It is currently 04/28/24 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]
PostPosted: 09/09/20 5:32 am • # 1 
Editorialist

BREAKING: COVER-UP BARR STRIKES AGAIN: In a highly unusual legal maneuver, Trump and Barr's Department of Justice has moved to replace President Trump’s private lawyers and defend him against a defamation suit brought in state court by the author E. Jean Carroll, who has accused him of raping her in the 1990s.

U.S. Justice Dept. seeks to defend Trump in lawsuit from alleged rape victim

By Jennifer Peltz

The Justice Department is asking to take over U.S. President Donald Trump‘s defence in a defamation lawsuit from a writer who accused him of rape, and federal lawyers asked a court Tuesday to allow a move that could put the American people on the hook for any money she might be awarded.

After New York state courts turned down Trump’s request to delay E. Jean Carroll’s suit, Justice Department lawyers filed court papers aiming to shift the case into federal court and to substitute the U.S. for Trump as the defendant. That means the federal government, rather than Trump himself, might have to pay damages if any are awarded.

The move to intervene is in keeping with a Justice Department that time and again has advanced a broad vision of executive power and has moved to shield Trump from legal exposure, most notably by arguing that ...

MORE>

PostPosted: 09/09/20 6:54 am • # 2 
Editorialist

This so absurd if Barr gets away with it. The republicans and his administration do not even feign their loyalty to him or how they put him before party and the citizens, and why should they have to? They seem to get away with everything as they know how to connive, distort, and find all the wiggle room to get their way, and his base eats it up. Makes me sick at heart.

PostPosted: 09/09/20 6:56 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Hopefully there will be a reckoning come Nov. 3

PostPosted: 09/09/20 7:01 am • # 4 
Administrator

You are not alone, Kb. Barr's name will be in the history books one day, together with the rest of the high-level Trump cultists.

PostPosted: 09/09/20 7:58 am • # 5 
Administrator

PostPosted: 09/09/20 8:26 am • # 6 
Editorialist

#5 Exactly. . .

Cm, just hope trump and his cohorts do not find a way to rig the elections in their favor, scares me to think they can.

Jabra -- I hope history comes down on them all ever harder than trump. He can't help what he is doing, his brain is wired all screwy. He's not aware of the destruction he is causing - he thinks he is a hero, a fixer upper, even as 'Rome' burns. The rest though, Barr, McConnell, the slew of others enabling him are worse because they know exactly what they are doing for personal gain.

PostPosted: 09/09/20 9:11 am • # 7 
Administrator

But what is in it for Barr? Utter destruction of at least a hint of professional reputation? A free condo in a Trump tower?
There has to be something incriminating over Barr's head.

PostPosted: 09/09/20 10:24 am • # 8 
Administrator

jabra2 wrote:
But what is in it for Barr? Utter destruction of at least a hint of professional reputation? A free condo in a Trump tower?

Trumplicans aren't above blackmail.

PostPosted: 09/09/20 11:28 am • # 9 
Editorialist

jabra2 wrote:

I thought of that too. Outside of job security for the time being it does not make much sense, because even then he is excessive in his boot licking.

PostPosted: 09/09/20 11:37 am • # 10 
Administrator

I don't believe he'll be kept on in a Biden administration.
And that's the good thoughts I'm sending your ways for today.

PostPosted: 09/09/20 11:56 am • # 11 
Editorialist

jabra2 wrote:
I don't believe he'll be kept on in a Biden administration.
And that's the good thoughts I'm sending your ways for today.

Thank you- - any political good thoughts highly appreciated :)

PostPosted: 09/10/20 9:33 pm • # 12 
Administrator

:D :fl

PostPosted: 09/13/20 1:56 pm • # 13 
Editorialist

How’s This For Corruption?
Yet we wonder how Trump voters will react to the latest outlandish legal action by the President. Or if they’ll react at all…

Eric J Scholl

Even we will admit the outrage we feel right now is tempered by the sense that this will end up being no more than just another distraction. But one day — and it’s got to be soon — maybe people will start adding all this kind of stuff up until they have no choice but to be convinced it just isn’t normal or right. Right?

If you haven’t heard by now, the Justice Department is taking over defense of a civil suit against the President. In other words, the U.S. government will be Trump’s lawyer now in an alleged rape-related defamation case against him, not his own personal lawyers.

It’s a little complicated because the case is not expressly about the accusation of rape against Trump that allegedly occurred 20 years ago in a dressing room at a now defunct New York department store.

It’s about the fact that Trump accused his accuser, E. Jean Carroll, of “totally lying”, and claimed “I have no idea who she is.” Even though as seems to always be the case, there’s a photo of them together, which she included in a New York Magazine article last year detailing what she says happened with Trump.

So she sued him for defamation. Trump threw in for good measure as further “proof” he didn’t do it that Carroll is “not my type” anyhow. How he actually put it in an interview with The Hill even more clearly establishes ...

MORE>

PostPosted: 09/14/20 8:34 am • # 14 
Administrator

Quote:
Yet we wonder how Trump voters will react

I don't. Have they reacted to anything else yet?
See, there ya go.

PostPosted: 10/16/22 12:23 pm • # 15 
Editorialist

TAKE A SEAT: Trump ordered to answer to E. Jean Carroll’s rape accusations
TARA DUBLIN

A federal judge has rejected former president Donald Trump’s attempt to “pause” his deposition in a defamation lawsuit scheduled for later this month, saying Trump’s efforts to delay the case are “inexcusable.”

Trump is scheduled to be deposed under oath on October 19th in the defamation lawsuit brought by E. Jean Carroll, the former Elle magazine advice columnist and author who accused Trump of raping her in a Bergdorf Goodman’s dressing room in Manhattan in the mid-1990s.

Trump has denied the allegations while doing all he can to delay appearing in court. Carroll sued Trump for defamation in 2019 after he denied raping her by saying that ...

https://washingtonpress.com/2022/10/15/ ... cusations/

Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ] New Topic Add Reply