It is currently 04/27/24 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: 05/22/12 6:02 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

Tonight I went to see the movie "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel".  It is fantastic!  By far the best movie I have seen in a long time.  It's easily the equivalent of and similar to "On Golden Pond" which, until now, was my all time favorite movie.  Now I've got to rethink it.

PostPosted: 05/24/12 3:50 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Thanks for the review on this one. We will watch it when we can order it on demand. I absolutely love Judi Dench.Image  I loved "On Golden Pond" too.

PostPosted: 07/18/12 3:58 am • # 3 
Jim if you liked "On Golden Pond" you should try to see "Iris" which is about the final years of Iris Murdoch's life, her struggle with Alzheimer's and mostly about her relationship with her husband in those years. I cried profusely through the whole thing. On the darkly comical side, my husband and I often joke that we have to "De-Iris" our house, which you'll know what I mean if you watch it. Image
I don't know if you'll even see this post; I am so way behind on chiming in on threads.

PostPosted: 07/18/12 11:59 am • # 4 

I'll have to see this movie as I enjoyed "On Golden Pond".  I'll also watch for "Iris" on cable also.  Thanks for the heads up. 
The other night I could not sleep so I got up and turned on the TV and on one of the Encore Stations was a movie called "The Man Who Knew Too Much" with Doris Day and James Stewart.  That movie was so good that I was glued to it from 2-4 a.m.   I enjoyed it so much I searched for it on my Ti-Vo and has it set to record when the movie comes on again this week.  BTW anyone who hasn't heard of Ti-Vo should check it out.  One of the best inventions of recording ever.  My friend in Atlanta told me about it so I called Direct TV and asked if they could set me up with one and they came out and installed a new Direct TV box complete with built in Ti-Vo.  This recorder is awesome and not like the regular recorders you purchase.

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply