It is currently 05/11/24 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Afghanistan
PostPosted: 08/23/21 7:45 am • # 1 
Editorialist

Fox News contributor’s Afghanistan evacuation plan:

"I don't want to be in charge, but if I was—oh, I want to get the Americans? Cool. Give me nine guys. I'm gonna walk through the streets, and I'm gonna kill everyone I see, and I'm gonna grab the Americans. It is not difficult, but we have these people who are in charge that are a disgrace. I am amazed that there hasn't been at least 30 generals and admirals that haven't resigned or been fired today. But we won't because we have a commander in chief that was put there through whatever happened at 4 in the morning on election night."

https://www.alternet.org/2021/08/fox-news-afghanistan/

Post subject: Re: Afghanistan
PostPosted: 08/23/21 8:02 am • # 2 
Administrator

The seeds were planted 20 years ago. Happy harvest.

PostPosted: 08/23/21 10:21 am • # 3 
Editorialist

From the Twitter account of someone who was inside Trump's administration

Olivia of Troye @OliviaTroye

There were cabinet mtgs about this during the Trump Admin where Stephen Miller would peddle his racist hysteria about Iraq & Afghanistan. He & his enablers across gov’t would undermine anyone who worked on solving the SIV issue by devastating the system at DHS & State.(1/7)

I tracked this issue personally in my role during my WH tenure. Pence was fully aware of the problem. We got nowhere on it because Trump/S. Miller had watchdogs in place at DOJ, DHS, State & security agencies that made an already cumbersome SIV process even more challenging.(2/7)

I met w/ numerous external organizations during my White House tenure who advocated for refugees & pleaded for help in getting US allies through the process. I got the phone calls & letters as the homeland security & CT advisor to Pence…(3/7)

The system wouldn’t budge, regardless of how much this was argued about in National Security Council mtgs. The Pentagon weighed in saying we needed to get these allies through the process-Mattis/others sent memos. We all knew the urgency but the resources had been depleted.(4/7)

The fear of people across the Trump Admin to counter these enablers was palpable. There were numerous behind closed door meetings held-strategizing how to navigate this issue. The Trump Admin had FOUR years…(5/7)

..Trump had FOUR years-while putting this plan in place-to evacuate these Afghan allies who were the lifelines for many of us who spent time in Afghanistan. They’d been waiting a long time. The process slowed to a trickle for reviews/other “priorities”-then came to a halt.(6/7)

To people like Ben Domenech, JD Vance & others who are making blanket statements & pushing narratives of convenience on Afganistan-especially on the SIV/allies issue-please, just stop. Your comments are uninformed & also hurtful. We see right through you.(7/8)

Grateful for everyone advocating the urgency of getting our allies evacuated out of Afghanistan ASAP & those who are doing everything they can to help. It’s the least we can do for these individuals & it’s a matter of national security. The world is watching.(8/8)

PostPosted: 08/25/21 8:11 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

Afghan Refugees Arrive At Joint Base McGuire In South Jersey

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/08/25 ... ew-jersey/

The first group of 1,300 refugees arrived Tuesday night at the base in Lakehurst.

:fl

PostPosted: 08/26/21 6:44 am • # 5 
Editorialist

PostPosted: 08/28/21 6:56 am • # 6 
Editorialist

American radio host Todd Starnes calls for genocide of Afghans after Kabul bombing, deletes tweet after outrage

https://www.opindia.com/2021/08/kabul-bombing-american-usa-radio-host-todd-starnes-calls-for-genocide-of-afghans/

PostPosted: 09/08/21 7:50 am • # 7 
Editorialist

PostPosted: 09/08/21 11:48 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

I'm surprised the Taliban didn't their good friend Trump's flag on the wall. Actually between voting restrictions, abortion restrictions and the GOP's growing attachment to white supremacist ideology it's getting pretty hard to tell the difference between the U.S. and Afghanistan. I thought the American surrender only applied to their presence in Afghanistan. It wasn't supposed to include the American homeland.

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply