It is currently 05/13/24 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next   Page 3 of 7   [ 157 posts ]
PostPosted: 06/05/22 6:19 am • # 51 
Editorialist

For clarity, "F Rating" = "Can't Be Bought" while "A+ Rating" = "Owned and Operated by the NRA"

PostPosted: 06/05/22 7:11 am • # 52 
Editorialist

Former Wisconsin judge killed in 'targeted' attack; suspect had hit list that included Mitch McConnell, Gov. Whitmer

A retired Wisconsin judge was shot and killed in his home Friday by a gunman who had an apparent hit list targeting three prominent politicians and other people, senior law enforcement officials told NBC News...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/former-wisconsin-judge-killed-targeted-attack-suspect-hit-list-include-rcna31995

PostPosted: 06/05/22 7:52 am • # 53 
Administrator

Only 3 dead in this one. The gun nuts are losing their touch.

At least 3 killed, 11 injured in shooting on Philadelphia’s South Street

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/05/us/phila ... index.html

PostPosted: 06/05/22 8:21 am • # 54 
Editorialist

Dispatcher Fired Over Mishandling 911 Call During Buffalo Shooting
A Tops supermarket office manager said a dispatcher yelled at her for whispering, as she hid during the shooting, and hung up on her.

Amanda Holpuch

An emergency services dispatcher in Buffalo who was accused of hanging up on a 911 call from a supermarket employee during the racist shooting rampage last month was fired on Thursday, an official said.

The dispatcher, who has not been publicly identified, was fired in a disciplinary hearing, the official, Peter Anderson, a spokesman for the Erie County executive, said in an email.

Mr. Anderson said the dispatcher, who had worked for Erie County for eight years, had been on paid administrative leave since May 16 “as the mishandled call was investigated.”

The investigation was prompted by comments made by an employee at the Tops supermarket, where a white gunman killed 10 Black people on May 14 in one of the worst racist mass shootings in the recent history of the United States.

Latisha Rogers, an assistant office manager at the supermarket, told The Buffalo News that she had called 911 while hiding inside the store and was whispering on the phone to avoid the gunman’s attention.

She said the dispatcher admonished her for speaking quietly on the call.

“She was yelling at me, saying, ‘Why are you whispering? You don’t have to whisper,’” Ms. Rogers told The News, “and I was telling her, ‘Ma’am, he’s still in the store. He’s shooting. I’m scared for my life. I don’t want him to hear me. Can you please send help?’ She got mad at me, hung up in my face.”

In a separate interview with The New York Times, Ms. Rogers said she ducked down behind the store’s customer service counter when she first heard gunfire and called 911 on her cellphone.

She said the dispatcher asked her why she was whispering and then the connection broke.

At a news conference last month, the county executive, Mark C. Poloncarz, said that the handling of the call was “completely unacceptable.” A transcript of the call has not been released.

The dispatcher was represented by the Civil Service Employees Association, a union for public employees in New York.

“CSEA has negotiated contractual due process disciplinary provisions that must be adhered to by the parties and we have ensured that process was followed fairly and appropriately here,” Mat Cantore, the acting communications director for the union, said in a statement.

The man accused of carrying out the Buffalo shooting was indicted this week by a grand jury on 25 counts, including murder and domestic terrorism. The suspect, Payton Gendron, 18, pleaded not guilty. If convicted, he faces life imprisonment under the domestic terrorism charge.

The shooting in Buffalo, New York’s second-largest city, took place 10 days before 19 children and two teachers were killed in a shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/04/nyre ... fired.html

PostPosted: 06/05/22 8:46 am • # 55 
Editorialist

Now I understand .... :sarcasm

Quote:
Jason Campbell @JasonSCampbell

Ben Shapiro: The reason that so many kids die of gun violence is because “kids cannot carry guns”

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/stat ... fsrc=email

Video at source including link to original

PostPosted: 06/05/22 10:30 am • # 56 
Administrator

They're too heavy.

