It is currently 05/04/24 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
PostPosted: 07/11/22 3:11 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

Thought about putting this under the election thread or the religious one and concluded that I didn't want it to be lost in either.

I’m a Christian Pastor. Evangelicals Have to Be Defeated in 2022.

JOHN PAVLOVITZ

I’ve been a pastor in the church for over two decades, much of that in predominantly white churches in the American South.

I’ve spent countless hours in church staff meetings and men’s Bible studies and youth pastor conferences.

I’ve stayed connected on social media with thousands of people still there in those churches. I read what they share and post and amplify and I know how they think and what they believe.

I need you to understand something and I say it without any hyperbole: white Evangelicals need to be stopped, now.

If the 2022 midterms elections allow Republicans to gain control of Congress, Conservative Christians will decimate this nation, and LGBTQ people, Muslims, women, people of color, and non-Christians will never have equality under the law again. We will all be at their mercy—and they will no longer have use for mercy.

This is not alarmist, sky-is-falling histrionics, it is the clear and sober forecast from someone who knows these people better than anyone. Over the last decade and a half, as my theology shifted and my beliefs grew more and more progressive, I’ve been a kind of undercover Liberal in an increasingly extremist movement, that while once relegated to minor fringe noisemakers is now at the precipice of Roman Empire-level power. They are less than two years away from having a dominance that they will wield violently and not relinquish.

I watched it all unfold from the inside:

I was at a North Carolina megachurch when Obama was elected and I saw the shift take place firsthand. I saw the fear slowly being ratcheted up and the agenda become solidified and ...

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2021/06/05/im ... d-in-2022/

In short, the US is effed. And the country most of us knew will not exist any more.

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply