It is currently 05/11/24 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Clueless Republicans
PostPosted: 11/08/21 2:29 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

I am so sick of republicans blaming Biden and the democrats for every damn thing, and exonerating trump and republicans for every damn thing. Problem is some republicans are so deep in the muck and mire of misinformation, I cannot see way of digging them out – especially when they seem to love being there in the down and dirty.

So disgusted reading some FB replies, had to vent. . .

Post subject: Re: Clueless Republicans
PostPosted: 11/10/21 7:28 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Karolinablue wrote:
I am so sick of republicans blaming Biden and the democrats for every damn thing, and exonerating trump and republicans for every damn thing. Problem is some republicans are so deep in the muck and mire of misinformation, I cannot see way of digging them out – especially when they seem to love being there in the down and dirty.

I feel the same way, KB.

I'm tired of pointing out how memes are wrong or don't tell the whole story.

PostPosted: 11/10/21 8:03 am • # 3 
Editorialist

John59 wrote:
Karolinablue wrote:

I feel the same way, KB.

I'm tired of pointing out how memes are wrong or don't tell the whole story.

There seems to be no way to get through to them - you can't do an intervention on millions of people. Not sure what it would take, even something adverse hitting them personally they rationalize it to themselves. . I used to wonder how Nazi Germany came about and was positive that could never happen here- - boy was I naive.

PostPosted: 11/12/21 8:02 am • # 4 
Editorialist

What concerns me the most are the claims that some people hate America, that some want to destroy America.

This goes far beyond disagreement. It seems to me that this is the kind of talk that leads to political upheaval and to dictatorships. Hitler probably took this view beyond Germany and saw Jews and others as ruining the world ("pestilence" is a word he used.) But the similarities here are troublesome.

Countries have always had disagreements over issues like taxes, but when a citizen becomes convinced a politician hates their country they don't listen to what that politician says about taxes or any other issue. You don't negotiate with these people, you defeat them any way you can. They become like the Hitler saw Jews - a threat to one's nation.

PostPosted: 11/12/21 8:17 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

I am honestly not sure it is going to stick.
I could make a case for it, but I have been optimistic and wrong so much
in the last five years that I really don't want to be wrong again.

PostPosted: 11/18/21 11:35 am • # 6 
Editorialist

The following came up on Facebook.

I explained that executive orders only apply to the executive branch, so they cannot apply to the legislative branch. In other words, Biden cannot mandate vaccines for Congress.

Case closed, correct? Wrong.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply