It is currently 05/16/24 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Streaming Netflix
PostPosted: 06/18/14 7:52 pm • # 1 
Actually I've been streaming the last week and I've been power watching series.

I finished Season 2 of House of Cards. President Underwood!!!!!

I am now watching Season 4 of Damages. It guest stars John Goodman as the owner of a Blackwater-like firm working in Afghanistan.

Post subject: Re: Streaming Netflix
PostPosted: 06/19/14 10:02 am • # 2 
Editorialist

We are thinking of Netflix, as I mentioned before. We want it on our TV, which is not connected to the internet (we think, LOL) and our Blu-ray player has the capability. We just don't know exactly how to set it up. :o

PostPosted: 06/20/14 12:40 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

Believe it or not, it's so simple even I was able to do it - providing you have a wireless internet connection in your house. There's a special cable that should have come with your blue ray player. Plug one end of it in the player and the other in the corresponding port on your tv. (It's a different size than the rest so it's easy to spot.)
After that turn them both on and set the tv to HDMI 1 and let it do it's thing. It will connect to the internet and then give you a menu with Netflix on it. Then you can be just like me - look at the dozens and dozens of movies and tv series on it and realize there really isn't anything worthwhile watching.

PostPosted: 06/20/14 2:26 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
Believe it or not, it's so simple even I was able to do it - providing you have a wireless internet connection in your house. There's a special cable that should have come with your blue ray player. Plug one end of it in the player and the other in the corresponding port on your tv. (It's a different size than the rest so it's easy to spot.)
After that turn them both on and set the tv to HDMI 1 and let it do it's thing. It will connect to the internet and then give you a menu with Netflix on it. Then you can be just like me - look at the dozens and dozens of movies and tv series on it and realize there really isn't anything worthwhile watching.

Thanks jim. LOL, I know there's not much and that's why we have hesitated. Hubby found a way to hijack the US version on his tablet, but it's not much fun to watch on a 7" screen with two pairs of old eyes trying to see it at the same time. The US offers a lot more than the Canadian one.

PostPosted: 06/22/14 3:22 pm • # 5 
I am finding things to watch, Roseanne. I plan on Damages Season 5 next week. I found season 4 okay.

After that I am thinking Orange is the New Black.

I never watched Breaking Bad because I objected to the concept. I figured if Walter White was going out "cooking and selling meth". he broke bad in episode 1. However I may actually watch it and see what everyone liked about the series.

It's easy to use and it's flexible.

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply