It is currently 04/28/24 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next   Page 12 of 14   [ 334 posts ]
 Post subject: Re: Elliot Page
PostPosted: 04/30/22 1:37 am • # 276 
Editorialist

Ok, I knew I didn't explain it right. I am not talking about individual labels. Call yourself whatever the hell you want. I am talking about the initialism. The "2SLGBTQ+ ". I can just imagine a speaker at a conference on rights or a news reporter stumbling over that one. They were having a hard enough time getting out the "LGBTQ" before, which I think started out as LGBT. Imo, it's distracting from what they are trying to accomplish. That's what I meant by divisive. Ok, I hope that makes it a little more clear. Carry on. :b

PostPosted: 05/15/22 11:15 am • # 277 
Editorialist

Quote:
TX Supreme Court rules governor can’t order parents of trans kids be investigated for child abuse
Gov. Greg Abbott wanted trans kids taken away from their supportive parents, but the court said he doesn't have to power to do that.

By Alex Bollinger

LGBTQ advocates are celebrating as the Texas Supreme Court ruled that Gov. Greg Abbott (R) and Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) do not have the authority to force the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) to investigate the supportive parents of transgender children.

“Today’s decision is a win for our clients and the rule of law,” the ACLU, ACLU of Texas, and Lambda Legal said in a joint statement. “The Texas Supreme Court made clear that the attorney general and governor do not have the authority to order DFPS to take any action against families that support their children by providing them with the highest standards of medical care.”

This past February, Paxton issued a non-binding opinion that parents who allow their trans kids access to gender-affirming care are violating the children’s constitutional rights. Abbott cited that opinion when he ordered DFPS to investigate the parents of transgender kids for child abuse if they let their kids have access to puberty blockers or hormones.

Puberty blockers are medications that ...

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/05/tx- ... ild-abuse/

In addition "... the part of Abbott’s order that required mandatory reporters – like teachers and pediatricians – to report the parents of transgender children for child abuse can’t take effect."

Quote:
Beto O’Rourke stands up for trans youth & their families on Seth Meyers
"These parents are the most loving parents you'll find anywhere."

By Alex Bollinger

Texas gubernatorial candidate and former Rep. Beto O’Rourke talked about the importance of supportive parents to their transgender children on Late Night with Seth Meyers.

“These parents are the most loving parents you’ll find anywhere,” O’Rourke said. “They’re doing their best to help their kid navigate this incredibly difficult time in their lives.”

“They’re searching for answers, just loving the hell out of them, just trying to make sure that they’re ok, and our governor, Greg Abbott, is proposing charging them with child abuse, and if that charge is sustained, not only taking their trans kid from them, but every other child in the household, placing them in a foster care system in Texas that is the worst-run in the country, where 100 kids in that system died last year in the custody and the care of the state of Texas,” O’Rourke said.

The parents of transgender children have been relentlessly attacked for the past several years, attacks that escalated in February when Gov. Abbott (R) ordered the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services to investigate the parents of transgender children for child abuse.

His order was based on a bizarre, non-binding opinion from Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) that said that ...

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/05/bet ... th-meyers/

Unfortunately Texas is so "conservative" the O'Rourke doesn't stand a chance of winning the election.

Quote:
Beto O’Rourke cooked burgers for a family with a trans kid on Mother’s Day
Texas families and their trans kids are under attack by the state's bigoted governor. Beto O'Rourke wants the attacks to end once and for all.

By Daniel Villarreal

The Briggle family got a Mother’s Day surprise on Sunday when Texas Democratic gubernatorial candidate Beto O’Rourke showed up to their home to cook burgers, broccoli, and potatoes for the family.

O’Rourke specifically visited them to discuss the transphobic policies that Republican Gov. Greg Abbott has used to attack families like the Briggles, including an order for ...

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/05/bet ... thers-day/

PostPosted: 05/15/22 4:31 pm • # 278 
Editorialist

Mom founds church to protect her trans son’s rights
When Tiffany Holloway's trans teenager said he'd kill himself if his state outlawed gender-affirming care, she decided to fight back with love and community support.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/05/mom ... ns-rights/

PostPosted: 06/09/22 3:28 pm • # 279 
Editorialist

Opinion: Biological Science Rejects The Sex Binary, And That’s Good For Humanity

https://www.iflscience.com/opinion-biol ... nity-63770

PostPosted: 06/12/22 6:26 am • # 280 
Editorialist

Legendary author Neil Gaiman schools trolls on they/them pronouns after anti-trans ‘self-own’

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/12/13/n ... hem-trans/

PostPosted: 06/16/22 11:31 am • # 281 
Editorialist

How very "Fox" of them

Fox Sports Called Out After Airing Different First Pitch Instead Of Trans 'Jeopardy!' Champ's Pitch

https://www.comicsands.com/fox-sports-t ... 19114.html

Maybe they just thought their viewers were too dumb to notice?

PostPosted: 06/16/22 1:41 pm • # 282 
Editorialist

Graduating Students Hand College President Pride Flags Over Anti-LGBT Rules
MATT KEELEY

Students graduating from Seattle Pacific University (SPU) were seen giving the president of the school LGBT pride flags as part of a protest against the school's ban on allowing full-time staff to be in same-sex relationships.

The video was posted Monday to TikTok by the account @EngaygeTheCulture, which is run by the Associated Students of Seattle Pacific (ASSP), the group leading the SPU protest.

The clip—simply a montage of students handing over the flags and receiving their diplomas—is captioned "POV: the president of your university thinks being LGBTQ+ is a 'lifestyle choice' and a 'morality issue' so you decide to give him a gift at graduation," and has received nearly 2 million views.

"It was a wonderful day to celebrate with our graduates. Those who took the time to give me a flag showed me how they felt and I respect their view," SPU Interim President Pete Menjares told Newsweek.

PostPosted: 06/17/22 10:32 am • # 283 
Editorialist

Shhh ... don't tell them

PostPosted: 06/17/22 11:38 am • # 284 
Editorialist

shiftless2 wrote:
How very "Fox" of them

Fox Sports Called Out After Airing Different First Pitch Instead Of Trans 'Jeopardy!' Champ's Pitch

https://www.comicsands.com/fox-sports-t ... 19114.html

Maybe they just thought their viewers were too dumb to notice?

In My local market, the Fox affiliate airs Jeopardy every day. Amy had a good long run on Fox.

PostPosted: 06/17/22 1:31 pm • # 285 
Editorialist

queenoftheuniverse wrote:
Amy had a good long run on Fox.

Not that they had a lot of choice. But this is Fox Sports, not Jeopardy.

PostPosted: 06/18/22 5:24 pm • # 286 
Editorialist

Ted Cruz loses it over "lesbian toys" and Disney's new "Lightyear" film
"Most toys are, kinda, androgynous. They're usually without genitalia"

SKY PALMA

uring a segment on his podcast The Verdict, Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz lamented "woke Disney" for what he says is its promotion gay characters, namely the "lesbian toys" featured in the new Buzz Lightyear movie.

"Now, never mind that the last time I checked, most toys are kinda androgynous -- they're usually without genitalia ... " Cruz told his co-host, conservative commentator Michael Knowles, adding that the movie has "now been banned in 14 countries," including possibly China.

"I gotta say, it's a wild twist when Hollywood has been willing to grovel to China and let China censor its movies, to embrace anti-Americanism, to avoid any criticism of China because they want to get access to the Chinese movie market, but when it comes to their culture agenda, apparently now they've suddenly discovered, 'Alright, give up the money because lesbian toys are more important."

More than a dozen Muslim-majority countries have refused to show "Lightyear" -- a sci-fi spin-off from the Pixar classic "Toy Story", set for global release on Friday -- in opposition to the marriage between two female side characters.

"We had been warned this would be a likely outcome," producer Galyn Susman told AFP in a Zoom interview.

"We weren't going to change the movie we wanted to make just because ...

https://www.salon.com/2022/06/17/ted-cr ... m_partner/

PostPosted: 06/19/22 6:45 am • # 287 
Editorialist

Biden Order: It Is the Policy of the U.S. Gov’t. to ‘Defend the Rights and Safety of LGBTQI+ Individuals’
David Badash

President Joe Biden has declared it is the policy of the United States Government to defend the “rights and safety” of LGBTQI+ individuals in a historic executive order that encompasses several executive branch agencies and extends that policy into international areas. It effectively directs the federal government to use its resources to work to ban dangerous and harmful “conversion therapy” – not just in the U.S. but “around the world,” and to support and protect LGBTQIA+ youth and older LGBTQIA+ individuals in areas including health care, education, housing, and justice.

“LGBTQI+ individuals and families still face systemic discrimination and barriers to full participation in our Nation’s economic and civic life,” states President Biden’s executive order, which he signed at a White House LGBTQ Pride Month celebration Wednesday. “These disparities and barriers can be the greatest for transgender people and LGBTQI+ people of color. Today, unrelenting political and legislative attacks at the State level — on LGBTQI+ children and families in particular — threaten the civil rights gains of the last half century and put LGBTQI+ people at risk. These attacks defy our American values of ...

https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.c ... dividuals/

PostPosted: 06/19/22 2:16 pm • # 288 
Administrator

Fina bars transgender swimmers from women's elite events if they went through male puberty

https://www.bbc.com/sport/swimming/6185 ... gn=KARANGA

PostPosted: 06/21/22 5:42 am • # 289 
Editorialist

Elon Musk’s daughter says she is trans and wants nothing to do with her father
EMILY CHUDY

Elon Musk’s daughter has reportedly filed for a name change, explaining that she is trans and no longer wants a relationship with her father.

The Tesla tycoon’s daughter from his first marriage to Justine Wilson has filed a petition to change her name, citing that she does not “wish to be related to my biological father in any way, shape or form”.

The daughter, who just turned 18, also petitioned for a new birth certificate with a female gender marker at the ...

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2022/06/21/e ... nge-trans/

PostPosted: 06/21/22 11:26 am • # 290 
Editorialist

Beyoncé fans declare new song Break My Soul a queer ‘anti-capitalist’ anthem: ‘We really won’
Beyoncé is officially back with her new song “Break My Soul”, and it’s already been declared a gay anthem for the ages.

The song, which serves as lead single off her upcoming album Renaissance, samples the classic house hit “Show Me Love” by Robin S. To the delight of queer people everywhere, it also samples ...

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2022/06/21/b ... -new-song/

PostPosted: 06/22/22 3:54 am • # 291 
Editorialist

‘Since the IOC has created a rule for trans athletes to compete in 2003, over 71,000 people have become Olympians. Out of those 71,000 Olympians a total of two have been trans women & one came dead last the other came 37th out of 42’.”

Perkins a breath of fresh air in trans debate, and Australia is with him

Peter FitzSimons

Torpedo off the starboard quarter at 400 yards and closing?

No, more like a school of crook mullets vaguely headed this way.

At least the thrust of the tweets and emails directed at me were fairly straightforward: “Given that FINA has now banned all trans athletes, will you now take back everything you have written on the subject, and apologise to the Lib candidate for Warringah, Katherine Deves, as her position is now vindicated?”

Uh, no. Captain to the engine room and crew: no need to dive, just grab a net and pull a few of these stunned mullets on board, so we can school them a little.

The FINA ruling changes nothing.

As I noted in this space earlier in the year, yes, “there has been a recent issue in America where an average male swimmer transitioned to win trophies as a female swimmer, but it is not remotely as if there is a wave of such episodes occurring. As my trans correspondent, Kirsti Miller, from Broken Hill told me: ‘Since the IOC has created a rule for trans athletes to compete in ...

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/ ... 5avmf.html

PostPosted: 06/22/22 10:14 am • # 292 
Editorialist

shiftless2 wrote:
queenoftheuniverse wrote:
Amy had a good long run on Fox.

Not that they had a lot of choice. But this is Fox Sports, not Jeopardy.

Yes, well my point was that Fox Had to put her on TV every night, the joke's on them. Same parent company, same lack of values, all Murdocks money. Maybe they'll show reruns instead of the next tournament of champions-

PostPosted: 06/23/22 4:15 am • # 293 
Editorialist

This from 2018

Researchers Find Link Between Low Intelligence And Homophobia

JAMES FELTON

You've all long suspected it, but it's nice to have it confirmed: A study has found a link between lower intelligence and holding prejudiced views about same-sex couples.

Researchers from the University of Queensland, Australia looked at the link between intelligence and attitudes towards same-sex couples, building on previous studies that have shown correlations between ...

https://www.iflscience.com/researchers- ... obia-48131

PostPosted: 06/29/22 4:44 am • # 294 
Editorialist

Apparently "American people" are only those who think like her?

Far-Right News Anchor Throws Cringey Tantrum After Spotting Pride Flag In Her Hometown

Alan Herrera

One America News (OAN) anchor Alison Steinberg was criticized after she threw a profanity-laced tantrum upon spotting a Pride flag in her hometown of Huntington Beach, California, a reliably conservative enclave located in Orange County.

Steinberg referred to the sight of the Pride flag as "f**king bulls**t" and suggested, oddly, that flying it makes ...

https://www.comicsands.com/steinberg-ta ... 75651.html

PostPosted: 06/29/22 4:46 am • # 295 
Editorialist

GOP Sen. Threatens To Block School Lunch Program Unless Schools Can Discriminate Against Trans Kids

https://www.comicsands.com/marshall-blo ... 59898.html

PostPosted: 06/29/22 11:14 am • # 296 
Editorialist

Conservatives freak out as Disney’s “Baymax!” shows discussion of period products & trans flag
"Put aside the trans thing for a minute. I don’t need Disney to jump start the period conversation with my children," one person complained.

Alex Bollinger

Conservatives are freaking out because a clip from a streamed Disney show includes a transgender flag and people discussing menstruation products, and they’re getting brutally mocked online.

Anti-LGBTQ activist Christopher Rufo – who helped drive Florida’s attempts to punish the Disney Corporation after the company stated its opposition to the Don’t Say Gay law – said that he got leaked video from the Disney series Baymax! that “promotes the transgender flag and the idea that men can have periods to children as young as two years old.”

“It’s all part of Disney’s plan to re-engineer the discourse around kids and sexuality,” he claimed.

The clip shows the helpful health robot Baymax asking a woman for help picking ...

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/06/con ... rans-flag/

PostPosted: 07/04/22 5:27 am • # 297 
Editorialist

LGBTQ+ teachers told to hide who they are as Don’t Say Gay goes into effect
MAGGIE BASKA

LGBTQ+ teachers in Florida said they’ve been told they must hide their identities while at work so as not to violate the state’s ‘Don’t Say Gay’ law.

Educators and staff in Orange County, Florida have reported they’ve been told to remove pictures of their families from classrooms if they have a partner of the same gender or talking about their partner with students, WFTV reported.

Teachers were also told not to wear any rainbow-coloured clothing at work and must also scrape off rainbow “Safe Space” stickers – which signal to students that the educators are LGBTQ+ friendly – from classroom doors.

The instructions came after a closed-door seminar between ...

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2022/06/30/l ... fect-hide/

PostPosted: 07/04/22 8:23 am • # 298 
Administrator

My wife (former teacher) got into trouble for using the word "niggardly" at a board meeting.

PostPosted: 07/04/22 9:30 am • # 299 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
My wife (former teacher) got into trouble for using the word "niggardly" at a board meeting.

She's not the only one. A lot of people have gotten into trouble for using that word - seems the great unwashed have no idea what it means.

PostPosted: 07/04/22 10:03 am • # 300 
Administrator

shiftless2 wrote:
oskar576 wrote:

She's not the only one. A lot of people have gotten into trouble for using that word - seems the great unwashed have no idea what it means.

She simply went and got a dictionary and read the definition into the record. There were a lot of red faces (including a particular black one that caused the ruckus).

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next   Page 12 of 14   [ 334 posts ] New Topic Add Reply