It is currently 05/14/24 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Chicago Fire
PostPosted: 10/14/12 3:53 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

Very good pilot! I watched it because I love Jesse Spencer (from House), but it's funny to hear an American accent coming from him. There were times when the Aussie slipped through.

In the pilot, one fire fighter is killed, one loses his house to foreclosure, one had a breakup of an engagement, a paramedic from the same station accidentally punctured the heart of a child when trying to drain fluid and is under investigation, another fire fighter gets severely injured........

Looks like some very complicated, intertwined plot lines with a huge cast too! I'm hoping they keep it varied and do not rely too heavily on the romance side. So far, so good.

The main actors spent time with the CFD. Bravo! Well done.

Post subject: Re: Chicago Fire
PostPosted: 10/14/12 5:27 pm • # 2 
Administrator

I saw the pilot during the week and liked it very much ~ then I had drinks with some friends the other day, one of whom is a CFD captain ~ he gave the series a thumbs' up for realism ... at least so far ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/17/12 12:25 pm • # 3 
I liked it, too. I didn't even recognize Jesse Spencer from House and just figured it out after I read roseanne's post. A hair cut and a new accent and he was under cover.

Is there on input from the CFD? Is it shot in Chicago?

PostPosted: 10/17/12 1:08 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-30748

Next episode is tonight.

PostPosted: 10/17/12 1:46 pm • # 5 
Administrator

kathyk1024 wrote:
I liked it, too. I didn't even recognize Jesse Spencer from House and just figured it out after I read roseanne's post. A hair cut and a new accent and he was under cover.

Is there on input from the CFD? Is it shot in Chicago?

So the comment from my friend who is a CFD captain doesn't count? ~ :b

Yes, the show is shot here ~ or at least the premiere episode was ~ the landmarks and many of the neighborhoods are easily recognizable to those of us who live here ~ and I read somewhere that the lead actors spent LOTS of time with Chicago firefighters at Chicago fire houses to understand the routines, which were well portrayed in the premiere as bouncing between terrific professionalism interspersed with moments of sheer terror, humanizing emotion, and total boredom ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/17/12 5:21 pm • # 6 
I don't think I phrased my question right. What I wanted to ask was did the real CFD personnel consult on the show? Yea, your buddy counts. LOL!!!!

PostPosted: 10/17/12 6:04 pm • # 7 
Administrator

I don't know if CFD personnel are consulting on the set or working as extras, etc ~ I do remember the article I read said the lead actors spent a number of shifts with firefighters in a few different fire houses ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/21/12 7:19 am • # 8 
Editorialist

Finally watched episode 2 online. I'm really digging this show. Certainly not "fluff" and full of some very deep, moving emotions portrayed wonderfully by the cast. I didn't know any of Taylor Kinney's work before this and I thought he was just going to be the "pretty boy". Not so. I am pleasantly surprised. A hunk who can actually pull off a dramatic part. Not bad to look at either, especially shirtless. :angel

PostPosted: 12/20/12 8:19 am • # 9 
Editorialist

I have to say that this is my favorite new series. Gripping. The writing is excellent and the actors are great. I am totally involved with the characters.

PostPosted: 05/14/14 7:18 am • # 10 
Editorialist

**spoiler alert if you haven't seen the last episode**

There are season ending cliff hangers, then there are season ending CLIFF HANGERS! Oh my. This one was a doozy. The entire cast, save the Chief are in a building that explodes. Fade away.......until next season. Who will survive? I can't find even one hint online, lol. Guess I'll have to wait.

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ] New Topic Add Reply