It is currently 05/26/24 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Gracepoint
PostPosted: 09/30/14 9:07 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

I will be watching this, an American version of Broadchurch, a British production which I loved. If it's anywhere near as good, I will enjoy it.

(see my review of Broadchurch here viewtopic.php?f=68&t=13869&hilit=broadchurch )

It's been "stretched" to 10 episodes, compared to 8 for Broadchurch and David Tennant plays the same role in both. It's funny to hear him speak with an American accent! lol

Post subject: Re: Gracepoint
PostPosted: 10/04/14 2:57 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

Not really impressed with first episode, but will give it a chance. The best acting, imo, is the woman who plays the dead boy's mother.
According to IMDb, she is in only 2 episodes. That's disappointing and tells me that this US version is going to be very different and will probably disappoint me. Trying to keep an open mind here...

PostPosted: 10/06/14 9:43 am • # 3 
I was going to watch it on demand, but it's not there. Hmmmm.

I'll keep looking,

PostPosted: 10/06/14 2:05 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

Kathy, if you are looking for Broadchurch online, you may not find it since it's a UK production.

If you are looking for Gracepoint, I doubt they will make it available on demand until it is done, since it is a mini-series.

Your best bet is to find a station that carries it in the US and offers online video content of series. Usually posted a day or so after airing. That is how I watch all of "my" shows that I don't watch with hubby since he's not interested.

PostPosted: 10/06/14 3:56 pm • # 5 
Ok. I have Comcast cable and they usually have series episodes on demand the next day. You go to the menu and can watch episodes whenever you want.

Episode 101 of Gracepoint is available now. It airs on FOX.

PostPosted: 10/07/14 8:02 pm • # 6 
Ok, I just watched it. Brutal concept. I will probably watch it through.

PostPosted: 10/08/14 7:45 am • # 7 
Editorialist

To me, the biggest and best part of Broadchurch was how they led you down the suspect path. One episode, you were certain it was one person, then they would lead you to another......and another....,most of whom you were hoping was not the killer since they also made you like them.

I hope they end it the same way.

PostPosted: 10/24/14 9:18 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

I am enjoying Gracepoint and I still say the best actor on the show is the woman who plays Beth, Danny's mom. Virginia Kull. She seems the most genuine, while everyone else seems to force their character.

PostPosted: 12/12/14 8:10 am • # 9 
Editorialist

Disappointed in the ending. Much, much different than Broadchurch. I won't reveal the ending in case someone hasn't seen it. However I do, now more than ever, recommend you watch Broadchurch.

PostPosted: 12/12/14 2:49 pm • # 10 
"How didn't you know?" emphasized so much in episode 9, lead me to at least part of the truth.

Sad. For everyone.

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ] New Topic Add Reply