PostPosted: 06/06/22 5:18 am • # 57 
Editorialist

Uvalde funeral attendant who encountered gunman says he tried to go after shooter, was held back
Cody Briseno said he has helped bury five children who died on that day, including a cousin.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/uv ... -rcna32003

PostPosted: 06/06/22 8:07 am • # 58 
Editorialist

PostPosted: 06/06/22 8:30 am • # 59 
Editorialist

Quote:
Fred Guttenberg @fred_guttenberg

Hey @RepMTG, I will also be coming to DC. I will bring pictures of my girl Jaime, who was murdered in Parkland. If you are looking for people to put on your schedule, please put me. Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday? What day is best for you?

Quote:
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene @RepMTG

.@davidhogg111 I hear you & your girls are funded to come to town this week to once again try to manipulate some of my gutless weak colleagues to vote for gun control that will violate our freedoms and leave Americans defenseless.

I don’t see you on my schedule, why not?

PostPosted: 06/06/22 8:33 am • # 60 
Administrator

more guns = more gun deaths

It isn't complicated.

PostPosted: 06/06/22 8:38 am • # 61 
Administrator

Al Qaeda isn't nearly as effective at killing USians as other USians are.

PostPosted: 06/06/22 12:21 pm • # 62 
Administrator

The police state of Texas.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals ... uxbndlbing

PostPosted: 06/06/22 12:27 pm • # 63 
Editorialist

A 13 year old boy went undercover to try and buy a gun in America. This is shocking.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=not ... 1275735838

PostPosted: 06/06/22 12:50 pm • # 64 
Editorialist

UVALDE COPS ALLEGEDLY TRIED TO STRONGARM A MOTHER INTO SILENCE. IT DIDN’T WORK.
RAFI SCHWARTZ

Angeli Gómez, the Uvalde, Texas, mother who was handcuffed by law enforcement officials during the recent massacre at Robb Elementary School, broke her silence about the incident last week, telling her heart-wrenching story to CBS News — despite threats from local police seemingly intended to intimidate her into silence.

Upon arriving at the school after hearing news of the still-ongoing shooting, Gómez claimed a U.S. Marshal briefly handcuffed her and insinuated further consequences, saying, “Well, we’re going to have to arrest you because you’re being very uncooperative.” The Marshals service has denied handcuffing anyone at the scene, saying instead that their officers “maintained order and peace in the midst of the grief-stricken community that was gathering around the school.”

“I said, ‘Well, you’re going to have to arrest me because I’m going in there. And I’m telling you right now, I don’t see none of y’all in there. Y’all are standing with snipers and y’all are far away. If y’all don’t go in there, I’m going in there,’” Gómez told CBS News.

After she was released by law enforcement, Gómez ran into the elementary school herself and rescued her two sons from their classrooms.

Several days after the massacre, Gómez says she received a phone call from an unnamed police official who told her that if she continued speaking to the press about her experiences at the school, she could be charged with obstruction of justice in violation of her decades-old probation agreement. The implied threat was clear — until her probationary judge shortened the terms of her agreement and heralded her bravery for saving her children.

Speaking with CBS News, a visibly distraught Gómez grew even more emotional when talking about what could have been done differently during the school shooting.

“They could have saved many more lives,” she said. “They could have gone into the classroom, and maybe two or three would have been gone, but they could have saved the whole, more, the whole class.”

https://www.mic.com/impact/angeli-gomez ... ps-threats

PostPosted: 06/07/22 11:49 am • # 65 
Editorialist

'Cowards': Teacher who survived Uvalde shooting slams police response
Miles Cohen & Lucien Bruggeman

Arnulfo Reyes woke up ready for a good day. His third- and fourth-grade class at Robb Elementary had finished its final tests the week before. Awards were going to be handed out. He planned to show his students a movie, "The Addams Family" -- the animated version.

"It was going to be a good day," Reyes told ABC News anchor Amy Robach in an exclusive interview. "There was nothing unusual that day, we were just walking back to the classroom … to watch the rest of the movie."

Around 11:30 a.m., however, the normalcy shattered. Reyes said he heard a bang. Unsure of what it was, he told the students to get under their desks -- just like they'd practiced.

Fourth-grade Uvalde teacher Arnulfo Reyes, hospitalized with gunshot wounds, speaks with ABC's Amy Robach, June 6, 2022.
"The kids were yelling, 'What's going on, Mr. Reyes?'" he said. "[The students] were going under the table, and I was trying to get them to do that as fast as I could."

"When I turned around," he said, "I just saw him."

The next 77 minutes of carnage "destroyed" Reyes, he said, and forever changed a school, a community and perhaps a country. By the end of his rampage, a gunman had killed 19 students -- including all 11 in Reyes' classroom -- and two teachers. Reyes himself sustained ...

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/news ... e-85219697

PostPosted: 06/07/22 1:30 pm • # 66 
Editorialist

"We do have a gun violence problem in this country, and it's gang violence. It's gangs. It's people in Chicago, St. Louis shooting each other. Very often, you know, Black people, frankly. And the Democrats don't want to do anything about that."

Blake Masters, a Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate in Arizona who was recently endorsed by former President Donald Trump

PostPosted: 06/07/22 1:53 pm • # 67 
Editorialist

The gun lobby likes to harp about the murder rate in Chicago. A city with strict gun laws. And a city whose government has been dominated by the Democrats for decades. What they ignore is that guns are readily available outside of Chicago so there is no way to keep them out of the city.

PostPosted: 06/07/22 2:04 pm • # 68 
Editorialist

shiftless2 wrote:
The gun lobby likes to harp about the murder rate in Chicago. A city with strict gun laws. And a city whose government has been dominated by the Democrats for decades. What they ignore is that guns are readily available outside of Chicago so there is no way to keep them out of the city.

And there are cities with even more murders.

PostPosted: 06/07/22 3:22 pm • # 69 
Administrator

Canada's gun lobby sees to have gone into hiding.

PostPosted: 06/08/22 12:37 pm • # 70 
Editorialist

Student Who Covered Herself in Her Friend’s Blood During Uvalde Shooting Testifies at Gun Violence Hearing
Cops, doctors, and parents dismantled the Republican Party’s arguments against common-sense gun reform measures

RYAN BORT

The House of Representatives on Wednesday held a hearing on gun violence in America in the wake of the recent massacres in Buffalo, New York, and Uvalde, Texas. Law enforcement officials, doctors, and parents testified about the string of mass shootings with one clear message: Congress needs to do something about guns in America.

The most powerful testimony, however, may have come from Miah Cerrillo, a fourth grader at Robb Elementary who covered herself in her friend’s blood to avoid being killed by the shooter in Uvalde. Cerrillo described how her and her friends tried to hide, how the shooter told her teacher “goodnight” before shooting her in the head, and how she watched her friend get shot. “I thought he would come back to the room, so I grabbed blood and put it all over me,” she said before noting that she grabbed her teacher’s phone and called 911 for help.

“I don’t want it to happen again,” Cerrillo added.

Continued at link

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... s-1364659/

PostPosted: 06/08/22 12:40 pm • # 71 
Administrator

Quote:

It will. And soon.

PostPosted: 06/08/22 12:44 pm • # 72 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
Quote:

It will. And soon.

That's a given.

PostPosted: 06/08/22 12:48 pm • # 73 
Editorialist

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status ... 8628424706

PostPosted: 06/08/22 2:01 pm • # 74 
Administrator

Maybe if a few Republican politicians and their families were killed in a ass shooting they'd change their minds or are they that dumb?

PostPosted: 06/09/22 3:12 am • # 75 
Editorialist

It's party over country. For that matter it's party over constituents.

But more importantly the first duty of a politician is to get reelected. And many of them are afraid of rocking the boat as it were.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next   Page 3 of 7   [ 157 posts ] New Topic Add Reply