny Cudd is considered too dangerous to be allowed to travel to Washington, DC, but not too dangerous to leave the country for a “bonding trip” with co-workers

PostPosted: 02/03/21 11:29 am • # 607 
Editorialist

Quote:
Hundreds of Democratic congressional aides will issue a rare public appeal on Wednesday urging senators to convict Donald Trump for inciting the Capitol mob. The personal letter describes how staff members barricaded themselves in offices during the attack.

In Rare Public Statement, Congressional Aides Call for Trump’s Conviction
More than 370 Democratic aides issued an unusual public appeal, notable because congressional staff members rarely publicly express their own views.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/03/us/p ... hment.html

PostPosted: 02/03/21 12:20 pm • # 608 
Editorialist

According to a later tweet by the same woman, the story in post 606 is not true.

PostPosted: 02/03/21 12:25 pm • # 609 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
According to a later tweet by the same woman, the story in post 606 is not true.

Following up on that post. According to the media she has asked the courts for permission to go - all I've been able to find is one article that says the judge hasn't ruled on it yet.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jenny+c ... e&ie=UTF-8

PostPosted: 02/03/21 8:16 pm • # 610 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
macroscopic wrote:

But it really doesn't matter how strong the case is, does it? It should matter, but we already know the GOP will not allow a conviction. They've already targeted every house GOP member who voted in favor of impeachment.

sure it matters. it matters for the same reason that the Scopes Monkey Trial matters- to put a marker in the mud and say "never again".

otherwise, we just forget about it.

PostPosted: 02/04/21 12:02 pm • # 611 
Editorialist

POLITICSDonald Trump Raked in a Whopping $76 Million to Challenge His Loss and Aid Georgia Runoff Elections. He Spent Not One Dime on the Causes He Cited.

https://tplnews.com/donald-trump-raked- ... -he-cited/

PostPosted: 02/04/21 12:55 pm • # 612 
Editorialist

Trump asked to testify under oath for impeachment trial
By Eric Tucker, Mary Clare Jalonick and Jill Colvin

U.S. House Democrats on Thursday asked former President Donald Trump to testify under oath for his Senate impeachment trial.

A Trump adviser did not immediately return a message seeking comment about the letter from House impeachment managers.

The Senate impeachment trial starts in earnest on February 9. Trump is charged with ...

MORE>

Question - in a "normal" trial Trump could refuse to appear. Does he have the same right in an impeachment trial?

PostPosted: 02/04/21 2:26 pm • # 613 
Administrator

Quote:
Question - in a "normal" trial Trump could refuse to appear. Does he have the same right in an impeachment trial?

Esp. since he's no longer Presidunce.

PostPosted: 02/04/21 2:54 pm • # 614 
Editorialist

Facing Hearing on Capitol Riot, Trump Resigns From Film and TV Union
Top officials at SAG-AFTRA had cited the former president for his role in inciting the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol last month. With a disciplinary hearing looming, Mr. Trump made his exit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/04/arts ... guild.html

PostPosted: 02/04/21 7:07 pm • # 615 
Editorialist

macroscopic wrote:
Chaos333 wrote:
macroscopic wrote:

sure it matters. it matters for the same reason that the Scopes Monkey Trial matters- to put a marker in the mud and say "never again".

otherwise, we just forget about it.

I get that. But his first impeachment didn't seem to change anything about how the GOP did business, and it certainly didn't alter the behavior of the obnoxious and dangerous Trump. In fact, it made him even more willing to be vile.

I'm not saying they shouldn't proceed. I'm just saying the facts of the case don't seem to matter to most GOP Senators.

PostPosted: 02/04/21 7:56 pm • # 616 
Editorialist

There's a good chance the Republican's performance during the last trial was a major reason they lost the election. Doing something just as stupid now, or trying to twist the case to make it some kind of constitutional referendum is not going to make them any friends.

PostPosted: 02/06/21 12:48 am • # 617 
Editorialist

if there was ANY kind of a conspiracy, it is going to come out.
and I think there was.
if it involves TRUMP, he is going to end up in prison.
I doubt that will happen.
he usually finds people to do the dirty work for him.

PostPosted: 02/06/21 1:30 am • # 618 
Editorialist

There's several pictures of Roger Stone hanging out with the Proud Boys just before the riot. If there was any dirty work to be done Roger's his man.

PostPosted: 02/06/21 6:35 am • # 619 
Editorialist

"I don't even know what it is." ~ House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, on QAnon

PostPosted: 02/06/21 5:12 pm • # 620 
Editorialist

Despite McCarthy claiming ignorance of QAnon, he has referenced it in past interviews. In an Aug. 20 interview with Fox News’s Shannon Bream, McCarthy condemned the extremist ideology.

“Let me be very clear, there is no place for QAnon in the Republican Party. I do not support it,” he said.

PostPosted: 02/07/21 5:50 pm • # 621 
Editorialist

Ron Johnson spreads lies to defend Trump, tries to blame Capitol attack on Pelosi

https://occupydemocrats.com/2021/02/07/ ... on-pelosi/

PostPosted: 02/08/21 7:03 am • # 622 
Editorialist

"The media...is just as guilty as QAnon of presenting truth and lies to divide us." ~ Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene at press conference

"That was so good I almost had to smoke a cigarette afterwards." ~ Rep. Matt Gaetz, on Greene's presser

PostPosted: 02/08/21 1:42 pm • # 623 
Editorialist

"The media...is just as guilty as QAnon of presenting truth and lies to divide us." ~ Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene at press conference

With Fox giving a platform to people like Senator Johnson in the post above, Marjorie Taylor Greene is absolutely right. With Fox, who needs QAnon.

PostPosted: 02/08/21 6:42 pm • # 624 
Editorialist

PostPosted: 02/08/21 8:47 pm • # 625 
Editorialist

thanks, Raul Duke.
my heart feels like an alligator.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 39  Next   Page 25 of 39   [ 961 posts ] New Topic Add Reply