It is currently 05/19/24 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
PostPosted: 09/16/12 8:56 am • # 1 

I went yesterday to see Raiders of the Lost Ark (now remarketed as Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark). I don't think I'd seen it since it first came out in 1981, and my date had never seen it. Afterwards he said he loved it, "There wasn't a dull moment in it!"

Great, exciting movie! One of the very best movies ever made. Go see it again, or go see it for the first time!

PostPosted: 09/16/12 9:12 am • # 2 
Administrator

I saw it when it was first released [1981 ~ YIKES!] and LOVED it ~ I'd go see it on the big screen again in a flash, but I don't see that it's been re-released here ~ at least, not yet ~ thanks for the "heads up" ~ I'll definitely watch the listings ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 09/16/12 11:55 am • # 3 

Where do you live?

PostPosted: 09/16/12 1:27 pm • # 4 
Administrator

I'm in Chicago, SciFi ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 09/16/12 2:33 pm • # 5 

It's playing at the AMC River East 21
322 East Illinois Street
Chicago, IL
(888) 262-4386

PostPosted: 09/17/12 3:04 pm • # 6 
Administrator

LOL ~ thanks, SciFi ~ I checked on Thursday [that's the day our movies usually change], and I didn't see that ~ but I will definitely try to get there during its run ~ only problem in River East is parking ~ as in THERE IS VIRTUALLY NONE other than public garages, which could run as high as $30 for a couple of hours ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 09/18/12 2:41 pm • # 7 

There must validate parking, or they wouldn't have any business.

Why not call them first and inquire about it.

PostPosted: 10/08/12 2:48 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

I love all of the Indian Jones movies, even the much criticized "Crystal Skull". To me, that one tied up some loose ends, brought in a bit of a Sci-Fi element and left the door open for his "son" to continue the quests in some form or another. Harrison could play the role of the father, as Sean Connery did.

So many people get caught up in the "purity" of a series of shows/movies that they close their minds to new ideas.

Star Trek is a prime example. I know that many purists slammed the latest movie as far as the time-line, but to me it allows the story to move forward without rehashing old stories or tired story lines. I am anxiously waiting for the next one. Chris Pine was excellent as were all of the other actors. Simon Peg delighted me as did Anton Yelchin.

I would absolutely love to see Voyager and TNG re-done as a movie or movies. The Borg with CGI! Can you imagine? "Live long and prosper" Star Trek!

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply