It is currently 04/28/24 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: 05/29/21 11:34 am • # 1 
Editorialist

I Can’t Just Forgive Trump Supporters
Jonathan Rigsby

I'm not sure I can forgive the last four years. I’m not sure I want to.

As we’ve moved forward with the Biden administration, I’m still haunted by what we endured. More than any single act of legislation or executive order, any poorly formed tweet or public statement, what echoes in my memories are the things that other people showed to us. Nothing was more horrifying than the cruelty of my fellow citizens.

The sight of an angry mob storming the US capitol and howling for the blood of elected leaders was a scary and dramatic sight, but it was just the most visible example. What sticks in my mind are the words of everyday people whose hatred of everything and everyone was shoved in our faces day after day.

Before January 6th, there were people insisting that a deadly pandemic was fake, that hundreds of thousands of Americans were dying of natural causes for no apparent reason.

The governor of my home state stood in front of a podium and insisted that the most basic precautionary measures were unnecessary.

Before that, an entire political movement howled in outrage when people took to the streets to demand justice for a man who was plainly murdered in broad daylight. Rejection of the evidence of your eyes and ears became a litmus test for adherence to a belief system that never seems to advocate for anything, only for the rejection of everything.

I could keep going backwards in time to walk through the horrors of ...

https://jonrigsby.medium.com/i-cant-jus ... 3cae05d464

PostPosted: 05/29/21 2:06 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

he's right. it is unforgivable.

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply