It is currently 05/16/24 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Online viewing
PostPosted: 10/04/12 10:28 am • # 1 
Editorialist

Ok, so I watch some tv shows online while I ride my stationery bike. They are shows that hubby isn't interested in and they provide a great distraction for my exercise.

I've discovered that the online video players of two major stations are pretty much crap. They end each clip (for ads) abruptly and restart, missing some crucial scenes or dialog. One player wouldn't buffer after I had watched 3 clips out of 6 and I didn't have the patience to restart, drag the play button, watch all the ads in between (you must do this or it will start over) and find the place I left. One of these major stations used to have a menu that you could click on the individual clips if you were interruped by whatever. They did away with that one.....sigh

Oddly enough, the video player and videos on HGTV are seamless. They insert just a few ads for a 30min program and the transition from the program and back are great!!

I've sent emails of complaint and suggesting that they time their online ads to coincide with the TV editing/insertion schedule, but have only received the automated reply so far.

They need Sid and/or jab to work for them! Between the two of them, I'm sure they could come up with a great video player and edit for seamless viewing. :D

Post subject: Re: Online viewing
PostPosted: 10/08/12 2:30 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

Of course, I never got a response to my emails other than the usual auto-reply. : Thankfully, they have all managed to get their video players fixed. :) I imagine they got a huge number of complaints and acted quickly to resolve the problems.

I am now happily catching up with my favorite shows.

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply