It is currently 04/28/24 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
PostPosted: 08/06/12 6:37 am • # 1 
Editorialist

I am looking forward to this one. A little quirky and different. One review from a Mom said it was great for her whole family. One critic (so far) panned it. I usually don't pay attention to critics......they are far
 too critical!ImageImage

Here's the Mom's review:

Great, great movie!, 23 July 2012
Author: keilanil from United States

What a wonderful movie! Because you can read the summary, I will just tell you our reaction to it. We were lucky enough to receive tickets to a pre-release screening of this moving. We took the whole family, 5 boys ages 5-16, and my husband and myself. Everyone loved it. Even the 5 year old, and that is no small thing. This movie will make you laugh and cry and then laugh again. And the laughing moments range from chuckles to totally surprise you as they burst out of your chest howls out loud.

Though we have our boys, we are waiting to adopt a girl, so the theme of parents who want a child that they can't seem to have, and the theme of taking in a child that you didn't give birth to and/or adoption really hit home for us. I sat at the end of the movie and cried, and they were tears of laughter and sadness and hope all mixed up together. Even if you're not interested in adoption, this is really a touching show.

I wish Disney made more movies like this. Totally clean, nothing even remotely possibly offensive, and yet it wasn't just a kid show. It was interesting, engaging, witty. As noted above - good for everyone from ages 5 to 40!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1462769/reviews

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply