It is currently 04/28/24 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Love My Kindle
PostPosted: 07/18/12 11:51 am • # 1 
I have always been a reader of fiction books and for many years collected hardback books.  On Mother's Day 2011 hubby gave me a Kindle.  I have read 124 books to date from this Kindle and have been surprised at the authors I have been reading.  When I was purchasing books I would always buy the books by my favorite authors because I knew I would not be disappointed.  Having access to so many free books from Amazon I have read so many authors books that I never have read before nor would have purchased.  I still purchase new releases on my KIndle from my favorite authors and always will but the enjoyment I have gotten from reading other authors and getting so many of them free is just wonderful.   Anyone who loves to read and doesn't have a Kindle, I would strongly recommend you purchasing one. 

Post subject: Love My Kindle
PostPosted: 07/19/12 2:57 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

Still on my wish list, along with an Ipod Touch (found a free, secret app that allows you to use it as a phone with free calls anywhere in Canada and cheap .02 cents a minute to the US........and do Facetime).

But! We both need our eyes (and our headsImage) examined, new glasses etc. etc.

Post subject: Re: Love My Kindle
PostPosted: 08/25/12 10:03 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

With my Samsung Galaxy Tab, I've downloaded my first book. Will wait to read it on our trip. I think I can download the Kindle app and get Kindle books, but haven't tried it yet. Still just trying to get used to the tablet first. I do love it! Nice big screen, tons of apps pre-loaded that I don't know what they do, LOL! Able to surf the web from the comfort of the sofa via wifi. Too bad we left Yuku, now that they have an app. :eyes

PostPosted: 08/27/12 7:22 am • # 4 
Administrator

Yuku's "App" doesn't work with Android.
But why would you need an app to begin with?

PostPosted: 08/27/12 8:08 am • # 5 
Administrator

Jab, should roseanne d/l Avast or another anti-viral program for her tablet?

roseanne, if/when you d/l Amazon's free Kindle app to your tablet, I'm pretty sure I can "lend" you books from my Kindle ~ and there are [literally] thousands of Kindle books available free and/or very low pricing [$.99 to $3.99] ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 08/27/12 8:55 am • # 6 
Administrator

Quote:
Jab, should roseanne d/l Avast or another anti-viral program for her tablet?

I'm sure there is some anti-virus pre-installed. Down the road when the commercial software expires or they want some dough to continue, I'd install Avast.

PostPosted: 08/27/12 11:02 am • # 7 
Editorialist

I *think* I've already researched that, lol, and you're right jab. Pre-installed something or other. I'll take another look to be sure. Thanks for thinking about my security sooz.

Sooz, I imagine I'll be a tad overwhelmed with the selections to start with and I'm going to be using my library for newer releases so that I don't have to pay for them. :b I already have Kobo pre-installed on the tablet.

I'll be signing up when I get back from vacation. You download them and they automatically expire after 2 weeks. Gotta love it! Can even reserve popular new releases if they are all "out".

Ain't technology grand (when you know or understand what you're doing)? :

Took me two days to figure out how to remove synced photos from hubby's web site. :eyes LOL!

I'll be playing with this tablet for a year or more just learning all the ins and outs. Hubby will be literally playing.......games!

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply