It is currently 05/17/24 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Continuum
PostPosted: 06/06/13 2:02 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

I watched the first episode of this and wasn't really impressed. Starring Rachel Nichols (briefly of Criminal Minds as "JJ's" replacement) and Victor Webster (yuuum!).

Since the shows that I watch as I work out on my exercycle are over for this season, I decided to give it a second look. It just started season 2 and I've watched it in reverse order. :rolleyes Then I found the entire first season on the website and am watching it now so that I understand the background. I love it! lol Go figure.

So, the story is that she is a detective in 2077 (Vancouver) who is accidentally (on purpose?) pulled back to 2012 with a gang of terrorists that the 2077 government is trying to execute. She has some cool futuristic abilities via an implant into her brain. She manages to connect with the inventor of the implant technology as a young man and is able to use her cool stuff in 2012 to help track down the terrorists who are hellbent on causing trouble.

One intersting thing is that the terrorists are called Liber8 and want to bring down the corporatized government in 2077, but will settle for preventing corporate takeover of the government in 2012. Hmmm. ;)

They visit the whole time-travel paradox question sometimes, since she left behind a husband and son.

This is a Canadian production, so I'm not sure if you get it in the US.

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply