It is currently 05/26/24 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: Madam Secretary
PostPosted: 09/30/14 7:01 am • # 1 
Editorialist

Well, I am more impressed that I thought I would be. Tea Leoni's demeanor/acting has always seemed bland and low key to me, but in this show it works well! She appears as cool, yet determined. You can sense the underlying determination in her character. I'm hooked. I don't think they could have picked a better female lead. Other actors may have appeared as having to force that sort of "still waters" attitude. For her it is natural.

Post subject: Re: Madam Secretary
PostPosted: 09/30/14 7:46 am • # 2 
Administrator

She is truly fantastic in this role ~ and the writing is terrific ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 09/30/14 11:28 am • # 3 
I was always jealous of Tea because she married one of my boyfriends, David Duchovny. I know, I have many.

I didn't think I'd like this show. Maybe I'll check it out on-demand.

PostPosted: 10/06/14 2:01 pm • # 4 
Administrator

Last night's episode was A+++++!!! ~ realistic, scary, and very believable ~ Tea Leoni is surrounded by a surprisingly cohesive and effective supporting cast ~ even all the public and personal story lines fit together snugly ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/06/14 2:02 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

Will probably watch tomorrow or Wednesday online. :-)

PostPosted: 10/07/14 7:05 am • # 6 
Editorialist

LOL, that was supposed to be a smiley face.

Watched it this morning (while riding my bike). Absolutely fantastic! I noticed something in the credits. Morgan Freeman is one of the exec. producers. That says a lot to me. After all..........he did play the president in Deep Impact ;) , another of Tea Leoni's project. I liked her in that too and I certainly respect Morgan.

PostPosted: 10/13/14 10:44 am • # 7 
Administrator

Another A+++++ episode last night ~ every line from and every expression on the faces of every character was pitch-perfect ~ and I really love the clear dichotomy between Tea's competence [even brilliance] at work and her more emotional, nearly uncontrollable home life ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/14/14 6:55 am • # 8 
Editorialist

Agreed!

I know this sounds a little shallow, but I wish they would style Tea's hair a tad better. Most of the entire episode, there was a hank in the front that was straight and sticking out. I don't mind the "messy" look of her style, but that drove me nuts, lol. If there weren't as many close-ups, I may not have noticed. :o

PostPosted: 10/21/14 7:09 am • # 9 
Editorialist

Whoa. I was NOT expecting that last scene. Interesting.

PostPosted: 11/02/14 9:02 pm • # 10 
Ok. I can't get by my dislike of Tea.

PostPosted: 11/02/14 10:58 pm • # 11 
Editorialist

kathyk1024 wrote:
Ok. I can't get by my dislike of Tea.

I understand. There are a few actors who's work I can't watch because I just don't like them, even if the work is outstanding. lol I was on the fence about Tea, so it wasn't hard for me to like the premise of the show and like her in it.

PostPosted: 11/03/14 7:46 am • # 12 
Administrator

I was never a fan of Tea Leone until this role ~ either she is custom-tailored-made for the role or the role is custom-tailored-made for her ~ the entire cast is terrific and the realism knocks me out ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/18/14 8:00 am • # 13 
Editorialist

Ok, just watched the most recent episode. Great one. I LOVE the way they slipped in a sort-of obscure reference/homage to The Big Bang Theory.

NASA man asks the SoS to help him place a powerful telescope in a small island nation, which will be able to see billions of years "in the past" to light that may have originated during the "big bang". He has the hots for her assistant. The SoS says to her "you should ask him out. he might let you drive the Mars Rover"

Big Bang has an episode about one of the guys getting chicks by promising to let them drive the Mars Rover....which of course gets "wrecked" and stuck in a ditch.

Anyway, I appreciated the veiled homage even if it wasn't deliberate. I have a feeling it was.....

PostPosted: 03/17/15 8:41 pm • # 14 
Editorialist

I am VERY happy that they have renewed this for next season. It's one of the most gripping shows on TV, imo.

Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ] New Topic Add Reply