It is currently 04/28/24 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
 Post subject: HE NEVER DIED!!!!!
PostPosted: 10/29/13 8:47 pm • # 1 
UPDATED, 2:40 PM: 108 Media has pre-sold the Henry Rollins drama He Never Died to Take One for Scandinavia and Benelux. The AFM-bound title from writer-director Jason Krawczyck stars the legendary punk singer, author and radio host as a socially disturbed outcast. “He Never Died embodies the rare culmination of our fanboy sensibilities and mainstream marketability,” said producer Zach Hagen of Alternate Ending Studio. Adam J. Shully, who created and produced the Canadian TV drama The Bridge (not the FX series), also produces. He Never Died begins production November 13 at Pinewood Studios in Toronto.

Very, very proud.

Post subject: Re: HE NEVER DIED!!!!!
PostPosted: 10/30/13 7:02 am • # 2 
Editorialist

:bow2

Just awesome!!!!

PostPosted: 10/30/13 7:23 am • # 3 
Administrator

CONGRATS to Jason and team! ~ that is exciting and wonderful news!

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/30/13 7:36 am • # 4 
How cool is that............ terrific :tup

PostPosted: 10/30/13 8:22 am • # 5 
Editorialist

Wow congrats!! I wish Jason and his partners much success with this film. :tup

It's already on IMDb:

He Never Died

Action

Not yet released

(voting begins after release)

Director:
Jason Krawczyk

Writer:
Jason Krawczyk

Stars:
Booboo Stewart, Henry Rollins |

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2386404/?ref_=nv_sr_1

PostPosted: 10/31/13 8:37 pm • # 6 

Please go to He Never Died on facebook and share it with your friends.

Thanks,

Kathy

PostPosted: 11/05/13 8:21 pm • # 7 

Looks like they've found their diner in Toronto.

PostPosted: 11/05/13 9:52 pm • # 8 
From Variety

Jason Krawczyk, who also is directing, wrote the script with Rollins in mind for the lead. “He is the central cerebral reference for the role of Jack and the embodiment of the character,” Krawczyk said.

Rollins read the role a year ago and met Krawczyk and producer Zach Hagen of Alternate Ending Studio and “basically begged” for the opportunity to be involved, he said.

“It’s one of the best scripts I’ve ever read,” he added. “As a character, Jack is perhaps far less than normal, which suits me very well. He’s not all that bad a guy, which is different. I don’t get many of those. He is in a very rare and strange situation and I really want to be part of the action.”

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/henry ... 200799614/

PostPosted: 12/11/13 3:32 pm • # 9 
I just got an email that they are done shooting. Jason stated he has to wrap up a week and then he will head back next week.

Today is my mother's 96th birthday. I will post a picture soon. She really is incredible for her or any age!!!!

PostPosted: 12/11/13 3:39 pm • # 10 
HE NEVER DIED…that’s a wrap folks!

Posted on December 11, 2013 by Steven Ogg

I guess it’s true – all good things DO come to an end. Shooting concluded for Jason Krawczyk’s HE NEVER DIED yesterday. Such love, such gratitude, and such thanks to Jason, Adam Shully, Zach Hagen, Henry Rollins and the entire call sheet and beyond! It was a beautiful experience and such a beautiful group of people. Much thanks.

PostPosted: 12/11/13 7:47 pm • # 11 
Editorialist

Congrats to Jason et al. I hope it is a huge success!

PostPosted: 12/12/13 4:00 pm • # 12 
Administrator

This just came up on my Facebook feed ~ I doubt that I can or will ever sit thru a film about "... a guy who struggles with cannibalism" ~ but I wish Jason and the whole team/crew/actors great success with this film ~ Sooz

Henry Rollins Wraps First Lead Film Role
Hardcore icon talks about his role as a cannibal.
By Mike Ayers
December 12, 2013 1:55 PM ET

Over the last several years, Henry Rollins' acting career has accelerated, starting with a season-long arc on Sons of Anarchy in 2009. Since then, he's booked guest spots on the Hawaii Five-0 reboot and The Paul Reiser Show, as well as a slew of voice-over gigs. This week marked a new chapter in Rollins' ever-evolving career in film — he just wrapped shooting his first starring role in He Never Died, an indie film that just wrapped in Toronto. Rollins plays Jack, a guy who struggles with cannibalism.

"This is why the script has so much appeal to me," Rollins tells Rolling Stone. "He’s just bored of everything. He has to subsist on bags of blood bought from interns that smuggle it out of a local hospital while they’re in med school."

The plot is being billed as a modern-day crime thriller, and Rollins jumped at the opportunity to play the lead role. "I'm usually rarely around at the end of a film to be at the wrap party," he says. "I rarely survive. I’m usually killed off or eaten by something, or arrested."

Although Rollins has never taken an acting class, he credits his years of stage work performing spoken word as a critical factor in helping him not only to memorize and deliver lines, but to nail the lengthy passages that a lead would undertake. "I just do all this stuff by knowing what I know from being on stage all my life and having material in my head that I bark out onstage for any particular tour," he says. "Doing all that kind of memorization stuff which I usually do for tours helps with all of this."

While the film just completed shooting, there's no timetable yet for release, but the plan is to roll it out on the summer/fall 2014 festival circuit.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/henry-rollins-wraps-first-lead-film-role-20131212

PostPosted: 12/12/13 4:55 pm • # 13 
I think I told you who the guy was.

I've read the script and it really isn't about cannibalism. So Rolling Stone is interviewing. Cool!!!!

PostPosted: 12/13/13 7:24 pm • # 14 
The New Jersey crew looks happy. It's 12 degrees in Toronto, so they better be.

PostPosted: 12/20/13 8:21 am • # 15 
Editorialist

I'm getting such a kick out of all the "behind the scenes" stuff on their FB page, Kath. They seem to be having a blast!

PostPosted: 12/20/13 9:46 am • # 16 
I'm glad you are checking in chaos.

They are done shooting. I got an e-mail this morning that he is heading home tomorrow and picking up a phone along the way. Oh good Lord!!!

PostPosted: 01/28/14 11:53 am • # 17 
Jason did a treatment for a TV series on Canadian TV. Hopefully it's picked up.

Here's the latest Henry Rollins quote that I adore!!!

"When life hands you a lemon, say oh yea I like lemons what else you got?" -Henry Rollins

PostPosted: 01/28/14 12:01 pm • # 18 
Administrator

Kath, did you ever see [and share with Jason] the Henry Rollins quote I posted at the end of the year in our Favorite Quotes thread? ~ it's definitely a KEEPER ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 01/28/14 12:13 pm • # 19 
I just went and read it, sooz. Seems Henry Rollins is a wise man.

PostPosted: 02/02/14 9:21 am • # 20 
Editorialist

Henry is great. he has been part of the spoken word scene for decades, so he is used to reading, too.

kat- when does this come out? do we have a tentative release date yet?

PostPosted: 02/03/14 5:48 pm • # 21 
I don't know mac. They are still editing in Canada. Trying to trim five more minutes.

PostPosted: 02/16/15 10:08 pm • # 22 
Editorialist

topping out of recent interest.

PostPosted: 02/17/15 4:56 pm • # 23 
Administrator

kathyk1024 wrote:
I don't know mac. They are still editing in Canada. Trying to trim five more minutes.

Why does a film have to be a certain length rather than as long or short as it should be? I've noticed this about North American films. The Europeans don't seem to care about film length.

PostPosted: 02/18/15 10:02 pm • # 24 
I don't know the answer to that, oskar.

I will ask.

PostPosted: 02/20/15 7:45 am • # 25 
Editorialist

"Allowable film length" sometimes has to do with the actual amount of film stock that would have to be used to make copies for distribution. There have been times in the history of cinema when film stock supplies were low and the price high. A studio could have a few flops and then struggle to finance the distribution of the next "big hit". The more they trim, the less it costs.

Also has to do with theater scheduling. They want to maximize the number of showings in a day.

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ] New Topic Add Reply