It is currently 03/28/24 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Broadchurch, Season 2
PostPosted: 01/02/15 11:28 am • # 1 
Editorialist

I am really looking forward to this! They made an excellent mini-series with the first one. The writing exceeded the US clone, Gracepoint, in that one could not guess the murderer. It was much more suspenseful, so this new one should be excellent too. That was my major disappointment with Gracepoint. Too much was given away at the beginning.

It's not another murder-mystery either. Same town, but different story. Same characters, with many of the same actors too. I love that!

Premieres March 4th on BBC America.

January 11th on Showcase in Canada.

PostPosted: 01/15/15 5:03 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

Watched the first episode of this and was a little disoriented, lol. They did some flashbacks of the first one and there is one storyline that ties into that as well as into the past case of "Detective Alec Hardy" that was referenced in the first one a few times. It also involves the trial of the murderer from the first one and some surprises with that (won't give spoilers).

Many things going on at once. I still prefer the acting in the British version. A couple of surprise cast members: Marianne Jean-Batiste(from Without a Trace) whom I did not know was British, lol, James D'Arcy who is in the new series "Agent Carter" and Charlotte Rampling who was in "Dexter" if you watched that. I didn't, but I love her acting style.

PostPosted: 03/11/15 1:52 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

I was pleased with Season 2. Very entertaining and surprising. David Tennant and Olivia Colman have already signed for a Season 3.

PostPosted: 04/10/17 8:11 am • # 4 
Editorialist

For my money, this mini-series is the best on TV. Stellar acting, gripping story lines and I will miss it after this final season. Two more episodes.

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply