It is currently 04/28/24 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 01/15/22 4:08 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

Mike Lindell says a bank is closing his accounts over fear of "reputational damage"
Lindell is apparently refusing to pull his money from the bank, saying, "You're going to have to throw me out"

By BRETT BACHMAN

Money problems continue to plague MyPillow CEO-turned-election conspiracy theorist Mike Lindell, with the staunch Trump ally revealing Friday on Steve Bannon's podcast that he had recently been asked by his bank to close his accounts over fear of the institution's "reputational damage" if it continued to be associated with the controversial figure.

The pillow maven played a recorded call he said came from the bank, Heartland Financial, giving him 30 days to take his business elsewhere. The alleged representative said the institution is afraid his bank records may soon be subpoenaed by federal authorities, presenting a risk to the bank's image.

But the request apparently fell on deaf ears — with Lindell telling Bannon that he refuses to pull his money from the bank.

"I said, 'I am not being part of this. I'm not leaving. So you're going to have to throw me out of your bank,'" Lindell said.

Representatives for Lindell did not immediately return a request for ...

https://www.salon.com/2022/01/15/mike-l ... al-damage/

PostPosted: 01/15/22 4:38 pm • # 2 
Administrator

Close the accounts and put a big pile of cash out on the sidewalk.

PostPosted: 01/15/22 5:02 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:

Or stuff it in a pillowcase?

PostPosted: 01/15/22 6:34 pm • # 4 
Administrator

shiftless2 wrote:
oskar576 wrote:

Or stuff it in a pillowcase?

Even better.

PostPosted: 01/15/22 6:42 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

I believe that they can refuse service to anyone they wish.

PostPosted: 09/27/22 1:16 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

Didn't want to start a new thread .....

My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell Under DOJ Investigation for Identity Theft – We Know Because He Posted the Search Warrant: Report

David Badash

Mike Lindell, the far right extremist and conspiracy theorist who is also CEO of My Pillow is suing the U.S. Dept. of Justice in an attempt to get his cell phone returned after federal agents, he says, executed a search and seizure warrant on him at an Indiana Hardee’s fast food restaurant drive-thru on his way back from a duck hunting trip. Lindell’s attorneys posted a copy of the warrant. Lindell is reportedly under investigation for identity theft, conspiracy to defraud the United States, and other potential crimes.

Lindell, a top Trump ally and advisor who is now financially supporting a fascist white supremacist and Christian nationalist, “is under U.S. federal investigation for identity theft and for conspiring to ...

https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.c ... nt-report/

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply