It is currently 05/18/24 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: 05/01/09 4:01 am • # 1 
Administrator

I am one of those readers who panics if I don't have a couple of books waiting to be read ~ I highly recommend Amazon's "used books" service ~ I have used it several times and have been thoroughly satisfied ~ all purchases are handled by Amazon and there is a full description [by the sellers] of the book condition along with buyer comments about and ratings for the sellers ~ last night in chat, Sammy mentioned he just finished reading and recommended Second Opinion by Michael Palmer [whose writing I enjoy] ~ I took a look at Amazon this morning and the Amazon price is $25.95 [only hardback edition in print] ~ then I took a look at Amazon's "used books" and found a copy in "like new, no blemishes" condition for $3.99 [plus a flat $3.99 s/h charge] from a seller with a 100% approval rating ~ estimated delivery date: 4 - 5 days ~ Image ~ I've also found the "used books" service really terrific for finding older [and even some out-of-print] books as well ~

For you dvd fans, I use and highly recommend www.dvdempire.com ~ brand-new factory-packaged dvds, discounted prices, free s/h [over $25 I think], literally thousands of titles, including many older releases ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/22/09 5:51 am • # 2 
I just completed the book of The Reader. I didn't really care for the film and wondered why Kate Winslet's Oscar came for such an undeserving role. MO. The book was even less Hanna's story than the film. It was an interesting novella at best as it is brief and superficially about post-Nazi guilt, but more about personal guilt. Loving someone whose actions were reprehensible. The role this played in Michael Berg's entire life. It was a sad little book.

Off next to Second Opinion.

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply