It is currently 05/16/24 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
PostPosted: 05/28/12 5:12 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

http://www.generalbuttnakedmovie.com/

i don't think there is anything this man can do to forgive what he has done.
he is truly monstrous and evil.
and because of that i have very uncertain feelings about this documentary.

i would be very interested in anyone else's opinion.

what is the value in even entertaining this guy's conversion to Christianity?
i am a very forgiving person, but this just can't be forgiven, imo.

PostPosted: 05/29/12 9:42 am • # 2 
Editorialist

He loses me at "evangelical christian".
I mean, isn't that just another method of "my way or you will suffer"? It's great that he's not using a gun these days, and, I suppose, that he realizes now that what he did then was evil....but I dunno. I guess I'd have to see it to elaborate.

PostPosted: 05/30/12 5:58 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
I mean, isn't that just another method of "my way or you will suffer"? It's great that he's not using a gun these days, and, I suppose, that he realizes now that what he did then was evil....but I dunno. I guess I'd have to see it to elaborate.

my position is that there is nothing that this guy can do to redeem himself.  if he had done 1% of the shit he did, i would have trouble seeing him as anything other than one of the worst scumbags ever.

i am beginning to realize that i am not quite as forgiving as i once thought i was.

PostPosted: 05/31/12 3:27 am • # 4 
Editorialist

macroscopic wrote:
Chaos333 wrote:

my position is that there is nothing that this guy can do to redeem himself.  if he had done 1% of the shit he did, i would have trouble seeing him as anything other than one of the worst scumbags ever.

i am beginning to realize that i am not quite as forgiving as i once thought i was.

That happens as we get older mac. More judgemental, less forgiving. I have to fight that tendency all the time. Take heart! As we get really old like 99 or 100Image, that reverses.  I base that on my personal observations.

This dude sounds like he did some pretty heavy drugs. He probably laid down his pipe with the guns.

PostPosted: 06/13/12 3:19 am • # 5 
I'm one of those people who don't believe in the "sins are forgiven" by asking them to be in front of the God almighty.  IMO, evil stains and it won't come off no matter what you profess or call yourself.

PostPosted: 06/16/12 6:37 am • # 6 
Editorialist

Dee wrote:
I'm one of those people who don't believe in the "sins are forgiven" by asking them to be in front of the God almighty.  IMO, evil stains and it won't come off no matter what you profess or call yourself.
I agree in a way. I think we pay for our "sins" in life. The old "what goes around, comes around" sort of  thing.  Karma. That "sin" and "forgiven" thinking comes from men who wanted to control the masses via religion with a powerful supernatural being. I also think the Catholic confessional rite is just perverted men who want to get their jollies listening.Image  jmo

PostPosted: 06/27/12 4:25 am • # 7 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:

I can't speak for this guy or what he is like, but don't forget that "evangelical christian" can have a much different meaning in America than in the rest of the world. 

When you consider your ability to "forgive" this guy, consider whether you "forgave" your parents or grandparents for cheering Hiroshima, Nagasaki or Dresden, all of which paled in comparison to what he did. 

PostPosted: 06/27/12 1:37 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

My grandfather was wounded and a POW. He was not a big fan of war, but he utterly despised the Japanese. Who could blame him?

PostPosted: 06/27/12 5:20 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
My grandfather was wounded and a POW. He was not a big fan of war, but he utterly despised the Japanese. Who could blame him?
I don't blame him, Chaos.  That's not my point.  My point is that he probably cheered when three very major atrocities were committed and yet we can find it in our hearts to both understand and forgive him for it.  If we can forgive those actions, why can't we forgive Butt Naked's?

PostPosted: 06/27/12 5:41 pm • # 10 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
Chaos333 wrote:
I don't blame him, Chaos.  That's not my point.  My point is that he probably cheered when three very major atrocities were committed and yet we can find it in our hearts to both understand and forgive him for it.  If we can forgive those actions, why can't we forgive Butt Naked's?

there is something surreal about this guy.  i mean, there are unspeakable horrors that this bastard oversaw.  i think part of what makes it difficult for me is that i can't fathom how anyone can get past that.  does it SEEM like he did?  yes.  it does.  do i KNOW that he has not got past it?  NO, i don't.

i really struggle with this one, jim- and i am a super forgiving person.

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ] New Topic Add Reply