It is currently 04/28/24 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Any Bill Murray fans?
PostPosted: 07/13/14 8:29 am • # 1 
Administrator

I'm definitely a Bill Murray fan ~ can't decide if this sounds appealing to me or not, but I'll definitely watch the full-length video "live linked" below ~ Sooz

Watch: Bill Murray in surreal never-released 1984 film now available online
By Tom Boggioni
Saturday, July 12, 2014 17:04 EDT

Following on the heels of his hit Ghostbusters, which went on to become the second highest-grossing film of 1984, Bill Murray starred in a project written and directed by fellow Saturday Night Live alum Tom Schiller, only to see the studio bury the film.

That film, Nothing Lasts Forever, has now resurfaced — in its entirety — online at YouTube.

According to the A.V. Club, the film bubbled to the surface online three years ago, but only now is being discovered by fans.

Using an assortment of odd transitions and effects including slipping back and forth between color and back and white as well as sporadic musical numbers, Forever stars Gremlins star Zach Galligan, as well a SNL veteran Dan Ackroyd, and is described as science fiction/social satire, with some likening it to Terry Gilliam’s Brazil, released a year later.

In the film, Galligan stars as an artist navigating a surreal Manhattan ruled by the New York Port Authority and a mysterious group of tramps. Murray appears as the bus conductor who drives Galligan to the moon.

Despite being invited to show the film at the Cannes Film Festival, MGM refused to release the film in 1984, and has only allowed a few screenings — organized by Murray and Schiller – as well as airings on German television.

Watch the Nothing Lasts Forever movie uploaded to YouTube below:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/12/watch-bill-murray-in-surreal-never-released-1984-film-now-available-online/

PostPosted: 07/14/14 7:16 am • # 2 
Editorialist

I am a "sometimes" Bill Murray fan, lol. I don't like all of his work, but do like "Groundhogs Day", "Ghostbusters" and (one of my faves) "Scrooged". I'll be sure to watch this when I have time.

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply