It is currently 04/28/24 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: "Game Change"
PostPosted: 03/18/12 1:19 pm • # 1 
Administrator

I watched "Game Change"on HBO this weekend ~ surprisingly, at least to me, I enjoyed it ~ Julianne Moore was a great pick for the Sarah Palin role, Ed Harris did a terrific job as John McCain, Woody Harrelson did a terrific job as Steve Schmidt, and Sarah Paulson was well cast as Nicolle Wallace ~ while it's not a "Palin hit job" per se, it exposes the McCain campaign's dismal and irresponsible lack of vetting via the "prepping Sarah" scenes for interviews and personal appearances during the 2008 campaign, which were almost painful to watch as her deep ignorance was exposed ~ not only to the viewer, but apparently to the McCain staffers at the time ~ it also exposes Sarah's progression to devious, power-hungry narcissist, willing to do and say anything to get whatever she wants ~ the one "mini-shock" for me was when the Nicolle Wallace character confessed she could not bring herself to vote in the election with Sarah on the ballot ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 03/18/12 5:56 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

I watched it too...Julianne Moore *nailed it*!
And you know, IMO she actually made Palin a more sympathetic character.Image Politics is still very much a "boys club" and as much as I dislike Palin, I dislike the boys club more. 

PostPosted: 03/19/12 5:41 am • # 3 
Administrator

While I agree with the "politics is still the 'boys club'" comment, I saw McCain's advisors [Schmidt, Wallace] portrayed as being fine with Palin until they recognized the depth of her ignorance and her resistance to playing by the campaign's rules ~ one of the best lines in the film for me was "what have we done?", referring to putting Palin on the ticket ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 03/19/12 9:26 am • # 4 
Editorialist

portrayed as being fine with Palin until[/i] 

Well, yeah...in the sense that they were fine with the "token woman" until she wasn't quite the willing doormat they thought they had. LOL! They didn't care about her ignorance, they wanted a particular "package" to deliver sound bytes. And that may be the one and only thing Palin does well.

one of the best lines in the film for me was "what have we done?"

I was cracking up!!!

PostPosted: 03/19/12 6:38 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

the post LOVED this film

http://www.washingtonpost...12/gIQAZZ8h7R_story.html

PostPosted: 03/21/12 2:01 am • # 6 
Editorialist

My favorite part of the Post article:

How can someone aspire to being a heartbeat away from the Oval Office without a firm grasp of basic history and current events? How did magical thinking become our default setting?

A brilliant way to express today's political circus.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply