It is currently 05/18/24 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: New show, "Perception"
PostPosted: 10/11/12 9:13 am • # 1 
Editorialist

Starring Eric McCormack and Rachael Leigh Cook.

Another gem that I found when looking for something to watch while on the bike.

Eric plays a brilliant neuroscientist, Daniel, who is a university professor and happens to have schizophrenia. He is sought out by Rachaels character, Kate, to help solve a crime. She is a previous student of his and now works for the FBI. Together they solve a new crime or mystery every week.

At first I was a little leery, since they spent the first two episodes establishing Daniel's illness in some confusing, yet brilliant, scenes of different hallucinations not connected to the storyline.

They have now let that be a backgound of the story (though I wish they would do a little more, I liked it and it added some depth!) and moved on to his special talents. He refuses medication because it stifles his brilliance. He can find patterns no ones else sees, as he has ongoing conversations with a fantasy woman/therapist(?) which is obviously a long term hallucination for him. They dicuss his past. Every episode he sees/hears a new hallucination that helps him solve the crime. I hope they get away from that for every episode and add some of the random hallucinations.

It's a sort of "Mentalist"/"House"/"Medium" type of character. Old concept with new faces. Not too deep, but interesting enough to keep me occupied as I pedal. There are some interesting peripheral, recurring characters: His assistant and the dean of the university (Played by Levar Burton who looks funny without his TNG visor, lol)

Rachael is coming into her character of Kate. At first she seemed a little too timid, but has given more "oomph" to the role. I think they will explore a romance between the two.

Anyway, a nice way to pass my exercise time. :)

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply