It is currently 04/28/24 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Growing Up Fisher
PostPosted: 02/24/14 8:22 am • # 1 
Editorialist

A sweet new show/comedy. Half an hour of entertainment. I loved the pilot! Based on a true story too.

Growing Up Fisher is about a boy coming of age with a blind father. Well, the father has always been blind – just hiding it from the rest of the world until he and his wife separate. In any case, that’s not entirely important or all that the show is about. It’s the kid. And the coming of age. OK, and the blind thing. And a dog named Elvis. And the soft goo of life lessons (really obvious ones) encasing you like a caramel hug.

The series is narrated by Jason Bateman (Arrested Development), who provides the grown-up voice of Henry (he's also executive producer).

Created by DJ Nash (Up All Night, Bent) and inspired by his own life story, Growing Up Fisher is about 12-year-old Henry (Eli Baker) and his two parents: blind father Mel (J.K. Simmons, The Closer), who’s an attorney; and Joyce (Jenna Elfman, 1600 Penn, Dharma & Greg), who is something I can’t recall because I was flossing so I wouldn’t get a cavity. Or three. Well, she's a mom for sure. Although she kind of wants to be best friends with her daughter, Katie (Ava Deluca-Verley).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review ... Stories%29

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply